NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't understand why people are upset that weather conditions could effect the game. It's football for fucks sake. You think the NFC Championship game in 2007 being player in negative 360 below was a bad thing?

The next thing I hear is that it's not the on the field that they're worried about... It's the off the field events and being able to get to the game that worries them.

Funny, nobody bitched about it when it was in Detroit or Indianapolis, where it's just as likely that a massive snow storm would hit and disrupt things.

I was in Dallas for that Super Bowl. 3 inches of fucking snow paralyzed that city for a week. It was disgraceful how I'll prepared they were. Yet the game went on, and somehow someway people still got to the game... bad weather, incredibly poor mass transit options be damned. The only issue in the end was that douche Jerry Jones' own hubris of trying to set attendance records... which is why Dallas won't get another Super Bowl in that shit hole of a stadium for a long time.

I really couldn't give two fucks about the vacations of wine-and-cheese-toting Super Bowl attendees, so I'm fine with the most important game of the season reflecting the rest of the playoffs.

Speaking of snowstorms and whatnot... and this might sound a bit dumb to some of you... what are the consequences of a major snowstorm during the game versus torrential rainfall?

I only ask because I've never seen snow fall.

It really depends on what kind of snow. A gentle snow storm actually makes very little difference, but a wind driven heavy snow can wreak havoc. Heavy snow can cause the yardlines/boundaries to disappear also which makesthings tough on the refs to get calls accurate (and they certainly don't need anything else to make them more incompetent). Honestly the worst possible scenario, which will happen, is an ice storm. The Falcons' team bus will crash on the way to the game and The Raiders will win by forfeit.

As a Dolphins fan, your team has quite a history with snow:

Snow Plow Game 1982 Miami Dolphins vs New England Patriots - YouTube

Screen Pass Snow Party - YouTube

I don't understand why people are upset that weather conditions could effect the game. It's football for fucks sake. You think the NFC Championship game in 2007 being player in negative 360 below was a bad thing?

The next thing I hear is that it's not the on the field that they're worried about... It's the off the field events and being able to get to the game that worries them.

Funny, nobody bitched about it when it was in Detroit or Indianapolis, where it's just as likely that a massive snow storm would hit and disrupt things.

I was in Dallas for that Super Bowl. 3 inches of fucking snow paralyzed that city for a week. It was disgraceful how I'll prepared they were. Yet the game went on, and somehow someway people still got to the game... bad weather, incredibly poor mass transit options be damned. The only issue in the end was that douche Jerry Jones' own hubris of trying to set attendance records... which is why Dallas won't get another Super Bowl in that shit hole of a stadium for a long time.
The people bitching are media members who are displeased that it's going to be cold while they're covering the game.

Okay lets play a PTI game,Toss up,

Who's gonna get fired first,Jason Garrett or Rex Ryan

I say Jason Garrett.Because, since the Cowboys are the better team,Jones will have a shorther leash.If The Cowboys are out of the playoff race around thankgiving,Garrett could be done.In the case of Rex,we all know the team will be bad this year,there for zero expectations.So the GM can just let the season unfold and pull the plug on him on black Monday

I don't care about the weather. Of anything it could help my Packers this year if they make it.

I just hate the Ginger Hammer.

Okay lets play a PTI game,Toss up,

Who's gonna get fired first,Jason Garrett or Rex Ryan

I say Jason Garrett.Because, since the Cowboys are the better team,Jones will have a shorther leash.If The Cowboys are out of the playoff race around thankgiving,Garrett could be done.In the case of Rex,we all know the team will be bad this year,there for zero expectations.So the GM can just let the season unfold and pull the plug on him on black Monday

Rex should be, Garrett likely will be because the owner is crazier.

I actually think the Packers would be better off with the game in a dome... It fits their style, which is ironic.

Not this year. They built their team this offseason to run the ball more. Defenses finally caught up with the Packers offense by playing two high safeties. They will look significantly different this year. Better though? The jury is still out.

original.gif

I didn't watch a game overseas until the week before Thanksgiving. Watched a few on my ipad but my connection was horrid. I missed the MLB post-season as well. Again, would never trade those 3 months for anything, but missing out on these things was a tiny negative.

The Ravens can't find the entrance.

Let's hope they can find the endzone!

HAHAHAHAHAHahalahadjshdeufeuheucheuchnshjbchfeuh

Back
Top Bottom