NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell. Did the NFL ban the QB sneak this season or something?

So I realize they Tebow is not a good passer, but you gotta admit that there's something magical there. Jesus definitely loves him.

This cat had me 3 points in a must win week where I can't play Vick. After that drive? 16.

Praise Him.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Tim Tebow has been given the gift of making an entire nation forget the past 55 minutes or so.

According to reports, Jesus had this gift as well.

LUNEDEMINUIT said:
So, what the Lions have done that the other 4 teams haven't againts him?

It wasn't what the lions did, it was what the broncos did.

In that game, they tried to use Tim 3:16 as a real qb. That's why he got crushed.

In the other games, they let him run the spread and focus on the run

i have to believe that this is a temporary thing... much like the wildcat, much like a guy like michael vick... eventually the NFL figures out how to defend the oddity.

i'm all for quarterbacks who don't fit the ideal mold of the 6'5" alpha male quarterback with the laser rocket arm...

pm2.jpg

...but yea... don't see any way that tebow can keep this up long term, beyond this year.

Keep it up? We already saw what would happen if Tim Tebow played a good team. Tebow single handedly gave up two touchdowns versus Detroit and fumbled a total of 3 times on 7 sacks. Not only was he contributing to getting shat on, but his defense was also not there to save his ass, nor could he keep up with the pace of Detroit's offense.

I'd say it just boils down to the fact that Tebow's style of play can only beat bad teams. Maybe the days of that are numbered, too.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Keep it up? We already saw what would happen if Tim Tebow played a good team. Tebow single handedly gave up two touchdowns versus Detroit and fumbled a total of 3 times on 7 sacks. Not only was he contributing to getting shat on, but his defense was also not there to save his ass, nor could he keep up with the pace of Detroit's offense.

I'd say it just boils down to the fact that Tebow's style of play can only beat bad teams. Maybe the days of that are numbered, too.

Firstly, the lions aren't a good team.

Secondly... the lions aren't a good team.

So a QB with many 4,000 yard seasons and multiple rings will be worth less than a QB with many 4,500 yard seasons, one ring, and a history of choking in big spots?

Okay.

Again... I'm not talking right now.

If Eli can also become an 11 time Pro Bowl QB (1), a 4 time MVP (0), a 6 time player of the year (0), a 5 time first team all pro QB (0), and become the youngest QB to achieve 50,000 passing yards and 4,000 completions, finish with a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, and finish his NFL career with a QB rating of 95 (81.6), finish his career at least on pace to being top 5 in most NFL QB statistics, and then win a ring more than Peyton, I'd consider it.

That's asking a hell of a lot. I don't think you're being fair enough to Peyton Manning's greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom