NFL 2011, Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darrelle Revis is getting pwned by Dez Bryant pretty hard.

On 3rd-and-25 from midfield, chucking it up to Dez has to be better than a lameo screen pass.

I know they don't have Manning, but that was a pathetic performance by the Colts.

Let me throw this out there: Patriots lose Brady a few years ago and almost make the playoffs. Colts lose Manning and may go for that record that the Lions set a few years ago.

Far from perfect logic, but, I think it could potentially show that 1) the Patriots system is truly an amazing system (unlike the Colts system that others have been comparing to the Patriots for the last few years) and, 2) Manning is that good.

Both offensive lines look terrible tonight. The fact that Dallas' is awful doesn't surprise me, but the Jets really are. They need to start throwing slants, and generally switching to three step drops.

Let me throw this out there: Patriots lose Brady a few years ago and almost make the playoffs. Colts lose Manning and may go for that record that the Lions set a few years ago.

Far from perfect logic, but, I think it could potentially show that 1) the Patriots system is truly an amazing system (unlike the Colts system that others have been comparing to the Patriots for the last few years) and, 2) Manning is that good.

To be fair, Matt Cassel had some really terrible starts in 2008 (against Miami and SD), then eventually developed into a decent QB.

Actually, this mostly goes to show how little sense starting Kerry Collins made. Everyone knows Collins is terrible, so what have the Colts to lose by throwing Curtis Painter out there and seeing if he can get it together?

After 1 week we're convinced the Colts are going 0fer??
They play the Jags and Titans twice each...they'll end up with 5 or 6 wins.

I'd also add...

3) The Patriots do a far better job of developing their backup quarterbacks.

Romo has been in the league for years

how on earth is he still so terrible at holding/protecting the football? it also bugs me everytime a QB goes in headfirst rather then slides

edit
yay Sanchez!

After 1 week we're convinced the Colts are going 0fer??
They play the Jags and Titans twice each...they'll end up with 5 or 6 wins.

Indeed....but are the Texans THAT good?

To be fair, Matt Cassel had some really terrible starts in 2008 (against Miami and SD), then eventually developed into a decent QB.

...in the system. He hasn't been "as advertised" in KC.

I'd also add...

3) The Patriots do a far better job of developing their backup quarterbacks.

see above. I think it is all about Belichick.

tweedle herp and tweedle derp running their teams' offenses well

holy shit a Jets player just ran right up the middle untouched to block that punt.

That was some awful "tackle" by Bryant (injured or not). Gave Revis an extra 15 yards.

rex4.jpg

yeah, if Jets hadn't called TO that could have been the last play of the game

How many new kinds of fail did Romo invent just during this quarter?

One game and we're already seeing Romo caught off guard by snaps? Awesome.

That was a "great" game.

Also, history was made tonight: the first time the Cowboys have lost a game when leading by at least 14 in the 4th quarter.

So Romo fumbles at the 1, and then when he still has a chance to win the game, throws an inexcusable interception to Revis. I don't even know what he was thinking there. The snap isn't on him, obviously, but just makes it that much worse.

Romo is just a walking fail. He finds new and unusual ways to lose. Though leaving Joe McKnight unblocked really wasn't his fault. I was very happy to see McKnight make a big play, he's a Trojan. Mark Sanchez continues to be schizo. He really could be a great player, but he just sometimes makes awful decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom