NFL 2007, Part One - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #781
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
All I hear is fuck the cowboys, fuck Romo. You guys can't admit that Dallas is the best in the NFC and that your team, such as the Jets, philly etc... are at the bottom because there not stepping up their game and attempting to win a game. Now I don't know if it's the players, coaching or management thats the problem, but your teams need to fix something, if you want to match, the Cowboys, NE or Indy.
You posted after me, so I didn't know what you were talking about before.

I'm a Patriots fan, which is why it didn't make sense to me at the time.

I'll definitely say that as of right now, Dallas is playing better than any other team in the NFC. But with two games against the Redskins and another with an improving Giants team, I think it's too early to say they are the best. They are certainly the best right now.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #782
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Come back when they beat an opponent that's over .500 and we'll talk.

Till then, this isn't even worth my time.
The Giants are a .600 club, and Dallas beat them.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #783
Blue Crack Addict

They were truly horrid when Dallas played them in Week 1, though. I will say they have been getting better as the season's gone on.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #784
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
All I hear is fuck the cowboys, fuck Romo. You guys can't admit that Dallas is the best in the NFC and that your team, such as the Jets, philly etc... are at the bottom because there not stepping up their game and attempting to win a game. Now I don't know if it's the players, coaching or management thats the problem, but your teams need to fix something, if you want to match, the Cowboys, NE or Indy.
firstly... fuck the jets.

secondly... i'm a giants fan. the cowboys won fair and square, all be it a game that was close into the 4th quarter at a time when the giants defense, with new coaches and players, was not exactly, shall we say, clicking. they were god awful. they have improved significantly since that point, but alas, they still have much to prove as well, as the giants really haven't beaten anyone of note, either.

now on to business... yes, dallas is the best team at the moment. it's hard to argue that, they're the only team that's still undefeated. but, alas, one can find plenty of teams in NFL history that started 5-0 and didn't even make the playoffs, let alone the super bowl. the season is still quite young... just because they've won 5 games vs. a weak schedule does not a juggernaught make.

the colts? yea... the pats? yea... the cowboys? beat someone first.

so now i've answered your questions... i'm still waiting on you to answer mine, which you skipped over, so i shall repost for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

exactly what win on the cowboys schedule thus far can you point at and say "damn, that's mighty impressive. this team is going places."

when you find it please.. let me know. 'cause i can't.

this sunday? yea... that would be mighty impressive. i will instantly declare the cowboys the best team in the NFC if they're able to win sunday.

until that point? what... who have they beaten? a giants team (barely) who's defense simply wasn't the same as it is now. a bears team that was an absolute mess. two shitty teams in the dolphins and rams, and a miracle to beat a third shitty team in the bills. where is this all telling victory that makes you so impressed with the team that you can honestly say that going into new york and philadelphia, two very tough places to play, are going to be easy, cakewalk victories?
there ya go... have at it, slugger.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #785
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:04 AM
The Bills plain and simple, happy?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #786
Blue Crack Addict

Your quarterback throws 5 interceptions and you win a game you have absolutely no business winning, and that's "mighty impressive"?

Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #787
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:04 AM
That we have not lost a game yet is impressive on it's own and comeback from defeat like the buffalo game
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #788
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
That we have not lost a game yet is impressive on it's own and comeback from defeat like the buffalo game
fair enough. i suppose that's an answer, all be it quite a thin one. i was hoping for something a bit more detailed, but perhaps you don't have one.

if having 6 turnovers against a 1-4 team that can't get out of their own way, whom screwed up an onside kick recovery and completely botched their defensive coverage to allow for the game winning field goal is your key to success, well then, you have different criteria for success than i do, my friend.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #789
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Also, fuck the Cowboys and fuck Romo.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:04 AM
I thought my Bears winning over the Mighty Packers was quite impressive.

We are still the best team in the NFC! And that won't change until the playoffs...if it does.

I think your Cowboys got lucky personally, that they played against a team with a rookie qb that couldn't move the football when he needed to. They also played against a team with Dick Jauron as their head coach. And finally, they should have lost the game, but I think the corner back's name was McGee, who dropped the int that would have won the game...

My overall point is this. Lots of teams can do what Buffalo did for the first 3 quarters. Not many do what they did in the 4th. (Arizona does. )
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
I thought my Bears winning over the Mighty Packers was quite impressive.

We are still the best team in the NFC! And that won't change until the playoffs...if it does.

I think your Cowboys got lucky personally, that they played against a team with a rookie qb that couldn't move the football when he needed to. They also played against a team with Dick Jauron as their head coach. And finally, they should have lost the game, but I think the corner back's name was McGee, who dropped the int that would have won the game...

My overall point is this. Lots of teams can do what Buffalo did for the first 3 quarters. Not many do what they did in the 4th. (Arizona does. )
So if The Bears are the best in the NFC, 'splain to me how Dallas beat them 34-10 in Chicager.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #792
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Because God said so
Old 10-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #793
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
So if The Bears are the best in the NFC, 'splain to me how Dallas beat them 34-10 in Chicager.

Oh, that's easy. Rex Grossman was the qb.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #795
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Oh, by the way...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3056695

Look who's coming back! Again!

Why didn't the Bears sign him...