NFL 2010 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disgusted.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times. The giants would be the best team in football if not for two things... silly turnovers and matt dodge.

Manningham's fumble gave a dead team life and negated a drive that could very well have clinched a first round bye. The game never should have come down to that punt.

But it did... and if jeff feagles was still alive, that game would have at least gone to OT.

Absolutely disgusted. All I can do is tip my hat and call the eagles my daddies.

Im an Oakland Raiders fan - Im smiling from ear to ear to be .500 at this point in the season. Thats an accomplishment from the past 8 or so years of misery. Darren Mcfadden is going to be a hell of a player. Need some help at wide receiver and need to draft a QB again at some point. Jamarcus Russell really set the franchise back about 5 years. I would say Al Davis should hand it over at some point. He had a really good draft this year with the defense but you cant walk dude its time to hang it up.

Im an Oakland Raiders fan - Im smiling from ear to ear to be .500 at this point in the season. Thats an accomplishment from the past 8 or so years of misery. Darren Mcfadden is going to be a hell of a player. Need some help at wide receiver and need to draft a QB again at some point. Jamarcus Russell really set the franchise back about 5 years. I would say Al Davis should hand it over at some point. He had a really good draft this year with the defense but you cant walk dude its time to hang it up.

considering the raiders beating the chiefs in week 17 could conceivably knock the jets out of the playoffs and make those insufferable shits as miserable as giant fans are today... go raiders!

Unfortunately I think the Jets will get in now. I was really hoping the Steelers would take care of them yesterday.

I think the Chiefs will win their final two games, both at home, and take the AFC West. Even if the Jets lose their next two games, they'd still own the tiebreaker between the Jags and Chargers.

Although having the Chargers miss would be nice...

49ers will find a way to keep losing. Singletary is not a good coach, and the team is not good at making adjustments.

If they start out playing well, they usually play well the whole game. If they come out flat, they never recover.

Right now i hope they keep losing to better draft position

The NFL Network is reporting that Brett Favre has been upgraded from out to questionable. First off, how is that legal? I have never seen that before. Second, what a d-bag thing to pull. That Joe Webb fellow probably brought in family to watch his first start but Favre has to create more drama. :down:

Unfortunately I think the Jets will get in now. I was really hoping the Steelers would take care of them yesterday.

I think the Chiefs will win their final two games, both at home, and take the AFC West. Even if the Jets lose their next two games, they'd still own the tiebreaker between the Jags and Chargers.

Although having the Chargers miss would be nice...

yea i was sorta bummed when i heard polomalalaladingdong wasn't playing... they just aren't the same defense without him back there reeking havoc.

damn stupid jets score 9 points in the last two games and they have to go on the road in horrible weather and score 22 pts. and the stupid steelers D can't get any sacks or turnovers or anything!

another reason to hate that smelly city.

The NFL Network is reporting that Brett Favre has been upgraded from out to questionable. First off, how is that legal? I have never seen that before. Second, what a d-bag thing to pull. That Joe Webb fellow probably brought in family to watch his first start but Favre has to create more drama. :down:

Probably has more to do with him being available in an emergency than anything else. There's no way he'd play on that frozen surface with that ailing shoulder, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I was just listening to a radio report, and it is perfectly legal to upgrade him. Not sure how it is, but it is. Something about "legitimate reasoning" to upgrade a player on game day.

And they have to announce if Favre is active by 6 pm central time. So about 3 hours from now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he plays.

snowing buckets in the Twin Cities all day today (though nothing like last week to shut the world down)....tonight is going to be a crazy game. Frozen field and tons of snow.

Probably has more to do with him being available in an emergency than anything else. There's no way he'd play on that frozen surface with that ailing shoulder, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I know which makes it more annoying.

I was just listening to a radio report, and it is perfectly legal to upgrade him. Not sure how it is, but it is. Something about "legitimate reasoning" to upgrade a player on game day.

And they have to announce if Favre is active by 6 pm central time. So about 3 hours from now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he plays.

Huh. I am surprised more teams don't do this for strategic purposes then.

Screwtape2 said:
I know which makes it more annoying.

Huh. I am surprised more teams don't do this for strategic purposes then.

They would be fined heavily if it were ever proven. Teams play with the injury list all the time by putting players who aren't really injured on the list for every little bump and bruise. The pats are notorious for this. But if teams started doing last second activations after saying the player wouldn't play all week, ole rog will really drop the hammer on em.

I am disgusted.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times. The giants would be the best team in football if not for two things... silly turnovers and matt dodge.

Manningham's fumble gave a dead team life and negated a drive that could very well have clinched a first round bye. The game never should have come down to that punt.

But it did... and if jeff feagles was still alive, that game would have at least gone to OT.

Absolutely disgusted. All I can do is tip my hat and call the eagles my daddies.
The Eagles had no business winning that game. Three bad turnovers (one of them, Jackson's, not actually being a turnover) and two pocketed challenges that would have absolutely been overturned, plus Mike Vick's three quarter long McNabb impression and the satanically poor play of Dimitri Patterson, football's worst cornerback. Even once the comeback began, it required a perfectly executed onside kick by the ageless David Akers, a huge false start penalty against the Giants that forced a punt in Eagles territory, and a rookie punter kicking a line drive at arguably the most dangerous player in football.

As Andy Reid so eloquently put it, it's a good day to be a Philadelphia writer.

They would be fined heavily if it were ever proven. Teams play with the injury list all the time by putting players who aren't really injured on the list for every little bump and bruise. The pats are notorious for this. But if teams started doing last second activations after saying the player wouldn't play all week, ole rog will really drop the hammer on em.
Brian Westbrook spent every game (or thereabouts) of his last six years with the Eagles listed as questionable, usually for legitimate reasons. He'd randomly miss a game every five weeks or so.

i'm getting just a tiny bit over the players complaining about the field being hard.

have they played football during really dry months? have they played in a wintry buffalo or kansas city?

it's much colder here than Kansas City of Buffalo....we've had snow on the ground and freezing temps for at least 5 weeks.

PhilsFan said:
The Eagles had no business winning that game. Three bad turnovers (one of them, Jackson's, not actually being a turnover) and two pocketed challenges that would have absolutely been overturned, plus Mike Vick's three quarter long McNabb impression and the satanically poor play of Dimitri Patterson, football's worst cornerback. Even once the comeback began, it required a perfectly executed onside kick by the ageless David Akers, a huge false start penalty against the Giants that forced a punt in Eagles territory, and a rookie punter kicking a line drive at arguably the most dangerous player in football.

As Andy Reid so eloquently put it, it's a good day to be a Philadelphia writer.

Not to mention reid used his three time outs WAY too early in that 2nd half, leaving him with no timeouts and no ability to challenge a play from the 4 minute mark on. Which only made reid look stupider for not challenging that fumble.

The only good thing to take from that game is that its not a playoff game, and the giants still control their own destiny. If that was a playoff game you wouldn't see me for months.

To beat the dead horse one more time... the giants are as good as anyone in football, with two huge problems... silly turnovers, matt dodge.

you know that scene in t2 where the t1000 gets stuck in the liquid nitrogen and then explodes into a thousand frozen pieces when ahnuld shoots him.

i really think that's going to happen to someone tonight

it's much colder here than Kansas City of Buffalo....we've had snow on the ground and freezing temps for at least 5 weeks.

that's fair enough, but in general i'm sure buffalo has had snow on the ground for an extended period at some point recentlyish.

The issue is that the outdoor nfl cold weather stadiums have some sort of heating system built into the field to keep the ground from becoming a block of ice. The university of Minnesota has no such system.

true, but...shit, it's as though they don't play an outdoor winter sport. i only really went off because the vikings punter was complaining.

i mean, jesus. if there's one guy on the team who doesn't need to worry about coming into contact with the turf.

that's fair enough, but in general i'm sure buffalo has had snow on the ground for an extended period at some point recentlyish.

true, but...shit, it's as though they don't play an outdoor winter sport. i only really went off because the vikings punter was complaining.

i mean, jesus. if there's one guy on the team who doesn't need to worry about coming into contact with the turf.

right but those outdoor stadiums would have the ability to heat the field. As Headache said, the U of M doesn't have that type of system because it's not needed. The Gophers last game at the Bank was within the last month (end of Nov) so a heating system wasn't put in because they don't play through the end of January like the NFL does. It's not colder here than it is in a place like Green Bay but their field is heated. However, the field has had a heating blanket looking thing on it for days now and one of the higher ups that works for the stadium said the field is no harder or colder than it was for the Gophers last month due to this blanket. So guess we'll just have to wait for kickoff to see how big of an issue it's really going to be.

And while I agree with you about the punter, it's not just him that's complaining but that seems to be the only one that's making anything but the local news.

right but those outdoor stadiums would have the ability to heat the field. As Headache said, the U of M doesn't have that type of system because it's not needed.

true, but buffalo and kansas city have apparently been documented as not having the heating systems. i've seen it in multiple reports, so damn it if it's not true i'm not wrong!

but yeah, i have no issues with tcf not having it. rather pointless expense given it was left to become a winter wonderland some time ago.

also re: who was complaining, i have to problem with most of the players complaining, but the punter was the straw that broke the camel's back.

true, but buffalo and kansas city have apparently been documented as not having the heating systems. i've seen it in multiple reports, so damn it if it's not true i'm not wrong!

buffalo doesn't have one either

but it's buffalo and 4 doesn't play for them, so nobody cares

you know that scene in t2 where the t1000 gets stuck in the liquid nitrogen and then explodes into a thousand frozen pieces when ahnuld shoots him.

i really think that's going to happen to someone tonight

I like the guy, and think he's a hell of a talent, but I could see this happening to Percy Harvin, if anybody. Dude is a chandelier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom