NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure if he held the team hostage, but Elway retired in May of 1999. The Broncos had just won the last 2 Super Bowls. After the Broncos won their first SB, Elway pulled the whole "I will/I won't" game of retirement. Eventually, he decided to return and the Broncos went on to win the next SB. Then after that, he played the whole "I will/I won't" game again. Except, when Elway did decide to retire, he waited three and half months and also after the draft. Thus, I suppose, keeping his team hostage because Denver was uncertain about Elway's future with the team.

So was Favre's behavior diva-like? Perhaps.
But, I suppose he wasn't the only one.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i don't remember john elway holding his franchise hostage while he decides wether or not to come back. favre did. not to bash him at all, but he knew he could. he's a friggin GOD in that area. if green bay had ever cut brett favre while favre still wanted to play, there would be a cheesehead revolt.

favre knew this and took advantage of it, right or wrong.

Different topic, but, do you remember Elway refusing to play for the Colts? He threatened to continue playing minor league baseball if the Colts did not deal him.

DaveC said:
Apparently, Trent Dilfer is better than John Elway, too.

Dilfer's also better than Dan Marino hahahaha.

MrPryck2U said:
Oh yeah, fuck curt shilling. He's no diva, he's just a bitch.

Aw c'mon, Schill may be a lot of things but look at his postseason record - he's no bitch.

Unless you're one of the guys who thought it was ketchup on his sock?

Professional sports is loaded with douchebags, as a large percentage of pro athletes have been coddled since they were 9 once someone identified they had superior athletic talent. So they get special treatment their entire adolescence and young adulthood...its a perfect breeding situation for douchebaggery.

CTU2fan said:

Aw c'mon, Schill may be a lot of things but look at his postseason record - he's no bitch.

Unless you're one of the guys who thought it was ketchup on his sock?

Well, he's a bitch with a good postseason record for Boston.

I never thought it was ketchup in his sock, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bladed himself.

Haha! Just kidding CT.

Hewson said:
Professional sports is loaded with douchebags, as a large percentage of pro athletes have been coddled since they were 9 once someone identified they had superior athletic talent. So they get special treatment their entire adolescence and young adulthood...its a perfect breeding situation for douchebaggery.

"Douchebaggery" is one of my favoritest words, ever. :cute:

i see belichick's been down to UF scouting out the college talent

belichick.jpg

Oh, come now. You'd have the same reaction if you had to gawk at New England chicks all year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom