NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. There's already a QB who has more rings then Peyton Manning, has slightly worse raw numerical stats, plays in bad weather, has been saddled with less-than-stellar talent at the skill positions for most of his career, and isn't a rapist, and people argue about whether or not he's better.

I like Eli more than most people, but he isn't catching up to that guy or Peyton.

I'm not asking anyone to catch up to Peyton's stats.

Very few people compare dan marino to joe montana. Marino's stats blow Montana's away. All I'm asking is if there are two q's, regardless of what their last name is... one has good stats and multiple rings, one has one ring, great stats, but a history of choking.

Where do you inevitably rank each QB?

Tom Brady is the best quarterback in my adult life. Brady doesn't compare to Peyton in pure stats.

Football is the last sport where most everyone agrees that championships make your legacy. If that changes? Well... fuck sports then.

Tom Brady went down with a season-ending injury and New England went 11-5.

Peyton Manning went down with a season-ending injury and Indianapolis has not won a game.

Tom Brady has had the single best season I've seen in my life (and arguably ever). Tom Brady might perhaps be a better winner, but aside from that freak of nature season, Peyton Manning on the whole has been the best QB that I've witnessed purely as a QB.

I don't think that just because Tom Brady wins rings, he is automatically a better QB. I think God blessed us with Tim Tebow just to examine this point (in an extreme). If Tim Tebow were to go out there for the next 5 years and play like his current awful self but somehow continue to win and win and win, and win some rings... are you going to call him a better QB than Peyton Manning because he has more rings? Hell no. Maybe a better champion, but not a better QB. He's an awful QB.

If you happen to be watching the Packers today, look for me in the crowd. I'll be the drunk one. :)

LuckyNumber7 said:
Tom Brady has had the single best season I've seen in my life (and arguably ever). Tom Brady might perhaps be a better winner, but aside from that freak of nature season, Peyton Manning on the whole has been the best QB that I've witnessed purely as a QB.

I don't think that just because Tom Brady wins rings, he is automatically a better QB. I think God blessed us with Tim Tebow just to examine this point (in an extreme). If Tim Tebow were to go out there for the next 5 years and play like his current awful self but somehow continue to win and win and win, and win some rings... are you going to call him a better QB than Peyton Manning because he has more rings? Hell no. Maybe a better champion, but not a better QB. He's an awful QB.

But tom brady has great numbers, too.

If Eli has a great five year run coming up, and can win another title or two, and Peyton is more or less finished, I'd put Eli ahead of him in the end, but behind Brady.

Right now, obviously it's Peyton.

I think we're just about at the point where the Lions can quit talking their shit.

In other news, Buffalo's sooooo glad they shelled out all that cash for Fitzpatrick.

Matt Moore is proving to be an excellent stopgap for the future... it's a good thing they started Chad Henne at the beginning of the season. That guy is soooo gooood.

Matt Moore is proving to be an excellent stopgap for the future... it's a good thing they started Chad Henne at the beginning of the season. That guy is soooo gooood.

Meh, I think most of it has to do with the Dolphins' brutal early schedule (NE, Houston, at SD, at Jets, Tebus Christ).

Giants win 30-0.

Over/under on how many carries McCoy gets? I'm setting it at 14 and taking the under. Giants go up early and they just throw the rest of the game.

At least a 30% chance they end up having to go with Kafka.

Looking at the caliber of the teams they have ahead, Lions fans should be very grateful for this win. An 8-8 or 9-7 finish isn't out of the question. At this point, I see them beating the Vikings and Chargers, but that's about it.

238203480-16175554.jpg

interception51.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom