NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian Orakpo just strip-sacked Manning, so that Cowboys tackle who committed the walk-off holding penalty against him can feel a little better.

For once, Peef called it. Fucking McNabb, man. The receiver was wide open for about, um, 30 yards, so you shoot for 40? Interesting.

We don't deserve the #1 spot in the NFC East anyway, but hey, we're better than last year. Baby steps to the wildcard.

Can't believe how hard the Colts tried to give away this game. McNabb certainly delivered on the last two drives though.

Collinsworth claimed we weren't doing quite enough in the takeaway department. I'm not sure if that's more damning of our defense or the Colts' attempt to give the game away.

Why not go to a bar that has DirecTV and watch there, knowing this was going to be the case? I mean, it sucks that Cablevision and Fox refused to work out a temporary cease fire for today, but, still......

So, was this everywhere, because neither Chicago nor South Bend's Fox stations had a game on this morning.

I really fucking hate NFL overtime. :sigh:

No, not everywhere.

The Bears game was not on at noon today in your area????

Ok wait, I apparently have it wrong.

Chicago CBS did not air a game this afternoon and I flew off the handle because I thought they were being that shitty and not airing the Packer's game, but then I found it on the CBS affiliate. If there was a game on Chicago CBS today, then Comcast must just have had the info wrong because I didn't bother checking once I found it on the other.

Chicago CBS did not air a game this afternoon and I flew off the handle because I thought they were being that shitty and not airing the Packer's game, but then I found it on the CBS affiliate. .

The visiting team determines which network covers an interconference game, so twice a year the Pack would be on CBS, when hosting an AFC team as was the case yesterday.
CBS and Fox alternate which network is the "doubleheader" network each week. You can tell who has that right based on which games are at 4:05 and which are at 4:15, this week Fix had the national doubleheader right, airing Dallas at Minn at 4:15 (they made the schedule when both were 0-0 :wink:), the other 2 late games were both CBS games, Jets at Denver and Oak at SF, and are shown only regionally, on affiliates of the participating teams.

I use "we" when referring to the sports teams I root for, all the time. Just feels more natural.

But I see what you did there.

I hope Chris Johnson runs for 300 yards tonight against Jacksonville.

The visiting team determines which network covers an interconference game, so twice a year the Pack would be on CBS, when hosting an AFC team as was the case yesterday.
CBS and Fox alternate which network is the "doubleheader" network each week. You can tell who has that right based on which games are at 4:05 and which are at 4:15, this week Fix had the national doubleheader right, airing Dallas at Minn at 4:15 (they made the schedule when both were 0-0 :wink:), the other 2 late games were both CBS games, Jets at Denver and Oak at SF, and are shown only regionally, on affiliates of the participating teams.

What I'm trying to say is, I have access to two CBS, FOX and NBC channels because I live within range of two larger cities. Channel 22 (the South Bend CBS) was airing the Packers game, Channel 2 (The Chicago CBS) was airing like infomercials or something.

For the afternoon though, that was the first time I had a game on both CBS and Fox, so maybe it was Comcast fucking up with the menu info.

These men sign contracts to become professional bloodthirsty animals. They've been taught their whole lives to go and kill the man with the ball.

What the fuck is this suspension for hits bullshit? What is this day o' rest shit? Might as well abolish the whole league and eliminate the history of the sport from the record books. Pussies.

What is this day o' rest shit?

jesus_pederass_lebowski_lg.jpg

Me and Liam, we're gonna fuck you up.

Sure it's dangerous. The very nature of the sport is dangerous.

What do you want these animals to lead with? Their dick? The instinctual move sometimes is to lead with the head. You're not going to be able to rewire these guys instincts.

I'm partially playing devil's advocate here because I'm a bit bored waiting for this CLIFFORD VS. YANKEES game and wouldn't mind some conversation on the subject.

Also, good work on the pic, because that's the exact moment when he says the day o' rest line.

These men sign contracts to become professional bloodthirsty animals. They've been taught their whole lives to go and kill the man with the ball.

What the fuck is this suspension for hits bullshit? What is this day o' rest shit? Might as well abolish the whole league and eliminate the history of the sport from the record books. Pussies.

Strongly disagree with this.

Kill shots are not only bad for the players' health and for the long-term value of the NFL, they're also often bad football. Brandon Meriweather drives me nuts every time he whiffs on a tackle because he's trying to deliver a highlight-reel hit. Just wrap the guy up and/or try to rip the ball out.

Sure it's dangerous. The very nature of the sport is dangerous.

What do you want these animals to lead with? Their dick? The instinctual move sometimes is to lead with the head. You're not going to be able to rewire these guys instincts.

I'm partially playing devil's advocate here because I'm a bit bored waiting for this CLIFFORD VS. YANKEES game and wouldn't mind some conversation on the subject.

Also, good work on the pic, because that's the exact moment when he says the day o' rest line.
You do know it's bad tackling form to go with the head right? It'd be better for everyone except Sportscenter's Top Ten for them not to lead with the head.

Yeah, I know. Just felt like typing in the NFL thread. And then I made a dumb comment to our friend speedracer. I feel like Chuck Cecil.

Go Bears.

Chris Johnson is a pimp, but I'm not going to watch his game when there are MLB playoffs on a different channel. Sorry, Chris.

there needs to be a distinct definition that leads to suspension... the meriweather hit on heap? dirty... should be a hit that gets someone suspended.

dunta robinson's hit on deshaun jackson? 100% clean and legal... yet also devastating. would robinson get suspended for that hit? he shouldn't be. that's football. if players start getting suspended for hits like that then every offensive record on the books is going to be shattered over the next few years.

it has to be defined. if you want to suspend guys for purposely going after a guy's head, for leaving their feet and launching through the air like a missle at a guy's head? fine. but just for big hits? can't do that.

although this does hurt the jets big time... so there's that, which is nice.

he lead with his shoulder. last i checked, the head is attached with the shoulder. they're sorta close together, last time i checked. if you lead with your shoulder, sometimes you're gonna miss.

not that i go on what stupid talking heads say, but every analyst on every network seem to all be in agreement that it wasn't a dirty hit, just a massive hit.

if that hit's not legal than all those european's and australians who talk about how american football is for pansies are right.

this is a violent sport. it always has been. people have been paralyzed before. we didn't change every rule then, we shouldn't change every rule now.

If anything, he led with his head and slightly missed by only partially getting him with it. The way he puts his head down is something I've only seen with people going at it with the head. I think it was a much dirtier hit than people have been saying on television.

I'm not going to really comment on the violence and the legality, all I'm saying is that the Robinson hit was dirtier than people have been saying. He tried to go with the head, and both are lucky he only somewhat got him with it.

agree to disagree.

put your shoulder down at an angle to hit somebody in the chest without your head dipping down as well. go ahead... give it a shot. if you can pull it off, i've got a lucrative job as a circus freak i could hook you up with.
I'm not saying the head wouldn't come with. I'm saying from looking at it, I think he was trying to go with the head, not with the shoulder. We're simply disagreeing on intent, not physics.

and that's why they need to strictly define this... because any time you lead with your shoulder, you're going to also lead with your head.

at some point somebody will be suspended for a hit that he shouldn't be suspended for in a big spot, or somebody won't be suspended for a big hit that he should have been suspended for in a big spot, and that will lead to the competition committee setting a strict definition of the rule in the off season. you can pretty much count on that happening... what i don't understand is why they don't just avoid this inevitability and define it now.

NFL Network analysts rip Dunta Robinson fine

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 20, 2010 9:42 AM ET
The NFL has docked Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson's paycheck by $50,000 for his brutal hit on Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson on Sunday. But some former players who get paychecks from the NFL to analyze the game say it was the league office -- not Robinson -- who did something wrong.

NFL Network analysts Mike Mayock, Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe all agreed that Robinson's hit was legal and said the league is going too far by fining Robinson in a segment analyzing helmet-to-helmet hits.

"It's legal -- that's part of the game of football right there, and that shot should not be penalized, nor should it be fined," Mayock said as video of Robinson's hit was shown.

Added Wilcots, "He leads with the shoulder, but not to the head area -- he goes to the chest of DeSean Jackson."

Mayock also chimed in on a personal foul that was called on Jets safety Jim Leonhard for a hit on Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd. Mayock said Leonhard went shoulder-to-shoulder and that the 15-yard penalty was a bad call by the official.

"Not even close," Mayock said. "There is absolutely no infraction here. In my opinion it shouldn't have even been penalized."

Sharpe said he thinks the NFL is fundamentally changing the way defensive players will approach the game.

"The days of the defense imposing its will on you?" Sharpe said. "Those days are over."

I'm waiting for the justice system to take Michael Vick back so the Eagles can actually have a chance. He already tried killing a guy this summer, hopefully they can get him for something else and Kolb can take the reins.

Back
Top Bottom