NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tmz_tv_teaser.gif

So my friend sent me an e-mail telling me to sign up for this year's money Fantasy Football league, drafting Saturday (why the hell it's starting so early is beyond me). I can't decide on a team name, though, so hopefully you guys can help me out. Here are the ones I've got it narrowed down to:

Green Bay Fudge Packers
Nova Scotia Drunken Irish
Cleveland Steamers
The Bus Drivers ('cause we be takin' you to school)
Pimpin Ain't Easy
The Cunning Stunts
Ricky Williams' Bong Water
The Four Shizzles

Please, let me know which I should use.

Keep in mind I reserve these for my own use in both Interference FF leagues. :wink:

Well I'll be the first to admit I didn't come up with any of these (although I adapted the Nova Scotia Drunken Irish one from "The Drinking Irish", so I guess that's about as creative as I get).

I just read that the Chiefs are banning standing up in your seat during a game at Arrowhead Stadium. Can this be true? I haven't been to an NFL game in a while. Is standing up in your seat during a game that bad?

Of course we are, would you expect anything less from the biggest self-absorbed attention whore in sports? It didn't make sense for him to retire anyway, they finally were good again...I'm betting he planned this all along as he always does. Must be great for the Packers, this annual song & dance.

Of course we are, would you expect anything less from the biggest self-absorbed attention whore in sports? It didn't make sense for him to retire anyway, they finally were good again...I'm betting he planned this all along as he always does. Must be great for the Packers, this annual song & dance.

Ridiculous. I enjoy watching him play, so I do hope somewhat that he does come back (although I don't want to see Interception Favre again), but at the same time if I was a Packers fan I'd be starting to get pretty pissed that he's doing this every year. If you're going to retire, then let it be and allow the team to move on. He's only hurting the Packers, the team he claims to love so much, in the long run. :shrug: Of course, now the city of Green Bay pretty much hates Aaron Rodgers for telling them all to shut up, so who knows (read: cares) how the cheeseheads feel these days.

I really hate people who threaten to retire every year but don't, then do, and then say they're coming back. It's even worse when they do come back, retire again, and come back again. Can't they just 'stay dead' and let someone else have the spotlight? IMO, such behavior does not increase their legacy but detracts from it. These stories even being in the news, whether or not he comes back, make him more of a joke an less a legend.

All he needs to do is come back with the Bears and he completes his ascension to the Roger Clemens wing of the d-bag hall of fame.

All he needs to do is come back with the Bears and he completes his ascension to the Roger Clemens wing of the d-bag hall of fame.

He'd never come back from retirement to be a backup to Rex Grossman....wait for it...

....its coming...

...almost here...

...:lol:

Imagine: Brett Farve standing in Lambeau Field watching his number 4 being retired on the first Monday Night Football of the 2008 season.....

in a Minnesota Vikings uniform.

Priceless...

yea favre is officialy a douche.

but my lone wisconsin native packer fan that i have access to (work with a bunch of them but many go back to wisconsin in the summer) is blaming the packers.

favre is jesus to people who like cheese and miller.

I'm a diehard Pack fan from Green Bay, and I definitely see another side to this. I don't blame the Packers one bit. Favre has been wavering for years. and 3 weeks after Favre retired, he called Thompson and McCarthy and told him he wanted to come back, and then changed his mind again. I think they're just calling his bluff.

Either way, Favre has put the Packers in such a tough position, and it really pisses me off. Favre is still my favorite player of all time, but he's really testing a lot of Packer fans' patience.

Imagine: Brett Farve standing in Lambeau Field watching his number 4 being retired on the first Monday Night Football of the 2008 season.....

in a Minnesota Vikings uniform.

Priceless...

won't happen. Packers aren't willing to release him. if anything, they'll trade him to the Dolphins or Ravens.

I'm a diehard Pack fan from Green Bay, and I definitely see another side to this. I don't blame the Packers one bit.

:hi5: Hail, fellow Wisconsinite! (Although I'm from the Wausau area.)

My response to Favre right now is basically this:

BOO, you whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom