NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles suck. I would never claim to have predicted they'd be this bad, but I am not at all surprised. They built a defense that is only built to rush the passer and cannot stop the run or make a tackle. They built an offense around a fragile flag football player with a strong arm but no accuracy or awareness. They built a coaching staff around a guy who is so stubborn that he won't use his best player simply because the fans and media say he should use him.

And this isn't even the most depressing football program I root for. Everything is terrible.

Hell, he's better than Caleb Hanie. There's absolutely no denying that.

And his fat ass will sit the very INSTANT that Jay thinks he can throw a football 100% again.

Perhaps in Philly.

Chicago has a strong, veteran locker room and a head coach that has each of his players' full respect, and I highly doubt that one dude signed for a four week band-aid would cause the thing to crumble.

The Bears have an easy schedule remaining (they should go 4-1) and almost assuredly can lock up a Wild Card spot with Hanie at the helm. The McNabb move just seems unnecessary to me.

Right, I'm not super excited about it or anything, and I agree we can still make the playoffs with Hanie, but I don't see the potential damage in grabbing an upgrade at QB for a month or so.

And it seems the Texans might be interested, too, so I really have no idea what the chances are of us getting him.

The way the Cutler story is being pitched today, I really don't see him coming back this year...

No, I live downtown and have the same cable package I have at home. At home I get the NFL Network, but I do not here for reasons I do not quite understand.

Oh, would I ever be pissed if I had Seahawks -17.5 tonight.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
iron yuppie and i were the only ones to pick Seattle :hi5:
I was gonna change my pick but chickened out.

PhilsFan said:
No, I live downtown and have the same cable package I have at home. At home I get the NFL Network, but I do not here for reasons I do not quite understand.

That is strange...

My pick was more of 'the Seahawks suck'. Guess I didn't take in the fact that the Eagles are apparently a whole lot worse (and injured).

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

watching Young every time he dropped back to pass I expected a pick. 4 INTs sounds pretty bad, but there were even more passes defended where the CB was just a step away from being in position.

Tarvaris is generally unimpressive at best, but tonight he hit his marks and didn't make any real mistakes. As long as there's a Lynch figure to carry the weight for him, he's....well, he's ok.

The seats I got were in the Qwest lower bowl and were pretty nice, but compared to the seats directly above at the front of the upper bowl that I've seen Sounders games at, it wasn't worth the extra dime. A lot of the price (I'm assuming) is amenities like indoor cafes, fancier bathrooms (no pee troughs!) and the such that I think 30 and 40 year olds with disposable income would get a lot more out of than I.

the eagles blew their load against the giants... they were able to get themselves up for that game because, well, they were the giants. they're done... toast. reid is as good as gone.

speaking of the giants... i'm pretty much expecting one of two things to happen this weekend.

1) the giants, embarrassed by last week's pathetic performance, rally to save the season, put together a great game and beat the packers.

2) the giants have completely given up on the season, much like philly has, and get utterly blown and end the season, and coughlin's time as giants coach, reeling to a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

i don't think there's any middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom