NFL 2007, Part One - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #481
Refugee

Local Time: 04:32 AM
Man, that Patriots game was fun to watch last night! They look about as good as I've ever seen them right now.

As opposed to the Seahawks game. Botched handoff with tie game late leads to fumble allowing the Cardinals to recover and score a game-winning field goal. That hurts.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #482
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:32 PM
I enjoyed the end of that game a lot more than I enjoyed the Pats game.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #483
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Yeah I didn't see that game and saw that score during the Pats game and was really surprised.

Brady's passing yards total is going to sky rocket with this new receiving team, particularly with the addition of Moss which didn't cost the team very much because no one wanted him.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:32 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Well, I wouldn't go that far, not with the Colts out there.

Everyone knows it's going to come down to the two of them again.
I am not so sure that the Colts have what it takes this year to compete with the Pats.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
Scheduling is chosen randomly my ass, the NFL keeps matching them up every season to create ratings and revenue.
Actually, unlike at CTU there is an exact formula to scheduluing in the NFL. If you win your division, you will play the other 3 division winners in your conference the following year (likewise if you finish 2nd, you play the 3 2nd place teams etc.), and since the Pats and Colts have bothe won their divisions for several years running, they continue to play each other.

Along with this you get 6 games within your division, 4 interconference games (rotating divisons every 4 yrs), and 3 other games within your own conference against the remaining 3 teams in one division which rotates every 3 years (this year the Pats get the AFC North, so in addition to 1st place Baltimore they play Pitt, Cinn and Cle).

So its not set up by anything other than a very logical formula which provides the best possible balance to sheduling based on previous year's results and a rotation to guarantee playing each conference team at least once every 3 yrs and each interconference team every 4.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I am not so sure that the Colts have what it takes this year to compete with the Pats.
Its also 2 weeks in, they don't play the Super Bowl in September, so any declaration of a champion right now is incredibly premature.

I think as the season progresses, the whomping of the Jets will become less impressive as they stumble to a 3 or 4 win season, and from what I've seen to date, SD is not gonna be nearly as powerful this year as compared to last. Rivers looks befuddled, defenses will follow what the Bears and Pats have done and stack 8 or 9 in the box, taking classy LT out of the game plan, and until any SD WR can prove his mettle, you'll only have to worry about Gates as a downfield threat.

For all his playoff failure, Marty is 10x the head coach Norv is, so I think this version of th SuperChargers may have peaked in December 2006.

If you do power rankings, certainly the Pats are #1 today, but it means little to nothing come January/February.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

EAGLES
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier

If the Eagles lose tonight, it could be the first indicator of the end of the Andy Reid era.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
If the Eagles lose tonight, it could be the first indicator of the end of the Andy Reid era.
Not that I think Andy Reid is a great coach by any means, but to make this statement after a 0-2 start seems kinda silly.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
That's the spirit!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

Donovan McNabb just called Kevin Curtis "White Lightning" when introducing the offense.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier

Andy Reid is a fucking moron. Joe Gibbs goes for the field goal with 14 seconds after he gets a delay of game and false start penalty, realizing his offense is disorganized. Then Andy calls timeout with the field goal unit on to freeze the kicker, only that allows Gibbs enough time to re-organize his offense.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #493
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:32 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Actually, unlike at CTU there is an exact formula to scheduluing in the NFL. If you win your division, you will play the other 3 division winners in your conference the following year (likewise if you finish 2nd, you play the 3 2nd place teams etc.), and since the Pats and Colts have bothe won their divisions for several years running, they continue to play each other.

Along with this you get 6 games within your division, 4 interconference games (rotating divisons every 4 yrs), and 3 other games within your own conference against the remaining 3 teams in one division which rotates every 3 years (this year the Pats get the AFC North, so in addition to 1st place Baltimore they play Pitt, Cinn and Cle).

So its not set up by anything other than a very logical formula which provides the best possible balance to sheduling based on previous year's results and a rotation to guarantee playing each conference team at least once every 3 yrs and each interconference team every 4.
I have always liked how the NFL does their scheduling!

You even know for next year the teams they are going to play home and away minus the conference champions. In fact, that is the only suprise in the scheduling.

it stops people from saying "the NFL schedules this purposely for ratings."

Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The other thing about the NFL schedule is that because the top teams get harder schedules, it takes a really, really strong team to make the playoffs several years in a row. The weaker playoff teams typically get bounced the following year and replaced by others.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #495
The Male

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Great game, Philly. We all have some things to work on. We were the better team tonight though.

Now.