NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the New Orleans-Pittsburgh game yesterday on the NFL Network? Does the NFL want us to not watch?

I'm lucky in that I have DirectTV.

Where I live our local cable provider (MediaCom) is actually fighting battles on two fronts

NFLNetwork & Big Ten Network

I'm sure it's the same battle all over the states. Cable providers want the NFL on a sports tier, while NFL would like it part of the basic package. Problem is if it's put on the basic package, then the rates will go up.

I'm very glad I ditched cable a few years ago. Also being a Iowa Hawkeye fan, I'm lucky BTN is included in my programming.

On a more football note:

There is rumor that another Bengal has been arrested....but purely a rumor right now. The hot rumor a few weeks ago was that Patriot Teddy Bruschi had died. Not the case.

NFC: Rams vs Bears
AFC: Chargers vs Colts

Super Bowl: Bears vs Colts again

Got Philk? said:
^So...who wins??

Brian Greise MVP

Don't know, don't care....

Not happy with my picks, but they were the most logical.

I would probably lean towards the Colts, only because of Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark.....

and because I feel Peyton needs more exposure.

Got Philk? said:
^So...who wins??

Brian Greise MVP

s3d5y8.jpg

BEAL said:
The hot rumor a few weeks ago was that Patriot Teddy Bruschi had died. Not the case.

Just where exactly did you hear this rumor? What a stretch that was considering he can be seen on the practice field every day for the last 10 days or so.

BEAL said:

Well, I'll obviously be picking the Patriots to win it all, but I'll wait until preseason is over to make my other selections. There are several teams out there who are one injury away from having a potential 10-6 season turn into a 7-9 campaign.

I'm excited for the Bears new season, only wish we could of gotten a QB, I hate Rex and rather have some second round pick play instead of him...

And if anyone is going to defend him on this statement, id like to talk, he is the fault for losing the superbowl..

phanan said:

Just where exactly did you hear this rumor? What a stretch that was considering he can be seen on the practice field every day for the last 10 days or so.

Get a lot of good information from this website:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The guys who run the site seem to have a lot of common sense, and I think one of them has a Law degree, so he's provided awesome insight into the Ron Mexico case.

BEAL said:

Mark my words: the Bears probably won't make the playoffs, and if they do, it's only because the NFC North is terrible.

Picking them to make the Super Bowl though is absolutely ludicrous. I'm willing to make a (non-money) wager on this.

DaveC said:

Mark my words: the Bears probably won't make the playoffs, and if they do, it's only because the NFC North is terrible.

Picking them to make the Super Bowl though is absolutely ludicrous. I'm willing to make a (non-money) wager on this.

Who else would you pick? The top teams that I have in the NFC are

Eagles
Saints
Panthers
Bears
Rams
Seahawks

I really think the Rams might sneak up on people. They have a outstanding RB in Jackson, a pretty explosive WR group, great TEs. If their defense can improve from last year (shouldn't take much) I don't see how they won't be a force...in the NFC.

I picked the Bears because I figure they will have home field due to how pathetic NFC North is, and how good their defense is.

I hope my prediction is wrong, cause the Bears bore me. If I picked from the heart, I'd go with the 49ers, but they still have a long way to go offensively, and I don't like their schedule.

tpsreports2424 said:
I'm excited for the Bears new season, only wish we could of gotten a QB, I hate Rex and rather have some second round pick play instead of him...

And if anyone is going to defend him on this statement, id like to talk, he is the fault for losing the superbowl..

Did Rex play defense at the Superbowl???????????????

It's cute. She has one of my dream jobs. I mean, I have to stomach all the Cub stuff but otherwise I can relate. As it turns out some guys are weirded out by girls who love sports and might know a little more than them. :wink:

For example, we were all in Denver this weekend for a bachelorette party. This guy starts chatting up my friend KJ and she tells him she's from Chicago, blah, blah, blah. He starts in on the Bears, they suck, Rex this, Rex that, the Bronco rule, yada, yada, yada. She then stops him dead in his tracks by asking him about the Broncos QB. :lol: He quickly changed the subject after figuring out she knew more than a little something about football. Good times. :D

phanan said:

I don't know if it would have mattered who was quarterback that day for the Bears, although Grossman did have a typically pathetic game.

Would you like to explain what you mean by "typically pathetic?" I recognize that Rex did not have a stellar game but he was not typically pathetic during the 2006 season. Yes, he had a few dreadful games but he had more good than pathetic.

And, and, and! If Cedric Benson would have strapped on a sack and played and if the defense didn't shit themselves maybe the outcome would have been different. I won't let Rex be the scapegoat for that loss. That was a team effort, my friends.

Last edited:
Perhaps pathetic was too strong a word, but it was still not a very good performance. You're not going to win too many games when the offense can't score that much, and the quarterback position is generally the one that makes an offense go.

His passer rating for that game was under 70, he had two picks, fumbled the ball twice (losing it once), and couldn't throw the ball downfield.

I'd say that's a poor performance and was one of the major factors why they didn't win that day.

BEAL said:

I really think the Rams might sneak up on people. They have a outstanding RB in Jackson, a pretty explosive WR group, great TEs. If their defense can improve from last year (shouldn't take much) I don't see how they won't be a force...in the NFC.
They are still helmed by "Pick" Bulger.
They made one giant step towards a return to prominence by unloading ubergenius Mike Martz Brain Farts, but they will go nowhere until they get a clutch QB.

I guess I haven't paid much attention to Bulgers stats the past few years, I do know that he gets hurt quite a bit, but then every QB who played for Martz got hurt.

I thought last year Bulger played a pretty sound game.

Wish the season would hurry up and get here.

BEAL said:
I guess I haven't paid much attention to Bulgers stats the past few years, I do know that he gets hurt quite a bit, but then every QB who played for Martz got hurt.

I thought last year Bulger played a pretty sound game.

Wish the season would hurry up and get here.

last year he had 24 TDs and only 8 picks, 4300 yards and a qb rating of 93, not too shabby. throw in a new big red zone target michael bennet as a 3rd reciever plus finally adding a receiving TE in McMichael, combined with a less risky, more sound system under Linehan, and Bulger is definitely gonna thrive this year.

the Rams can make some noise this year, but it all depends on how the defense holds up. apparently their first round pick DT Carriker has been a beast in training camp so far this year, so if he could help stabilize the Dline, I could see the Rams in the playoffs.

Know nothing about this sport, can someone please tell me how my good old Benny Graham is going? And is Sav Rocca going to get on the Eagles list or will it be Johnson?

WildHoneyAlways said:

Did Rex play defense at the Superbowl???????????????

He played so bad that night, he would of been a better defenseman then QB..

Peyton didn't have that great of a game either, but if rex only played decent I would think we could of won...

tpsreports2424 said:

He played so bad that night, he would of been a better defenseman then QB..

Peyton didn't have that great of a game either, but if rex only played decent I would think we could of won...

The rainy conditions had some effect on the game, IIRC. However, Manning managed to overcome them to some extent while Grossman couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom