NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the Bears do claim the neckbeard, then i wonder if they actually do expect Cutler to return this season.

ortonmontage.jpg

Any excuse to post these is good..

KyleOrton-300x225.jpg

kyle_orton_drunk_6.jpg

orton%20and%20girls.jpg

Englewood, colo. -- Kyle Orton has gone from Jay Cutler's replacement to Tim Tebow's backup to the unemployment line.

The Broncos released the 29-year-old veteran quarterback Tuesday, six weeks after benching him following a 1-4 start.
Although he's a vested veteran with seven NFL seasons under his belt, Orton is subject to the waiver rules because he was released after the trade deadline. If another team claims him, it will be responsible for about $3 million in salary, which is what remains of his roughly $9 million contract for 2011. If nobody claims him, he'll be free to sign with anybody.

The Bears, who traded Orton to Denver in the 2009 trade that brought Jay Cutler back to Chicago, plan to put in a waiver claim to facilitate a potential reunion, sources familiar with the situation told ESPNChicago.com. The Bears are 30th in the waiver order.

The Denver Post reported that Orton, 29, and his agent David Dunn helped to facilitate the quarterback's release by requesting it after they learned of Cutler's thumb injury. Cutler will have surgery on Wednesday, according to a sources familiar with the situation, and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season.

Cutler broke the thumb on his right throwing hand last weekend and might miss the rest of the regular season. His backup is Caleb Hanie. The Bears visit the Broncos on Dec. 11.

Another intriguing possibility is the Houston Texans, who lost quarterback Matt Schaub for the rest of the season with a foot injury. He's been replaced by previously underachieving Matt Leinart.

The Texans are 25th in the waiver order, so they could pick up Orton before the Bears have a chance.

The Bears, who traded Orton to Denver in the 2009 trade that brought Jay Cutler back to Chicago, plan to put in a waiver claim to facilitate a potential reunion, sources familiar with the situation told ESPNChicago.com.

Fuck. That.

Well, I'm not sure how partying with chicks and getting drunk at the bar while in college makes one a "douche."

But, I do dislike the dude, and don't want him anywhere near my football team.

My best friend Jay can't come back soon enough. Son of a fucking bitch.

Fuck. That.

i just don't understand the move. Heine gave the Bears their only fighting chance in the NFCCG last season. yeah, he's not great, but he at least knows the offense. again, this move really makes me wonder if the Bears are confident that Jay Cutler will be able to return at all this season. i just don't see how Orton, who has never played in the Mike Martz offense, would be any sort of upgrade over Heine.

The line right now seems to be that they will wait until the thumb surgery is over and make an assessment then.

Who knows, the surgery could do wonders for him and he'll be back in 4 to 6 weeks. He could also be out well beyond that. Nobody really knows yet.

He's actually having the surgery as we speak, this morning, in Colorado. I've been thinking about him all morning. Good luck, Jay. Fuck 'em all.

Well, I'm not sure how partying with chicks and getting drunk at the bar while in college makes one a "douche."

It's not the action itself so much as the fact that he looks completely pathetic in every pic. I feel like I would be more at ease after photoshopping in a 53 year old guy with a ponytail, receding hairline and comically oversized Hawaiian shirt.

i just don't see how Orton, who has never played in the Mike Martz offense, would be any sort of upgrade over Heine.

Exactly. At first, I was thinking, "Well, I guess that makes sense." Until I realized that Martz got there a year after Orton left.

Maybe they should give Kurt warner a call.

Wow is Suh an idiot or what? Detroit is classless. The way they play, I'll be happy if the Packers can come out of this game without any major injuries.

The Cowboys pretty much had the Redskins two weeks in a row. The Dolphins' redzone offense is a force.

I know there are 5 Weeks left, but at this point it's hard to imagine the road to Super Bowl not going through Green Bay.

mikal said:
Wow is Suh an idiot or what? Detroit is classless. The way they play, I'll be happy if the Packers can come out of this game without any major injuries.

I couldn't believe he did that. I liked the guy at first, but this collapse of his is insane.

PhilsFan said:
I have to admit, I found it fun to run up to a window, knock on it, shout "Discount Double Check," and then walk away.

I fucking love that commercial.

Every time Aaron Rodgers shows up on TV i scream out Raaaaawwwdgaaaaaazzzzz!

It may actually lead to the end of my marriage before it actually even begins.

GAF was wrong. Rex Grossman isn't anything special.

Why aren't we stacking the box?? The Seahawks have a hurt Tavaris Jackson starting.

My vote for least valuable player today goes to Steve Johnson. Two big opportunities blown on the final drive. This guy is garbage in the clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom