NFL 2007, Part One - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #571
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:14 AM
jauron put it best after yesterday... "they're a team with no weakness."

Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

What's really sick is that the defense is playing well and they will be getting back Rodney Harrison in Week 5 and Richard Seymour in Week 7.
I've really missed Rodney Harrison, I'm sure the other teams can't wait for his return. Too bad he won't be eligible against Cincinnati.

Is it for sure that Seymour will be back for week 7? I was under the impression that he probably wouldn't be ready, though the Pats generally don't give you much info on their injuries.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #573
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
The Bears' offense is ridiculously awful. I can't stand watching this D continuously have to go out and look great and then...2 yard run, pass deflected over the middle, Grossman runs a small circle backwards, tries to get to the outside...sack...and on and on I go. If you cannot pass, you cannot run. If you cannot run, you cannot pass. Seems to me like both cases are true in this situation.

3rd and 11, clock running with 6 seconds left in the half, and Grossman SPIKES THE DAMN BALL???!? So it's 4th and 11. What are we going to do...punt??? Either say hike with a play, or go into the half. I turned it off after he got sacked so I don't know if time just ran out or what, but hey...why not let them have a chance for a field goal before the half. That would be so nice of us.

Besides that nice pass that Berrian dropped, I've seen nothing to make me say Grossman is a good starting qb. Now stop rolling your eyes because Benson too has not shown me anything but a rb who's thinking about where to run rather than running through the holes. The whole offense looks about as bad as it did when Kordell Stewart was our starting qb.

I'm pissed. Go cubs...
there is an answer out there somewhere...

Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

So should Rexy booze it up with KO?
(Actually I'm sure he is the one who passed him the bottle)
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #575
Blue Crack Distributor

orton was better

orton in 2005's qb rating was a stellar 59.7

sexy rexy's qb rating thus far this season is 45.2. he's got 1 TD for 6 INTs... those are mike vick numbers right there.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #576
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:14 AM
I believe, as a Charger fan, it is officially time to panic. Or, just face the fact that last year was a total illusion, and the Chargers have just gone back to being the Chargers of the past.

I do believe I watched the beginning of a team melt down yesterday. The players are too frustrated with the coaching to get the job done. And they should be. The coaches have their heads up their asses. If they don't fire Cottrell immediately, our entire season is screwed. Hell, I could have called that game better yesterday than he did, and I'm a chick that doesn't know that much about football!! And don't get me started on Norv Turner. I knew he was a total loser and a big mistake, I guess I just didn't realize how big of mistake until yesterday. A loss to the freakin Packers???
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #577
Blue Crack Supplier

Eskin had a guy on his radio show picking games on Friday, and he moved to the Packers-Chargers, and said, "You know, this Packers team's ready for a letdown game, overachieving at 2-0, and this Chargers team is clearly superioir. But Norv Turner is such an idiot, proven time and time again, that I have to pick Green Bay here."
Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #578
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Eskin had a guy on his radio show picking games on Friday, and he moved to the Packers-Chargers, and said, "You know, this Packers team's ready for a letdown game, overachieving at 2-0, and this Chargers team is clearly superioir. But Norv Turner is such an idiot, proven time and time again, that I have to pick Green Bay here."
OK, I have to at that, and at the same time, because its so true. How much do think Marty is loving all of this? I hope he is sitting back, watching the games with a big ol beer and an even bigger smile on his face. He deserves it. AJ Smith is a tool, and he has proven that his ego maniac driven choices have gone too far. He wanted a lap dog coach that he could totally control, and now he has it. Nice one, AJ.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinsa

How much do think Marty is loving all of this? I hope he is sitting back, watching the games with a big ol beer
The thing with Marty is, he probably choked on it

Old 09-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #580
The Male

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Yesterday sucked. Hard. At least my picks were pretty good...10-5 so far.

This bye week for the Skins will be frustrating, but now is as good a time as any to get some adjustments made. How you can completely dismantle the Giants in one half and dismantle yourself in the second is beyond me.

I'm still not sold on Philly though. It just tells me that the Skins will have their way with the Lions come week 5.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #581
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
If the first two weeks are any indication, the Cowboys will be running away with the NFC East.
I'll change this to three weeks and stand by my prediction, although running away might be a bit too strongly worded.

They'll win the NFC East by at least a couple of games over the Redskins, I think.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #582
ET
The Fly

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinsa
I believe, as a Charger fan, it is officially time to panic. Or, just face the fact that last year was a total illusion, and the Chargers have just gone back to being the Chargers of the past.

I do believe I watched the beginning of a team melt down yesterday. The players are too frustrated with the coaching to get the job done. And they should be. The coaches have their heads up their asses. If they don't fire Cottrell immediately, our entire season is screwed. Hell, I could have called that game better yesterday than he did, and I'm a chick that doesn't know that much about football!! And don't get me started on Norv Turner. I knew he was a total loser and a big mistake, I guess I just didn't realize how big of mistake until yesterday. A loss to the freakin Packers???
This is why, as a native Southern Californian, I have never rooted for the Chargers..."fans" are too quick to bale out, jump ship, panic, or whatever you want to call it.....I can hear the crashes from my home near Qualcomm.....

Although I don't like the Chargers, Cub fans know better than to give up that easily....look, the Chargettes had a difficult start/tough first 3 games...get over it! move on, or don't if you want to adopt a new team..
Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by ET

This is why, as a native Southern Californian, I have never rooted for the Chargers..."fans" are too quick to bale out, jump ship, panic, or whatever you want to call it.....I can hear the crashes from my home near Qualcomm.....
Why do the fans effect what team you root for? Aren't you rooting for the team and not the fans that go along with them?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #584
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by ET

Although I don't like the Chargers, Cub fans know better than to give up that easily....look, the Chargettes had a difficult start/tough first 3 games...get over it! move on, or don't if you want to adopt a new team..
And, since I hate George Bush and what he has done to this country I am un-American and not patriotic, right???? This kind of logic has never made sense to me - you aren't loyal to something because you are able to step back and criticize and see the faults????

I am a HUGE Charger fan, and I love the team, that's why its so painful for me to see what they are going through right now. Does that mean I am less of a fan because I able to see the major failings of the team? Hell NO!! I have been faithfully attending every possible home game since 1993, even the year we went 1-15 (I miss the prices of the tickets during those good ol days), and will continue to do so. I'm not bailing, I'm just majorily disappointed. I am no less of a fan simply because I am completely bummed out that Norv Turner managed to majorly fuck up a team that had a legitimate chance of going all the way.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #585
The Male

Local Time: 03:14 AM
The Chargers are just being outcoached every game. Your offensive system (LT first, the rest later) has been figured out, and it's showing up on the scoreboard. Who's to blame? Norv Turner. He's an incompetent head coach...and believe me, as a Skins fan, I would know.

Don't worry though. As long as you're in the horrible AFC West and have that stacked roster, you'll make the playoffs every year.

Now.