NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i blame coaching. they've completely abandoned the run game, and both sides of the ball are paying for it. they've become one dimensional on offense and they lose the battle of time of possession, which is wearing out their defense. Forte needs to be giving at least 20 carries a game.

Maybe they're playing for a better draft pick....oh wait.

With the Vikings breathing down their necks, this is really an important game for the Saints.

But I think the Patriots have something to prove tonight. Outside of the London game, they haven't won on the road this year, and in several of their games, they've blown leads in the second half. On top of that, they really haven't beaten a high quality opponent yet this year - Atlanta and Baltimore come closest.

Losing the way they did to the Colts, it's probably the worst scenario for New Orleans.

41-31, Patriots.

i'm just hoping for a shootout. i need 58 points from Brees and Welker tonight. not impossible, but quite the stretch.

Yeah, I'm as excited for this game as I have been for any non-Bears game this year. Should be good. That Pats offense, when it's rolling, is a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

With the Vikings breathing down their necks, this is really an important game for the Saints.

But I think the Patriots have something to prove tonight. Outside of the London game, they haven't won on the road this year, and in several of their games, they've blown leads in the second half. On top of that, they really haven't beaten a high quality opponent yet this year - Atlanta and Baltimore come closest.

Losing the way they did to the Colts, it's probably the worst scenario for New Orleans.

41-31, Patriots.

A 10 point margin is exactly what I was going to predict.

Garrison vs. Impy continues to be the better football related Interference rivalry.

indeed

And you both root for Dallas. Who'd have thunk it?

several factors come into play here; location, location, location...we are both equal distances from Dallas. Austin to Arlington, Norman to Arlington. While Impy i believe is actually from DFW area i used to go there quite a bit and get rowdy (and sometimes in some trouble). I also have cousins in the area, and given Impy's age i was probably riding the rides at Six Flags before he was even born.

Also, we've both had our ex university players play for Dallas, and ironically two of them share the same name (yes thats Roy Williams). Impy hates my Roy Williams because back in college he used to beat the piss out of Chrissy Simms. And of course there is this:

YouTube - Roy Williams the play that made him superman

:D

I adore his Roy Williams though, because he is a model citizen and plus he never beat OU :sexywink:

Perhaps there are other similiarities that i have not listed, or maybe one day Mack Brown will coach the Cowboys like Barry Switzer. Who knows. Love the Cowboys though, one day when i have as much money as J.R. Ewing i will have my own box in JerryWorld.

I had a friend who had a class with Pierre Thomas and I saw him walking around campus a few times. I think that makes me some sort of super celebrity.

I had a friend who had a class with Pierre Thomas and I saw him walking around campus a few times. I think that makes me some sort of super celebrity.

I'm an acquaintance of four NBA refs, an NBA GM, and a top ten college basketball coach. Where's your celebrity now, GAF?

The day someone makes a drinking game based on the MNF broadcast is the day hospitals will be flooded with alcohol poisoning.

There's a fairly easy, slightly unethical solution here. It involves Gus and science. You do the math.

There's a fairly easy, slightly unethical solution here. It involves Gus and science. You do the math.

This guy, right here, he doesn't have to give you all the information of the reference he's about to make. When you're talking about some of the best posters on the Internet Explorer, you're going to talk about this guy. He makes a living off knowing people are going to get where he's going with this reference.

Wow, this is pretty rough to watch. It would be worse if I wasn't planning on rooting for the Saints throughout the NFC side of the playoffs, though.

I think it's quite clear that the Patriots will win the AFC East and be knocked out either in the Divisional Round or Championship Round.

The defense just isn't there yet, as everyone can see tonight.

The only thing tonight proved was that Belichick made the right decision two weeks ago in Indy. They can't stop Brees tonight, and they wouldn't have stopped Manning then.

It's painfully obvious.

The Saints pass D is very impressive -- they're effective when rushing only 3-4 and dropping back as well as when blitzing, and they mix it up very well.

As mentioned earlier, their run D is soft, but falling behind by 2-3 scores tends to render that moot.

I'd say you need to take your own advice, AnnRKey, but please don't play again or keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom