NFL 2012 - Eli has two rings edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time something is successful in the NFL teams go to work on studying it on it and plan on stopping it... so I think teams that struggle to run the ball and have been bombing it down the field like the Packers, Patriots, Saints, Lions, Eagles and Giants may struggle this season unless they make adjustments to how they play...

Well, except for maybe the Pats, who's schedule is so damn easy it may not matter what they do.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Sadly they wont achieve last place to do so.

I'm not giving up on Tannehill necessarily, but if they actually did end up in that position, hell yes you take the best player available. Especially for a position that the Dolphins have failed to secure in ages.

Then make the two of them compete.

RG3 aside, most rookie QBs struggle early and often. A large number of them take years to develop. If the dolphins really feel Tannehill has to goods, they should stick with him for a few years.

Oh, and RG3 will certainly have his struggles quite soon... unless of course he's a straight freak and apparent greatest QB of all time.

Oh, and RG3 will certainly have his struggles quite soon... unless of course he's a straight freak and apparent greatest QB of all time.

He's not. His stats were boosted by Garcon's YAC (can't wait to get him back after that ridiculous turf toe injury; he was playing like a man possessed) and a Saints D that had no idea what we had in store for them. Sean Payton is going to be sorely missed. Their defense was lousy last year, and I'm not sure why so many people assumed they would challenge us last year. RG3 will likely struggle when he faces a legit secondary (I feel like many teams are struggling in this area).

At the same time, I gotta say he looks almost impossible to sack. There was this one play in the 4th where he was being pursued by two linemen and at the very last second he made this spin move straight out of Madden and made a huge completion. Plus, he was clutch. He could have thrown a pick on that completion to Paulsen that about sealed it, but he didn't. In fact, he didn't throw any, or come terribly close. You have no idea how refreshing that is for a Skins fan.

They need to get motivated, because Vick looks terrible and they won't be playing the Browns every week.

Reid is absolutely horrendous at playcalling, but he usually assembles a good team every year.

Judging by the schedules and the nature of their rivalry games, the NFC East is going to be full of 9 win teams this year. The Giants have the toughest schedule in the league, so they can't pull their usual mediocrity until December thing this year. The Cowboys looked sloppy but very strong in previously weak areas. The Eagles are poorly coached but have too much talent to suck. I have no opinion on the Redskins until they prove they can show last week's intensity against shitty teams. Next week will be a huge test for them and reveal Shanahan's skill as a coach, or lack thereof. Fisher will have the Rams ready to go, such as they are.

RG3 aside, most rookie QBs struggle early and often. A large number of them take years to develop. If the dolphins really feel Tannehill has to goods, they should stick with him for a few years.

Well with that, Cam Newton is the best ever.

Nah, just kidding. I know, give Tannehill time. I'm not saying abandon him at all. However, having two young QBs can't hurt in one year's time. All things nice, both pan out and have trade value.

I just cannot express enough how miserable being a Dolphins fan is without a QB. Chad Pennington's amazing season here was a gift from god, and since then and before then we've yet to see anything that I'm old enough to remember.

On a Dolphin note, their defense would be fine if the offense could keep it off of the field. It's the horrendously bad offense that makes this team as bad as it is.

I just cannot express enough how miserable being a Dolphins fan is without a QB. Chad Pennington's amazing season here was a gift from god, and since then and before then we've yet to see anything that I'm old enough to remember.

Its like karmic retribution for having Marino for his entire career.

Not often does a team follow up a HoF QB with another great QB any time soon, Montana and Young being the exception to the rule.

My opinion is Barkley will be a better pro than Luck, so as a Dolphin fan, 0-16 this year would be a good thing.

Trent Dilfer also has a ring :wink:

Theismann was a very, very good QB. Great moments. Too few individual great seasons to place him on a list of The Greats. Certainly, I would take him over every QB we've had since. But I feel he was one piece of a remarkable puzzle, a spot that Gibbs filled time and time again with solid-not-amazing QBs who produced regardless.

Of course, my opinion is just based on lots of game film and literature on the subject. I wish I could have been there. I actually did get to watch the Redskins practice when I was little, back when they set up training camp at Frostburg State, and I have met my favorite player of all time, Darrell Green. His autograph is around at my house in MD somewhere.

Trent Dilfer also has a ring.

Theismann was a very, very good QB. Great moments. Too few individual great seasons to place him on a list of The Greats. Certainly, I would take him over every QB we've had since. But I feel he was one piece of a remarkable puzzle, a spot that Gibbs filled time and time again with solid-not-amazing QBs who produced regardless.

Of course, my opinion is just based on lots of game film and literature on the subject. I wish I could have been there.

Sonny was a great QB. No doubt. Theismann went 1 for 2 in Super Bowls. Sonny was 0 for 0. Joe Theismann is also the career passing leader for the Skins. He's gotta be the greatest QB in their team's history.

Well, Sammy Baugh was easily the most dominant player we've had at the position, but you have to judge the situation differently.

You're just used to defending Eli's stats with rings :wink:

NFL Network online is the fucking worst. Five minutes of the game and ten minutes of idiots bullshitting in chairs. Good thing I don't really care about this game.

LemonMelon said:
Theismann was a very, very good QB. Great moments... Of course, my opinion is just based on lots of game film and literature on the subject. I wish I could have been there.

I still vividly remember watching LT breaking Theismann's leg on MNF. Fuck, that still makes me cringe. I guess I was 13 at the time.

"It's the same old Jay," Charles Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."

Sammy Baugh

The Best!

$(KGrHqZ,!l4E-epbkvBKBP1l5IlP-w~~60_3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom