NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, enough with Vick already, does anyone really care?

Steelers, leading 7-0, on the road, just had 4th and 1, from their own 30. Tomlin went for it, QB sneak, 1st down. While I think they should have punted, I like that Tomlin, like his predecessor, is being aggressive. I think players respond well to coaches that place faith in them. Holy crap, the Cardinals have a safety, Adrian Wilson, who is a fucking monster.

Chargers fans are chanting "Marty, Marty" as the team is losing to Kansas City at home.

That last series by the Eagles might have been the worst 2-minute drill in the history of mankind.

I feel like my head is going to implode every time I see that Budweiser commercial with the putz yelling "J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets" at somebody's barbecue.

If your team's last major accomplishment occurred in 1968, STFU already.

DaveC said:
I feel like my head is going to implode every time I see that Budweiser commercial with the putz yelling "J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets" at somebody's barbecue.

My dad does that all the time, he likes to for some reason, despite being a Pats fan.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Lions 3-1, I think this means the world is ending.

Or maybe wait a month and see where they're at then.

Detroit?

Or better yet:
3-5?

I can't believe teams are not double-teaming Randy Moss more, after the start he's had.

Then again, I guess they figure they don't have a choice, as Brady will just go elsewhere each time and burn you another way.

And now the defense gets Rodney Harrison back next week. Yikes.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/01/vick.dogs/index.html

Most of Vick's dogs will go to families and a 'sanctuary'

(CNN) -- All but one of the dogs seized in the Michael Vick dog fighting case will be placed with families or put in a "sanctuary," where they will interact with people to overcome their fear and lack of socialization, according to court order filed Monday.

Michael Vick pleaded guilty in August to conspiracy charges related to dog fighting.

One of the 49 seized dogs "has a history biting humans" and will be euthanized, according to a motion filed in Virginia in U.S. District Court.

U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said the dog -- identified as number 2621 -- "exhibited intense aggression to humans to the point where the evaluation could not safely be completed."

The recommendation came more than a month after the court ordered the dogs evaluated by U.S. Department of Agriculture contractors.

Last month a team of animal behavior experts selected by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals analyzed the dogs, and then recommended whether they were best suited with families, trained as police dogs, placed in a sanctuary or euthanized.

Federal authorities anticipate recommending a guardian be appointed to oversee the placement of the other dogs.

Vick pleaded guilty in August to federal conspiracy charges related to dog fighting on his property in Surry County, Virginia. He is to be sentenced on the federal charges on December 10.

Last month, a federal judge tightened restrictions on Vick after he tested positive for marijuana use. The suspended Atlanta Falcons player must submit to any method of drug testing required by the pretrial services officer or the supervising officer.

He must participate in substance abuse therapy and mental health counseling if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer orders that.
advertisement

Vick was also ordered to stay home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. He is to be electronically monitored during that time.

Vick also faces state charges related to dog fighting. He will be arraigned on state charges on October 3 in a Virginia court.

Placing former fighting dogs in family homes where (presumably) there are children...brilliant! :happy:

:|

No kidding. Had to be because it was such a high-profile case, and they didn't want to risk criticism from ill-informed do-gooders. Generally fighting pits are euthanized, as they usually can't be socialized into a home/family situation.

Oh and I loved that game last night...down goes another bunch of never-won-anything yappers. Great shots of T.O. Jr. pointing the finger at his QB - classy there Ocho Cinco. As much as I hate the Colts (hey, I do, it's a rivalry), at least they have the class to go about their business, do their thing, and not act like a bunch of future HoFers when they hadn't won yet. And now that they have, they still don't act like that. Meanwhile you've got these Bengals, and the Chargers (more near-tears LJT postgames :up:).

Now there is a time & place for hot-dogging and self-promotion. Take Daunte Culpepper on Sunday...that was awesome. Points at his knee, gives an OK sign, and racks up 5 TD's. Stick it, Dolphins :)

Oh and have they picked all the pieces of Donovan McNabb out of the Meadowlands turf yet? Man that was U-G-L-Y. I felt bad for the guy, he was a sitting duck out there the way his O-line was blocking.

Ocho Stinko has never delivered in a big game. Passes that he normally catches seem to slip through his fingers. He's more concerned with his end zone dances.

Also, Palmer seems to be less accurate this year than in years past.

Apparently Marvin Lewis went off on the team last night for their selfishness...about time. Though it went on way too long - I think that kind of stuff carries more weight when you're winning but I suppose then you risk losing the team while things are going well.

phanan said:
I can't believe teams are not double-teaming Randy Moss more, after the start he's had.

Then again, I guess they figure they don't have a choice, as Brady will just go elsewhere each time and burn you another way.

And now the defense gets Rodney Harrison back next week. Yikes.

The Jets tried to TRIPLE team him when he scored two of his touchdowns in week one, there's just no stopping him. He's faster, and taller than all defenders, and Brady is on fire.

DaveC said:

not that i feel the need to defend jet fans, whom i find to be stupid, but...

a) it was '69
b) when was the last eagles super bowl championship?

ahh right... they've never won one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom