NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
I don't know if that's because the Skins were so good or because the Eagles just suck.

Dallas beat the Giants and Dolphins, and both of those games had points where they were tight.

Dallas has no defense, and an offense with no recognizable running game.

They're 10-6 at best. Skins are maybe 9-7 or so.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
last year people were talking about how the NFC East is the best in football.

this year? gotta go with the worst.

The AFC East will surely challenge for that title. Buffalo, NY and Miami are all floundering right now, and everyone knows [sarcasm] the Patriots are nothing more than a bunch of filthy cheaters. [/sarcasm]

Here's a fun prediction I'll make:

Due to the deepening of the cheating scandal rabbit hole, the Pats will be banished from the playoffs this year and, as a result, the Jets will win the AFC East with a 7-9 record.

LemonMelon said:

Due to the deepening of the cheating scandal rabbit hole, the Pats will be banished from the playoffs this year and, as a result, the Jets will win the AFC East with a 7-9 record.

I would like to wager a large sum of money against this happening. And by "large sum of money", I mean something around the order of, say, one cent.

last year people were talking about how the NFC East is the best in football.

this year? gotta go with the worst.

They will give the NFC Central a run for their money!

Someone needs to tell Donovan McNabb that we're frustrated with him for a lot of reasons, none of which has to do with his race.

The nitwit's pulling this shit again. It doesn't matter at all, the media's gonna jump all over him again, and it will become a distraction. Just shut up already, and focus on your game.

LemonMelon said:

Even if the Pats forfeited 2 games to the Jets after Goodell finds out that Belichick is in fact the anit-christ, the Jets would have no more than 5 wins.

phillyfan26 said:
Someone needs to tell Donovan McNabb that we're frustrated with him for a lot of reasons, none of which has to do with his race.

The nitwit's pulling this shit again. It doesn't matter at all, the media's gonna jump all over him again, and it will become a distraction. Just shut up already, and focus on your game.

does he not realize that philly fans boo everyone?

does he not realize that the the criticisim he gets doesn't even tough that of what peyton manning got before he won a super bowl? last i checked, peyton's brother was named eli. you can't get any whiter than that.

mcnabb's a douche.

DonovanChunky.jpg

http://www.dotdsports.com/2007/09/mcnabb-looks-foolish-compared-to-story.html

McNabb Looks Foolish Compared to Story After His

Those of us who caught HBO's Real Sports program were lucky enough to catch a story about a man who managed to succeed against the odds. And that man certainly wasn't Donovan McNabb.

HBO's piece on McNabb, done by James Brown (who also hosts CBS' NFL Today program) was largely an apologetic piece of fluff. Brown chronicled McNabb's upbringing in the suburbs of Chicago, and how he was one of the few African-Americans in the area. McNabb even detailed the fact he got into a fight or two when he was young. Welcome to childhood, Donovan. Is there anybody who didn't get into fights as a kid? Getting your nose bloodied is part of growing up. McNabb acts like it is a novel concept.

McNabb then went on to spit his drivel about how black quarterbacks have it so much tougher than white quarterbacks, though when asked, he offered no empirical evidence. Maybe Donovan hasn't been paying attention to the treatment of Rex Grossman, or Jets fans cheering when Chad Pennington got injured, or the criticism leveled at Eli Manning on a weekly basis.

That wasn't the only way McNabb came off poorly. In one instance, Brown was narrating over game film about the lack of talent around McNabb. While Brown was doing this, there was a shot of McNabb missing a wide open Kevin Curtis in the end zone by a good seven or eight yards.

McNabb, the man who is one of the highest profile athletes in the country, who does soup commercials and penned a $100 million contract, even admitted that sometimes he wonders, "why me?"

The story that followed made McNabb seem like the quintessential whiny, spoiled, American athlete.

It was about a young man named Lopez Lomong, who was from the African nation of Sudan. When he was six years old, he and the rest of the children from his village were kidnapped by Sudanese rebels, who were going to turn them into child soldiers.

Lomong wound up in one of their camps, and the surroundings were not pleasant. He explained that 100 boys stayed in a single room, with no plumbing, electricity or windows. Boys had little to eat or drink, so they were slowly dying from dysentery.

He and three other boys managed to escape through a tiny hole, and they ran for three days, straight into Kenya, where he spent the next ten years in a refugee camp.

Eventually, after what amounted to winning an essay contest, he was selected to go to America and live in Syracuse, New York, with two white people he had never met before. In essence, he was getting a new family and a chance to start a new life, even though he was afraid of basic things like electricity, which he had never seen before.

Soon, he started to run track in high school, and he wound up at Northern Arizona University, where he recently won national tile in the 1,500 meter race.

Shortly after, Real Sports took him back to his home in Africa. There, he met two brothers for the first time, and saw his mom and dad for the first time in 17 years. They were living in poor conditions, in tiny rooms they called apartments and if you wanted to use the water, you had to boil it. Nobody had shoes and the road was made of dirt.

Lopez Lomong recently became an American citizen, and he hopes to compete in the Olympics, though his main goal is to bring his brothers to America so they can run.

And if they're lucky, Donovan McNabb can share his sob story. Maybe they'll learn what it's like to really have it tough.

does he not realize that philly fans boo everyone?

I went to a Phillies game this year where they honored the head of PR for the team. He has been with the team for close to 30 years. He got booed.

:up:

DMac, man, get your spouse Andy to talk to management and get some good receivers in there. Hell, even two non no-names would be great man. :up:

I thought the TO thing was brilliant. Of course he got in trouble and Ocho Cinco didn't...though as celebrations go TO wins by a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom