NFL 2012: Playoffs? Playoffs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I meant it colloquially, and genially. I'd call myself a schlub. Or a random schmuck. Which are both yiddish- hmmm. Maybe watching Woody Allen and Larry David has sunk into the back of my brain.

I understood what you meant. I've taken schlub to be almost equal to schmo. An ordinary person. Schmuck I would say is a little more harsh. I would equate that to a dick or an asshole.

As an NFL fan, I'm sorry to see RG3 get injured and be out of action for a while, but as a NY Giant fan, I'm hoping he takes his time recovering and perhaps misses the season. He recorded too many 4th down conversions against them this season. Damn you, RG3!

I understood what you meant. I've taken schlub to be almost equal to schmo. An ordinary person. Schmuck I would say is a little more harsh. I would equate that to a dick or an asshole.

Huh, didn't know that about schmuck. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

#yiddish101 #NFLfootball

phanan said:
He'll be ready when the season starts.

This.

Based on the way our doctors have treated him, he'll play in the preseason too. That's what really saddens me about this situation. The entire fanbase has lost trust in the organization. As long as the most exciting Skins player in decades is out on the field, it's all good. Doesn't matter if he's 60 or 80 or 100%. And RG3 obviously doesn't care because he wants to be out there no matter what. Dude's a monster, or clinically insane.

I hope he's still with us in a few years. The way they embarrassed Seattle before he blew out his knee, I'm starting to believe this team can go all the way, if the defense takes its momentum into 2013.

This injury could be a blessing in disguise if it means Griffin starts protecting his body a bit more on the field. The guy does take a lot of hits.

Has any QB been on the receiving end of more late hits this year than RG3? That roughing the passer Seattle got called for early on was hilariously blatant. A roughing the passer also sealed the Dallas game.

I read an NFL writer that says they talked to an NFL defensive staff member and said it'd take one offseason to finish studying/implementing a real solid anti-read option game plan. (Likely in the NFC East). Emphasizing how much game plans are limited in the season strictly by the short number of days between the last game and the next game.

I suspect the ideal equilibrium may be ~2-4 plays a game, just enough to punish the defense w/ 10+ yard gains, but not enough to make it worthwhile to spend significant time planning against. I don't know the proportion of calls in the offense Griffin runs, but Wilson's definitely ran it a bit more (with more hits against) in the wild card game, and I was terrified/I'd happily never see it again from Week 1 to Week 10 of 2013. In a do or die situation, sure.

There is no such thing as anti-read option once you get up to a certain level of athleticism. You can gameplan however you please, but it's difficult to shut down this new breed of quarterbacks (Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3) when the defense can never be certain what play will be called. The best advice I could offer is to shut down the running game, but all three of those teams have exceptional running backs. Easier said than done.

I will say that the Skins need to improve their o-line so that the read option doesn't remain a crutch. More traditional looks need to be introduced in 2013. It's not really possible for us to pass at will independent of a successful running game.

There is no such thing as anti-read option once you get up to a certain level of athleticism. You can gameplan however you please, but it's difficult to shut down this new breed of quarterbacks (Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3) when the defense can never be certain what play will be called. The best advice I could offer is to shut down the running game, but all three of those teams have exceptional running backs. Easier said than done.

I will say that the Skins need to improve their o-line so that the read option doesn't remain a crutch. More traditional looks need to be introduced in 2013. It's not really possible for us to pass at will, on anyone.

My impression was that it involved better ways of the defense wrapping/disguising the scraping linebacker, but my knowledge grows far sketchier beyond that. It's not like these QBs will be obsolete, but it stands to reason that with a whole empty offseason to study film that defensive coordinators will be better prepared than squeezing in film study week-to-week after the "holy shit" moment after the Redskins smacked New Orleans around Week 1.

Like you said before, it's going to become an issue of frequency. While the read option isn't the fucking Wildcat, it's not going to be possible to build an offense around it. As a tool to keep defenses off-balance, it's here to stay though.

Sounds to me like you're gonna be watching Cousins for all of 2013 LeMel. They are saying 6-8 Months, but I've heard some experts saying its really a 12 month recovery. We'll see how he heals, but the best course is for the Skins to be as cautious as possible, even if it means basically sacrificing the 2013 season.

Had to operate on both knees cause they needed to use a tendon from his left to rebuild his right ACL cause all he had in there was a rubber band and a couple of screws from his college ACL surgery.

Gonna be a good weekend of football, folks.

My assumptions are that the Patriots and Broncos will move on, but both NFC games could go either way, imo.

I'm hoping for Seattle @ Green Bay for the NFC Championship because I'll get to watch that game from the sidelines if it happens.

Hewson said:
We'll see how he heals, but the best course is for the Skins to be as cautious as possible, even if it means basically sacrificing the 2013 season.

This is absolutely true. But I still half expect some meddling in the process from Snyder. I already know some "fans" who intend to sell their season tickets if it's a 12 month heal.

GAFfer, the ever reliable Jimmy Johnson tweeted that Marc Trestman, he who currently is the head coach in Montreal, will take over the Bears.

If that is to be believed, then you have yourself a great coach. His work with quarterbacks precedes him and is well established, but you're also getting a no-nonsense guy who runs a very tight ship. Playing and coaching under him is not easy because he is very, very demanding, but that usually yields positive results for him.

Of course, I was just kidding about Johnson being reliable. So far he's the only one who has said this and even Trestman was just quoted as saying he hasn't heard from the Bears yet.

The NFL needs to add a rouge.

Also, the player who scores a TD should have to be the one who kicks the extra point.

The NFL needs to add a rouge.

will_ferrell.png

Back
Top Bottom