NFL 2007, Part One - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #556
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:14 AM

but man, those were some hideously ugly uniforms.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah, my brothers were playing Madden with them on and I walked in the room, and thought it was one of those created jersey things and they just made an intentionally shitty one. They kept saying, "No, really, this is a throwback they're wearing this year." I didn't buy it until there was an article in the Inquirer.

Why not the good light green retros? The world may never know.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #558
ET
The Fly

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
Maybe the Eagles should wear those throw-up--I mean, throwback uniforms every week.
maybe...whatever gets the W...I thought the Steelers yellow helmets were bad last week, these + the Skins were much worse!!
God..didn't people have color coordination 75 yrs ago??
Old 09-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #559
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:14 AM
The Bears' offense is ridiculously awful. I can't stand watching this D continuously have to go out and look great and then...2 yard run, pass deflected over the middle, Grossman runs a small circle backwards, tries to get to the outside...sack...and on and on I go. If you cannot pass, you cannot run. If you cannot run, you cannot pass. Seems to me like both cases are true in this situation.

3rd and 11, clock running with 6 seconds left in the half, and Grossman SPIKES THE DAMN BALL???!? So it's 4th and 11. What are we going to do...punt??? Either say hike with a play, or go into the half. I turned it off after he got sacked so I don't know if time just ran out or what, but hey...why not let them have a chance for a field goal before the half. That would be so nice of us.

Besides that nice pass that Berrian dropped, I've seen nothing to make me say Grossman is a good starting qb. Now stop rolling your eyes because Benson too has not shown me anything but a rb who's thinking about where to run rather than running through the holes. The whole offense looks about as bad as it did when Kordell Stewart was our starting qb.

I'm pissed. Go cubs...
Old 09-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #560
ET
The Fly

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Bears are tough to watch...

So focus energy on the Cubbies
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #561
War Child

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ET

maybe...whatever gets the W...I thought the Steelers yellow helmets were bad last week, these + the Skins were much worse!!
God..didn't people have color coordination 75 yrs ago??
It doesn't matter, because they had no color TV or photos so nobody but the ones in the stand had to suffer! OMG and they say the 70s and 80s were tacky!

Rex needs to go. I am tired of him throwing away games!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #562
Refugee

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Such a strange season so far. I'm so surprised that the Chargers, Bears and Saints have looked so bad, and the Packers, Texans and Bucs have looked pretty good.

Don't know what to think of the Steelers yet -- I didn't think they'd be this tough.

But can ANYONE stop the Patriots this year? They are obscenely good. Brady has a QB rating of around 140.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier

The Texans are being helped by JOP's own Matt Schaub, from West Chester East High School.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #564
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm not that surprised by the texans... i had a feeling schaub would be good, and they've added so many good pieces over the years that they were bound to turn the corner eventually.

the chargers? not surprised there, either. rivers is still very unproven, and despite his uncanny ability to choke it away come playoff time, marty schottenheimer > norv turner. turner's just a joke... and the fake LT (there shall be only one LT ) is a bit of a pansy ass.

the bears? they're not surprising either... they're actually right where they should be... great, great, great defense, incredibly shitty offense. the bears really should have looked into either schaub or garcia this offseason. perhaps they saw what happened to the ravens when they got rid of their super bowl QB the following season and it scared them away (although dilfer's better than grossman but still). put the bears and giants together and we're going to the super bowl

the biggest surprises to me are the packers success and the saints lack of success. i wasn't all over the saints super bowl bandwagon like some people but i certainly wasn't expecting them to tank (then again, it's early).

and there are only two things that could stop the Pats this year.

1. injury
2. the patriots

seriously... they were a second half choke/comeback from winning the super bowl last year, and they vastly improved every single weak spot they had. everyone else is playing for second place.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #565
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Last night, Madden was saying how the Bears problem is that Grossman is the Bears go to guy of the future. His point was that if the Bears were to go to Griese, it was kind of a step backwards in the team's development.

But I don't agree. The thing is, the Bears are good now. If Griese can come in and do something now, then he should play. Otherwise, we are not going to make the playoffs.

I don't know what needs to change, but something does...or I will all year long
Old 09-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #566
Blue Crack Distributor

i see where madden's coming from, but chicago's built to win now... and it's not like sexy rexy's gonna turn into dan friggin marino with more time and seasoning... you can always find someone else to do what he does. heck, sometimes i think i could do what he does

the cardinals, on the other hand, have quite a different problem... they're not built to win the super bowl now, per say... but they're obviously better with kurt warner as the QB, but matt leinart is certainly their QB of the future. will be interesting to see what happens there.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #567
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Dear god those Iggles unis were hideous.

And yes, the soon-to-come Bucs creamsicle throwbacks are also horrible.

Are the Broncos wearing theirs this year? The old orange home Denver unis were fantastic. Remember the old Denver, your team would go out there and there they are in those damn orange jerseys, and your team is up 2 TD's at halftime but you knew they were gonna run out of gas in the 2nd half...man I used to hate Denver. But they were badass.

Oh and LaDainian looked like he was gonna cry in the postgame presser...

And the Bungles shat the bed again
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #568
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Last night, Madden was saying how the Bears problem is that Grossman is the Bears go to guy of the future. His point was that if the Bears were to go to Griese, it was kind of a step backwards in the team's development.

But I don't agree. The thing is, the Bears are good now. If Griese can come in and do something now, then he should play. Otherwise, we are not going to make the playoffs.

I don't know what needs to change, but something does...or I will all year long
Yeah, the Bears need to go to Griese now. It's not like he's a great QB or anything, but he'd be a better option than Grossman at this point, and like you said, the Bears can't afford to look to the future. They are ready to win now.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #569
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
and there are only two things that could stop the Pats this year.

1. injury
2. the patriots

seriously... they were a second half choke/comeback from winning the super bowl last year, and they vastly improved every single weak spot they had. everyone else is playing for second place.
What's really sick is that the defense is playing well and they will be getting back Rodney Harrison in Week 5 and Richard Seymour in Week 7.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

What's really sick is that the defense is playing well and they will be getting back Rodney Harrison in Week 5 and Richard Seymour in Week 7.
And lets not forget Troy Brown.