NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:
All I hear is fuck the cowboys, fuck Romo. You guys can't admit that Dallas is the best in the NFC and that your team, such as the Jets, philly etc... are at the bottom because there not stepping up their game and attempting to win a game. Now I don't know if it's the players, coaching or management thats the problem, but your teams need to fix something, if you want to match, the Cowboys, NE or Indy.

You posted after me, so I didn't know what you were talking about before.

I'm a Patriots fan, which is why it didn't make sense to me at the time.

I'll definitely say that as of right now, Dallas is playing better than any other team in the NFC. But with two games against the Redskins and another with an improving Giants team, I think it's too early to say they are the best. They are certainly the best right now.

They were truly horrid when Dallas played them in Week 1, though. I will say they have been getting better as the season's gone on.

Justin24 said:
All I hear is fuck the cowboys, fuck Romo. You guys can't admit that Dallas is the best in the NFC and that your team, such as the Jets, philly etc... are at the bottom because there not stepping up their game and attempting to win a game. Now I don't know if it's the players, coaching or management thats the problem, but your teams need to fix something, if you want to match, the Cowboys, NE or Indy.

firstly... fuck the jets.

secondly... i'm a giants fan. the cowboys won fair and square, all be it a game that was close into the 4th quarter at a time when the giants defense, with new coaches and players, was not exactly, shall we say, clicking. they were god awful. they have improved significantly since that point, but alas, they still have much to prove as well, as the giants really haven't beaten anyone of note, either.

now on to business... yes, dallas is the best team at the moment. it's hard to argue that, they're the only team that's still undefeated. but, alas, one can find plenty of teams in NFL history that started 5-0 and didn't even make the playoffs, let alone the super bowl. the season is still quite young... just because they've won 5 games vs. a weak schedule does not a juggernaught make.

the colts? yea... the pats? yea... the cowboys? beat someone first.

so now i've answered your questions... i'm still waiting on you to answer mine, which you skipped over, so i shall repost for you.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

exactly what win on the cowboys schedule thus far can you point at and say "damn, that's mighty impressive. this team is going places."

when you find it please.. let me know. 'cause i can't.

this sunday? yea... that would be mighty impressive. i will instantly declare the cowboys the best team in the NFC if they're able to win sunday.

until that point? what... who have they beaten? a giants team (barely) who's defense simply wasn't the same as it is now. a bears team that was an absolute mess. two shitty teams in the dolphins and rams, and a miracle to beat a third shitty team in the bills. where is this all telling victory that makes you so impressed with the team that you can honestly say that going into new york and philadelphia, two very tough places to play, are going to be easy, cakewalk victories?

there ya go... have at it, slugger.

Your quarterback throws 5 interceptions and you win a game you have absolutely no business winning, and that's "mighty impressive"?

:huh:

That we have not lost a game yet is impressive on it's own and comeback from defeat like the buffalo game

Justin24 said:
That we have not lost a game yet is impressive on it's own and comeback from defeat like the buffalo game

fair enough. i suppose that's an answer, all be it quite a thin one. i was hoping for something a bit more detailed, but perhaps you don't have one.

if having 6 turnovers against a 1-4 team that can't get out of their own way, whom screwed up an onside kick recovery and completely botched their defensive coverage to allow for the game winning field goal is your key to success, well then, you have different criteria for success than i do, my friend.

I thought my Bears winning over the Mighty Packers was quite impressive. :yes:

We are still the best team in the NFC! And that won't change until the playoffs...if it does. :rockon:

I think your Cowboys got lucky personally, that they played against a team with a rookie qb that couldn't move the football when he needed to. They also played against a team with Dick Jauron as their head coach. And finally, they should have lost the game, but I think the corner back's name was McGee, who dropped the int that would have won the game...

My overall point is this. Lots of teams can do what Buffalo did for the first 3 quarters. Not many do what they did in the 4th. (Arizona does. :D)

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:
I thought my Bears winning over the Mighty Packers was quite impressive. :yes:

We are still the best team in the NFC! And that won't change until the playoffs...if it does. :rockon:

I think your Cowboys got lucky personally, that they played against a team with a rookie qb that couldn't move the football when he needed to. They also played against a team with Dick Jauron as their head coach. And finally, they should have lost the game, but I think the corner back's name was McGee, who dropped the int that would have won the game...

My overall point is this. Lots of teams can do what Buffalo did for the first 3 quarters. Not many do what they did in the 4th. (Arizona does. :D)
So if The Bears are the best in the NFC, 'splain to me how Dallas beat them 34-10 in Chicager.

^I have thought about this. The problem with benching Grossman is that now, if/when he comes back, how will he play with that much pressure on him?

I was kind of kidding with everything I've said. We are not the best in the NFC. But...until the playoffs this year, we are. Just like the Colts are the champions until someone takes that title at the end of the season. :D

LyricalDrug said:

From a lifelong Redskins fan, amen. Amen. Amen. Amen.

Fuck The Redskins, cause when we beat The Patriots were are going to fuck your team up so badly not once but twice this season.

Justin24 said:
Fuck The Redskins, cause when we beat The Patriots were are going to fuck your team up so badly not once but twice this season.

As a sports fan I think the first part of your statement is acceptable, but why not wait until after Sunday before making such grandiose declarations? What if.....imagine this: what if the Cowboys actually lose to New England. Gasp! You know that that is a very real possibility and if it does happen how do you think you'll look?

This is sports, where hating on other teams is not only accepted but encouraged. Why get so defensive because some anonymous posters on a U2 message board don't like the Cowboys?

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:

I was kind of kidding with everything I've said. We are not the best in the NFC. But...until the playoffs this year, we are. Just like the Colts are the champions until someone takes that title at the end of the season. :D

"Defending champion" does not equal "best".

Justin24 said:

I am sorry...who do you play for Justin? Or is that "God" speaking through you on an Internet message board.

Justin24 said:

Aren't you from California? How are you a Dallas fan?

phillyfan26 said:

Aren't you from California? How are you a Dallas fan?

Because I am. The Cowboys are a much better team the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders

coolian2 said:
New England by 100

Patriots hype is so much more bearable than Cowboys hype.

Please. I am tired of hearing that the Patriots are God's and Bill Bellacheat is the greatest Coach. You must be a St. Louis Rams Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom