NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As many flaws as there are with the salary cap, I'd hate to see it lifted. I don't want to see the NFL turn into the steaming pile of crap that Major League Baseball has become.

yea... i really pine for the glory days of baseball back in the 20's when the yankees didn't dominate the sport with their unrivaled resources.

no, i hate the yankees. i'm just stating that baseball has been run the same way for it's entire history, and this isn't a recent phenomenon.

in fact, not counting hockey which changed to a cap system just recently, a look at the three major sport leagues and their championships...

has a salary cap
nfl - last 10 super bowls
7 different champions, 14 different participants

nba - last 10 NBA finals
5 different champions, 10 different participants

doesn't have a salary cap
mlb - last 10 world series'
8 different champions, 14 different participants

I love basketball but can't be bothered with pro because the NBA is such a trainwreck. And because I'm not a Celtics/Lakers fan.

In all fairness, I'm a bit biased against MLB too . . . my team is Milwaukee. They're a small market team that, while probably better off than they were 10 -15 years ago, still routinely struggles to compete (i.e. our ass ain't ever seeing a World Series). We can't keep star players for more than a few years (Fielder basically has one foot out the door). The players were are able to sign and keep tend to underperform. Often, our greatest satisfaction is watching our rivals (notably Chicago) with significantly more cash find ways to suck harder than the Crew.

Hahahaha everyone just walked on by. Things have gotten really bad up there.

I don't know who the league's best QB is anymore. Drew Brees is obviously awesome, but Brett Favre has a football in the groin, which works on so many levels.

The worst may not be over: they play the Cowboys next week. What happens when two Eeyores face off?

:crack:

Edit: that face was original aimed at the poor embedding :wink:. But now...it still stands...:crack:

Yeah, I couldn't quite get how embed it and was too lazy to figure it out.

Great vid in itself, but the timing couldn't be more perfect. It is hilarious that no one seems to give a shit.

That's kinda close to my ranking, except I was never able to really get into college football. Sloppy blocking, wobbly passes and lopsided 62-10 scores never really did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom