NFL 2007, Part One - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Right now you have to say the Pats and Colts are the two best teams. Pats defense just shut down the Bolts *maybe they had the tape from the playoffs.... )

The opening drive was a thing of beauty. And I'm not just saying this cause Brady is my FF QB. If the Pats decide to run the spread offense every possesion, I really don't think they can be stopped.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinsa

Sore winner much????

Its one thing to be a sore loser, but it takes a "special" type of fan to be a sore winner.
Please, if you can't take a joke, just don't reply to me. The sports radio station here has been playing the song all the past week, and it seriously was stuck in my head.

I don't take kindly to your use of "special", thats uncalled for and a direct attack on me which is against forum rules.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
*maybe they had the tape from the playoffs.... )
You think Norv is using Schottsie's signals? Perhaps thats why he had no success in Oaktown and DC.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #454
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Please, if you can't take a joke, just don't reply to me. The sports radio station here has been playing the song all the past week, and it seriously was stuck in my head.

I don't take kindly to your use of "special", thats uncalled for and a direct attack on me which is against forum rules.

And the Fuck You San Diego was likewise just stuck in your head? OK, whatever.

Actually, I wasn't directing the "special" specifically towards you, so sorry if you took it the wrong way., and if I wasn't clear in my post. The "speciál" was towards ALL "special" Pats fans, whom seem to have a "special" way of being sore winners. I honestly have never seen it from any other team like I see it from the Pats fans. Thats why certain Pats fans (I'm not saying all, I know there are plenty of Pats fans who can win and lose gracefully) are deemed ""special" to me. Sore Winners. I've never seen anything like it."
Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:00 PM
At least Scottenheimer's teams make the playoffs.

What the fuck has Norv done as a head coach?

I'm so tired of these guys getting recycled.

Give me a Tomlin or a Wiesenhunt over guys like this.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And the Fuck You San Diego was likewise just stuck in your head? OK, whatever.

Actually, I wasn't directing the "special" specifically towards you, so sorry if you took it the wrong way., and if I wasn't clear in my post. The "speciál" was towards ALL "special" Pats fans, whom seem to have a "special" way of being sore winners. I honestly have never seen it from any other team like I see it from the Pats fans. Thats why certain Pats fans (I'm not saying all, I know there are plenty of Pats fans who can win and lose gracefully) are deemed ""special" to me. Sore Winners. I've never seen anything like it."
Actually yes, they were playing that clip on the radio all week as well, obviously bleeped out, but yes so it was.

And lets not try and back track, its clear when someone uses "special" quoted thus, they are inferring somene is retarded, and it absolutely came across that you were saying that directly about me as you quoted me directly. So I don't think I took it the wrong way, I think the intent was crystal clear.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #457
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Basically, as a head coach Norv has yet again proven what a complete and total loser he is. He seriously looked like he was in a coma last night. I knew the Chargers were screwed when they waited until all of their coaches bailed, waited until all the good available coaches were taken, and THEN hired Norv. Seriously, how can it even be possible how bad the Chargers played last night? They were shockingly bad. A large part of that has to be the "coaching" (or lack thereof).
Old 09-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm so tired of these guys getting recycled.

Give me a Tomlin or a Wiesenhunt over guys like this.
The whole coaching shift in SD this past offseason was bizarre. Marty given an extension, both coordianators leave, then they can Marty later, can't promote from within cause nobody is left, and the decent coaching prospects have been snatched up ala Tomlin. Turner is a guy who like his former compatriot Wannstedt, Romeo Crennel and a number of others, seems to peak as a coordinator and realy just isn't head coach material. The Peter Principal.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #459
Acrobat

Quote:
Actually yes, they were playing that clip on the radio all week as well, obviously bleeped out, but yes so it was.

And lets not try and back track, its clear when someone uses "special" quoted thus, they are inferring somene is retarded, and it absolutely came across that you were saying that directly about me as you quoted me directly. So I don't think I took it the wrong way, I think the intent was crystal clear.
I am not backtracking. I honestly did not mean for that comment to be directed at you. The sore winner question was directed specifically towards you. The "special" fan comment was meant towards ALL the special Pats fans that are sore winners. Your post just was more proof to me that there is a very "special" section of Pats fans that are sore winners. I apologized. I honestly wasn't personally attacking you, if you took it that way, I am sorry. Too bad you can't likewise see what poor sportsmanship you demonstrated with your post.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #460
Blue Crack Distributor

it's always fun to be able to break this picture out again

okay, i'm into the NFL again... all it took was san diego to get bitch slapped like that and it got me back in the cheery ol' football mood.

i wonder what tomlinson will have to say this week
Old 09-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The whole coaching shift in SD this past offseason was bizarre. Marty given an extension, both coordianators leave, then they can Marty later, can't promote from within cause nobody is left, and the decent coaching prospects have been snatched up ala Tomlin. Turner is a guy who like his former compatriot Wannstedt, Romeo Crennel and a number of others, seems to peak as a coordinator and realy just isn't head coach material. The Peter Principal.
But at least some of these coordinators get a shot, fail, and creep back to being a coordinator or migrate to college. Guys like Turner, or Wannstedt, or Dan Hennings, etc, they get chance after chance. It bothers me.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

But at least some of these coordinators get a shot, fail, and creep back to being a coordinator or migrate to college. Guys like Turner, or Wannstedt, or Dan Hennings, etc, they get chance after chance. It bothers me.
They must interview well or something. I can't explain it.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #463
Blue Crack Supplier

Interviewing well is a part of it, for sure.

Fear of taking a risk is another, I'd wager.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Too bad you can't likewise see what poor sportsmanship you demonstrated with your post.
My post was intended to be humorous, and was not directed at anyone here, was there a touch of gloating, certainly, but it was meant in good fun. I didn't resort to calling anyone here names.

When one of my teams loses, if a fan of the victorious team has a little fun at the expense of that team, I don't get all hot and bothered about it. Its only sports, and this is only a message board, yet some people have to take everything involved in both too seriously.

Have a nice day. (or should I say: "Stay classy san Diego")
Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Interviewing well is a part of it, for sure.

Fear of taking a risk is another, I'd wager.
Yeah, but like you point out, these guys have track records of failure as head coaches, so to me hiring one of them should be seen as more of a risk than new blood. Certainly if Turner takes a 14-2 Charger team and turns them into a 9-7 squad this year, its bound to be his last head coaching job in the NFL.