NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just in the gym and the Cardinals/49ers game was on. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a football game.

I'm a 'Niners fan.

Then you are playing a great game and I congratulate you. But when I left the gym, the Cardinals were on their 5th turnover, and it was at that point that I was truly laughing out loud.

EDIT: I remember what I found the most amusing now. That one punt that had like three penalties on it somewhere in the midst of the the 2nd quarter.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say about the NFL, departing thread now to those who are wiser than I.

Then you are playing a great game and I congratulate you. But when I left the gym, the Cardinals were on their 5th turnover, and it was at that point that I was truly laughing out loud.

Okay, good. :wink:

I'm not commenting on their turnover problems tonight until the game is over. :superstitious:

Edit: And now you see why. Just fucking give it to Gore!! :doh:

As someone who hates Kurt Warner with a passion, I'm having a great time watching this one.

Being a 49er fan (if a mostly lapsed one) helps.

6 turnovers? When did Jay Cutler join the Cardinals?

:sad:

Good for the Niners, though.

I'm back to say that even though I am currently wearing my Green Bay Packers' t-shirt with all the pride I can muster this close to DallasArlington, Texas, I do pity you and your QB acquisition.

Andy's learning DeSean's tricks:

I've got a pulled hamstring. I'm day-to-day. Brian Westbrook's got a concussion. We'll see how he does in the coming weeks. Jeremiah Trotter's got a sore knee, he should practice this week. And Shawn Andrews is moody.

Time's yours.

I'm back to say that even though I am currently wearing my Green Bay Packers' t-shirt with all the pride I can muster this close to DallasArlington, Texas, I do pity you and your QB acquisition.

Oh no, I'm still very happy with the trade and think it will work out in the long run. We've been shitty this year and Cutty's thrown a bunch of picks, but he's also looked amazing at times and it's been exciting having a QB who can throw the ball. I was just playing on all the anti-Cutler jokes that have been popping up all year.

Oh no, I'm still very happy with the trade and think it will work out in the long run. We've been shitty this year and Cutty's thrown a bunch of picks, but he's also looked amazing on a great number of drives and it's been exciting having a QB who can throw the ball. I was just playing on all the anti-Cutler jokes that have been popping up all year.

Yeah, this is mostly coming from an outsiders perspective. (Though I have a good friend who is an obsessive Broncos fan, and Cutler broke his heart, so now he takes joy in every single one of his failures, so I hear about these a lot more than his successes)

I've just decided that "Someone Still Loves You, Jay Cutler" is going to be the name of my rock and roll band. Or maybe our first album.

Oh no, I'm still very happy with the trade and think it will work out in the long run. We've been shitty this year and Cutty's thrown a bunch of picks, but he's also looked amazing at times and it's been exciting having a QB who can throw the ball. I was just playing on all the anti-Cutler jokes that have been popping up all year.

Mike Golic threw out the comparison of Cutler and Jeff George...

I'm not ready to say that yet. But I do believe something is going to have to happen to help build chemistry on this team.

:sigh: As a true Chicago Cubs fan...I will transfer my usual phrase from baseball into this football season.

"Wait till next year..."

I've got a pulled hamstring. I'm day-to-day. Brian Westbrook's got a concussion. We'll see how he does in the coming weeks. Jeremiah Trotter's got a sore knee, he should practice this week. And Shawn Andrews is moody.

Time's yours.

hi Andy, nice to see you in here again. I hate the Iggles with all of my soul but God only knows the way i feel about you, andy reid.

:heart:

Chris Henry's been in a car accident and he's supposedly on life support, though there are conflicting reports about how exactly how serious it is. Everything so far indicates that things aren't going well, though.

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry - ESPN

Bengals' Henry dies at 26

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after suffering serious injuries upon falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities describe as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Police say Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

Away from the team because of a broken forearm, Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road. Police say a dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." They wouldn't identify the woman, and no charges were immediately filed.

"Detectives continue to work diligently on this active investigation," police said in a statement Thursday announcing Henry's death.

Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. Tonga's MySpace page identifies herself as "Mrs. C. Henry" and has a picture of her next to a person who appears to be Henry. She also has a post from Tuesday talking about buying wedding rings.

Neighbor Karen Clanton said the Tonga family lives in the house where the police say the incident began, adding that she didn't witness it and that "they're nice folks."

There were tire tracks on the front lawn Wednesday.

Henry broke his left forearm Nov. 8 during a win over Baltimore. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve following the game. Charlotte is home to Tonga's parents.

The Bengals (9-4), in the midst of their best season since winning 11 games in 2005, lead the AFC North and play host to the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.

What an awful story. I always liked Chris Henry for one reason or another.

Definitely an idiotic move, something he was accustomed to considering his problems with the law. But I likes the guy's game dating back to his WVU days.

It was strange seeing Ochocinco so worked up. Pretty heartfelt stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom