NFL 2013-2014: Snow Plow to the Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, smart kid, knows how to market himself and make a name for himself while playing a position that hasn't had a true charismatic star since Deion Sanders retired, and is taking all the endorsement money that Darrelle Revis wishes he could make if he weren't such an insufferable twat.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Or, smart kid, knows how to market himself and make a name for himself while playing a position that hasn't had a true charismatic star since Deion Sanders retired, and is taking all the endorsement money that Darrelle Revis wishes he could make if he weren't such an insufferable twat.

*looks up list of Heisman Trophy winners*

Yup. Some people are running backs from Alabama, and some people play positions where it's hard to get individual recognition despite on field excellence. So braggadocio is a pretty blunt, useful way of evening the field.

I dunno. I'm trying to be objective here, but it seems to me that Sherman really likes kicking people when they're down. Apparently after the Atlanta loss last year he left without speaking to reporters, then before the rematch this year he talked all sorts of junk about them being stuck in the cellar (really not their fault, they had horrific luck with injuries). Somebody tell me I'm wrong.

hmm this is what quick searching dug up on the Atlanta rematch: link

Then asked if the Seahawks would have more motivation for this game given what happened last season, Sherman said: “No, no. We are an 8-1 ballclub, they are a 2-6 ballclub.”

In the accompanying video Sherman says they "still got a Hall of Famer at TE, still got a great quarterback, they just aren't clicking as they were and the record shows that".

hmm this is what quick searching dug up on the Atlanta rematch: link

In the accompanying video Sherman says they "still got a Hall of Famer at TE, still got a great quarterback, they just aren't clicking as they were and the record shows that".

Fair enuf.

He clearly likes to get into people's heads, and he clearly has an issue with Crabtree. That's about it, as far as I can tell.

It was only one guy dumping popcorn on him from the video I've seen.

popcorn.gif

Yeah, there's not much cascading down. Probably just one drunk asshole.

Bowman suffered an ACL/MCL tear, fwiw.

Also, he's not the MVP because he made that one play, he's the MVP because he's arguably the best corner in the league and they barely targeted him all game because of that.

He's the MVP because they knew what would happen if they did not give it to him

stupid shit people say

I can live with one drunk asshole. I hope a second drunk asshole punched the first one for that, though.

The thing is for Sherman this isn't a one time thing. He's fighting to be the best and freaks out when anyone doesn't see it the same way. He's the Kanye of football.

He was an asshat yesterday, he was an asshat with Skip Bayless (and I fucking HATE Skip Bayless), he's been an asshat in many of the interviews he gives. Many not all. When he's under control, he's a great interview. That's the issue. He's a verbal Suh. Out. of. control.

I had read somewhere recently that Seattle purposely commits Pass Interference on every play because they know that there's no way the officials would throw a flag on every down.

I'm still glad they beat Harbaugh though, but I hope Manning rips them to shreds in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

The thing is for Sherman this isn't a one time thing. He's fighting to be the best and freaks out when anyone doesn't see it the same way. He's the Kanye of football.

He was an asshat yesterday, he was an asshat with Skip Bayless (and I fucking HATE Skip Bayless), he's been an asshat in many of the interviews he gives. Many not all. When he's under control, he's a great interview. That's the issue. He's a verbal Suh. Out. of. control.

You honestly don't think that a man of his intelligence knew exactly what he was doing in each of the instances you've brought up?

He may be an ass hat, but he's very much in control.

You honestly don't think that a man of his intelligence knew exactly what he was doing in each of the instances you've brought up?

He may be an ass hat, but he's very much in control.

I'm just curious, where do you have it from that he did so well in school? All I can find is his word on it and then a differing site saying that he did just average.

SI did an article on him back in the Summer. It mentioned that he graduated 2nd in his HS class, with that 4.2 GPA. It does not mention his Stanford GPA, though he did graduate with a degree in communications. By all accounts, from teachers and coaches, he's exceptionally bright.

Not condoning or condemning his behavior (though I do find it all much ado about nothing), nor am I saying it's all calculated - but if I had to bet I'd say that he knows damn well what he's doing.

I had read somewhere recently that Seattle purposely commits Pass Interference on every play because they know that there's no way the officials would throw a flag on every down.

if that's true, I assume it's the honor and integrity of the other 31 teams that prevents them from copying successful defensive tactics.....

if that's true, I assume it's the honor and integrity of the other 31 teams that prevents them from copying successful defensive tactics.....

Could you please provide screen shots to support your assumption?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

If it works, more power to them. Players and teams are always looking for that extra edge.
What's also helping Sherman is that the greater your profile as a cover corner, the less inclined referees are going to be to call penalties on you. The better players always get the benefit of the doubt on borderline plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom