NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched a replay of the Bears/Packers NFC Championship the other night. it was so interesting how that went down and how FOX really painted a bad picture of Cutler as the game went on. kudos to the Bears defense for keeping them in that game as long as they were.

Cutler sat out of the game, and may have cost them the Super Bowl.

LOL, see? Didn't medical reports released days later confirm the injury was legit though (torn or strained MCL - can't remember exactly)? Maybe he could have played, maybe not. But it looked like he quit to fans, other players and the media. I don't think that's what happened, but I remember Deion Sanders saying after the game something to the extent of "He probably really was too injured to return - but it's all about perception."

Not quite. After he left the game, ostensibly due to injury, his body language had this 'I don't care' vibe to it. That may be the furthest thing from the truth, but that perception of him became reality.

kind of like how ladanian tomlinson looks by the 2nd quarter of every single big game he's ever been involved in.

I know that Gronkowski wasn't 100% and perhaps shouldn't have even played, but I'm thinking in terms of what my response would have been had that happened with a player I'm a fan of. If the Packers lost the Super Bowl, and then I saw video of Rodgers or Matthews out partying that same night, I'd be majorly pissed. It sends a strong message that you don't give a shit about the team or the fans as long as you can party and get laid after the game is over.

Exactly. I don't see any way that Bellichick is okay with this no matter what he says publicly. I believe he will make it clear to Gronkowski that he is a representative of the Patriots organization and he needs to be aware that he has become a star player and people are watching him and there are times when it is not appropriate to behave like an overgrown, over-age frat-boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom