NFL 2011, Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike+Kafka+SKdLjqdFYgDm.jpg

i just can't wait for the defenses to start catching up. after yesterday's Packers game, i was really concerned about their defense only to see that almost every defense still looks pretty bad.

i don't see any way that vick survives the season.

it will be interesting to see if he plays this week. if the NFL is serious about concussions now then they can't send a guy who plays the way he plays out there again a week later, against a team that the lone thing they can still do well at this point (we'll see how tonight goes) is hit the quarterback.

if the giants win tonight, i'm thinking vick isn't ruled out for next sunday, forcing the giants to prepare for him, and then ultimately doesn't play sunday, and perhaps the week after that.

if the giants lose, then i don't think philly cares as much and simply rules him out early in the week.

St. Louis seems to have come down with a bad case of the Chargers tonight.

Giants really shouldn't be blitzing with their gimpy secondary and elite defensive line.

i'm glad they're cracking down on fake injuries. the Packers' no huddle offense is lethal. the last think i want to see is opposing defenses facking injuries to change personel.

probably the only way to truly enforce it is to change the rules regarding player injuries. i think one solution is to make a rule where for example, if a LB goes out with an injury, then he can only be replaced by another LB until the possession is over or until the injured player is able to return. this would prevent teams from faking injuries and replacing a LB with a DB because the offense went into no huddle and their personel doesn't match.

probably the only way to truly enforce it is to change the rules regarding player injuries. i think one solution is to make a rule where for example, if a LB goes out with an injury, then he can only be replaced by another LB until the possession is over or until the injured player is able to return. this would prevent teams from faking injuries and replacing a LB with a DB because the offense went into no huddle and their personel doesn't match.

The defense could just pull out a second LB if they want to get an extra DB on (which they often will have wanted to do anyway).

Furthermore, it does legitimately happen that a player gets hurt but is okay to come in later in the drive.

The only reasonable rules the NFL could enact would simply result in teams/players being more subtle about faking injuries.

teams fake injuries all the time. your team does, too (you being everyone else). they just try to do it a tad less obnoxiously obvious than what the two giants pulled on monday night.

if the ball has already been spotted when a player goes down, then the team should be forced to take a timeout. that won't stop players from faking injuries, but it'll at least stop what we saw monday from happening again.

Hahahaha fuck yeah, Bills!

Still gonna keep on watching Texans/Saints though. This is a superb game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom