NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to god you're right.

But they'll have to do it in Minneapolis.

yeah. that's the only thing that sucks. it'll be funny if it happens. at Lambeau, when the Pack lost to the Vikes, i said to my friend, "we're still going to beat them this year."

the only teams that might be beating the vikings in the playoffs this year are the saints, the colts and the patriots.

and the Packers. :) actually, i think every team has a chance against the Vikings. just wait, they'll do their usual collapse. plus, Favre is their QB. they're not making the Super Bowl.

If the Vikes manage to get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, I can't imagine who could beat them. Saints, a fellow dome team? Possibly. Dallas? They would sooner beat themselves. Packers? We saw what happened last time.

Of course, right now it appears that the Saints have the upper hand, and I doubt they find a way past them on the road, so I'm not exactly locking up a Vikings/Colts Super Bowl here.

i don't think it matters where the Vikings are playing, they're going to choke. it's their destiny.

Yeah? Now I feel stupid for watching Indy/Houston instead. Had the Zorn v. Reid showdown on Fox, but I didn't go for it. Ugh.

At least I get to see VY for my late afternoon game. I definitely got a kick out of this coverage map:

2u91ifb.jpg

The Titans game is seen in Arizona, Tennessee, and............... Austin, Texas. Thank you, TV coverage map decider guy.

i don't think it matters where the Vikings are playing, they're going to choke. it's their destiny.

I couldn't agree more. They seem to be a bit of a mirage. Sure having just one loss is good but the combined records of the teams they have beaten is 28-57 (that's including Chicago today.) They remind me of last year's Titans.

I hate to pick the obvious regular season favorites (especially dome teams) when it's only November, but I just don't know what other NFC team could beat the Saints in New Orleans besides the Vikings. The Cowboys have beaten, what, one team with a winning record? The Packers aren't going anywhere with an offensive line that poor. We saw what the Eagles are capable of today. The Cardinals have actually improved as a road team, but I just don't think their offense is as explosive as the Saints'...it would be difficult for them to keep up in a shootout, especially if Kurt Warner lays an egg, as he is wont to do at inopportune times.

by the way, anyone else cheering for the Titans to make the playoffs? what an amazing story that would be! Chris Johnson is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Absolutely I am, and I'm really making no secret of it. I don't believe in the whole "having an NFC and an AFC" thing, but I'm obviously partial to their quarterback and want him to keep succeeding.

Absolutely I am, and I'm really making no secret of it. I don't believe in the whole "having an NFC and an AFC" thing, but I'm obviously partial to their quarterback and want him to keep succeeding.

absolutely. i always like good comeback stories!

As do I. And it's even better when the story is about one of my favorite athletes EVAR.

Poor Dennis Dixon, man. Thrust into this situation, battles his ass off, gets to OT, and gift wraps a pick to set up a game winning FG.

Of course, I picked the Ravens, so I really don't care that much.

that's the reason why i'm suck a big Rodgers fan. after all the BS he had to put up with during the whole Favre fiasco....and dropping a good 20 spots in the draft, i just feel like he needs to have a HOF career....or at least deserves to have one.

I've always liked Vince and really thought he would turn out to be a stellar NFL quarterback. Maybe he's finally getting his shit together and realizing his potential?

Meanwhile, the Bears have been sucking and I hate my football life.

Meanwhile, the Bears have been sucking and I hate my football life.

i blame coaching. they've completely abandoned the run game, and both sides of the ball are paying for it. they've become one dimensional on offense and they lose the battle of time of possession, which is wearing out their defense. Forte needs to be giving at least 20 carries a game.

you can read minds when you have a big piece of foam cheese on your head? I would think that would block transmission somehow....

i heard that wearing purple makes your junk smell like boysenberries.

i heard that wearing purple makes your junk smell like boysenberries.

real men wear purple, you shourd try it sometime....and since I'm not a dude I shouldn't have to worry about that issue personally but I do like boysenberries. :flirt:

:uhoh: this is getting weird, especially in a football thread. I better go back to my little randooom thread.

Garrison vs. Impy continues to be the better football related Interference rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom