NFL 2011, Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want my quarterback to be accurate. I don't give a shit if he can throw it out of the stadium or run a 4.1. I just want him to throw the football where he's trying to throw it.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Seems like his approach fizzles out after a season or two, unless his offense is stacked with talent. He made Detroit look a lot better than they were for a while in 07, but that didn't last very long.

The Bears 13 rushing yards was their lowest since 1952, and 11 of those were by Cutler toward the end of the game. At least they weren't a bad a James Starks - what happened there?

Grant was a beast today. Starks had his first bad game as a pro. He'll follow it up strong.

Dev Hes and John Knox just dicked the living fuck out of the entire Packers special teams, and a flag is thrown for absolutely no reason?

Suck my cock, NFL.

Nobody?

One of the greatest dick in the face plays I've ever seen, followed by one of the most inexplicable flags I've ever seen?

Let's go.

I'll go to fucking war for this shit.

It was a makeup call for last year's bs pass interference call on Morgan Burnett. Lol

Really though, who knows? I didn't see it on tv, but that doesn't mean that a hold didn't happen. I think the big confusion was regarding who it was on. But it could have easily happened on the other sideline as a Packers player was attempting to chase Knox down.

Nobody?

One of the greatest dick in the face plays I've ever seen, followed by one of the most inexplicable flags I've ever seen?

Let's go.

Nobody had either of them on their fantasy teams evidently.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
All I needed was average games from my top two running backs and I would have won in fantasy this week by a comfortable margin. Instead I lose by 2 points cause turner and mendenhall put up a combined 5 spot.

Balls.

I thought Turner was going to screw me, but then Mendenhall being the opposing RB turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Dez Bryant has to put up 34 points for me to lose. Holy shit, I started this season 3-0. Hooray meaningless FF team.

Grant was a beast today. Starks had his first bad game as a pro. He'll follow it up strong.

Yeah, Grant was a nice surprise. He just seemed to do a better job of finding the holes, which Starks couldn't at all. Grant just never looks very explosive, but he sure got it done yesterday. It's nice we finally have a couple of different running styles to work with.

Let's go.

majkowski.jpg

Just . . . so difficult . . . to see what happened.

Hey GAF, here's a quote by Corey Graham, who was called for holding on the fake punt return. :)

"It's unfortunate that something we worked so hard on would be called back because of a play by me," he said. "It was maybe 30, 40 yards away from the play. It wasn't blatant but it was just a bad play by me. I should have just let him go, just don't even touch him. He had nothing to do with the play."

I'm wondering if some of the refs were confused. I didn't know what the hell was going on.

I love how after Hester didn't catch the ball, the Packers players around him just kinda hung around for a bit like "Hey . . . sup?"

There's a part of me that almost wanted them to get away with it, just to see McCarthy clothesline Slocum on live TV.

Hey GAF, here's a quote by Corey Graham, who was called for holding on the fake punt return. :)

"It's unfortunate that something we worked so hard on would be called back because of a play by me," he said. "It was maybe 30, 40 yards away from the play. It wasn't blatant but it was just a bad play by me. I should have just let him go, just don't even touch him. He had nothing to do with the play."

Well, of course he's going to take the blame. Someone has to. The coaches probably told him to say that. He/they don't want to get some big fine for talking shit about NFL officials.

Nothing changes the fact that that was easily the coolest play of the 2011 NFL season so far, by anybody, that your squad got embarrassed on the play, and that it was worth taking a loss just to be able to see that play and to see the looks on the faces of your pathetic special teams players. Your punter will be picking pieces of Johnny Knox's ass out of his teeth for weeks.

Haha.

I think I'm gonna go with a Hester avatar. Not really feeling this War one. Even though I think it's an awesome album cover.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Well, of course he's going to take the blame. Someone has to. The coaches probably told him to say that. He/they don't want to get some big fine for talking shit about NFL officials.

Nothing changes the fact that that was easily the coolest play of the 2011 NFL season so far, by anybody, that your squad got embarrassed on the play, and that it was worth taking a loss just to be able to see that play and to see the looks on the faces of your pathetic special teams players. Your punter will be picking pieces of Johnny Knox's ass out of his teeth for weeks.

Hey that's fine with me. I guess I'll have to settle for:

- Undefeated
- top QB
- being defending champs
- having an even better team than the one that just won the superbowl
- not having Cutler at QB
- Beating the Bears 3 straight times

Man you have it good though. :)

"I know one thing about these guys," Henne said, "they're not going to stop quitting."

~ Slip of the tongue from Dolphin Quarterback Chad Henne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom