NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now you have to say the Pats and Colts are the two best teams. Pats defense just shut down the Bolts *maybe they had the tape from the playoffs....;) )

The opening drive was a thing of beauty. And I'm not just saying this cause Brady is my FF QB. If the Pats decide to run the spread offense every possesion, I really don't think they can be stopped.

Kinsa said:

Sore winner much????

:eyebrow:

Its one thing to be a sore loser, but it takes a "special" type of fan to be a sore winner.
Please, if you can't take a joke, just don't reply to me. The sports radio station here has been playing the song all the past week, and it seriously was stuck in my head.

I don't take kindly to your use of "special", thats uncalled for and a direct attack on me which is against forum rules.

Hewson said:
Please, if you can't take a joke, just don't reply to me. The sports radio station here has been playing the song all the past week, and it seriously was stuck in my head.

I don't take kindly to your use of "special", thats uncalled for and a direct attack on me which is against forum rules.

And the Fuck You San Diego was likewise just stuck in your head? OK, whatever.

Actually, I wasn't directing the "special" specifically towards you, so sorry if you took it the wrong way., and if I wasn't clear in my post. The "speciál" was towards ALL "special" Pats fans, whom seem to have a "special" way of being sore winners. I honestly have never seen it from any other team like I see it from the Pats fans. Thats why certain Pats fans (I'm not saying all, I know there are plenty of Pats fans who can win and lose gracefully) are deemed ""special" to me. Sore Winners. I've never seen anything like it.":tsk:

At least Scottenheimer's teams make the playoffs.

What the fuck has Norv done as a head coach?

I'm so tired of these guys getting recycled.

Give me a Tomlin or a Wiesenhunt over guys like this.

Kinsa said:

And the Fuck You San Diego was likewise just stuck in your head? OK, whatever.

Actually, I wasn't directing the "special" specifically towards you, so sorry if you took it the wrong way., and if I wasn't clear in my post. The "speciál" was towards ALL "special" Pats fans, whom seem to have a "special" way of being sore winners. I honestly have never seen it from any other team like I see it from the Pats fans. Thats why certain Pats fans (I'm not saying all, I know there are plenty of Pats fans who can win and lose gracefully) are deemed ""special" to me. Sore Winners. I've never seen anything like it.":tsk:
Actually yes, they were playing that clip on the radio all week as well, obviously bleeped out, but yes so it was.

And lets not try and back track, its clear when someone uses "special" quoted thus, they are inferring somene is retarded, and it absolutely came across that you were saying that directly about me as you quoted me directly. So I don't think I took it the wrong way, I think the intent was crystal clear.

No spoken words said:

Basically, as a head coach Norv has yet again proven what a complete and total loser he is. He seriously looked like he was in a coma last night. I knew the Chargers were screwed when they waited until all of their coaches bailed, waited until all the good available coaches were taken, and THEN hired Norv. Seriously, how can it even be possible how bad the Chargers played last night? They were shockingly bad. A large part of that has to be the "coaching" (or lack thereof).

No spoken words said:

I'm so tired of these guys getting recycled.

Give me a Tomlin or a Wiesenhunt over guys like this.
The whole coaching shift in SD this past offseason was bizarre. Marty given an extension, both coordianators leave, then they can Marty later, can't promote from within cause nobody is left, and the decent coaching prospects have been snatched up ala Tomlin. Turner is a guy who like his former compatriot Wannstedt, Romeo Crennel and a number of others, seems to peak as a coordinator and realy just isn't head coach material. The Peter Principal.

Hewson said:
Actually yes, they were playing that clip on the radio all week as well, obviously bleeped out, but yes so it was.

And lets not try and back track, its clear when someone uses "special" quoted thus, they are inferring somene is retarded, and it absolutely came across that you were saying that directly about me as you quoted me directly. So I don't think I took it the wrong way, I think the intent was crystal clear.

I am not backtracking. I honestly did not mean for that comment to be directed at you. The sore winner question was directed specifically towards you. The "special" fan comment was meant towards ALL the special Pats fans that are sore winners. Your post just was more proof to me that there is a very "special" section of Pats fans that are sore winners. I apologized. I honestly wasn't personally attacking you, if you took it that way, I am sorry. Too bad you can't likewise see what poor sportsmanship you demonstrated with your post.

Last edited:
it's always fun to be able to break this picture out again

358582264_ac9aec30d4.jpg

okay, i'm into the NFL again... all it took was san diego to get bitch slapped like that and it got me back in the cheery ol' football mood. :happy:

i wonder what tomlinson will have to say this week :hmm:

Hewson said:
The whole coaching shift in SD this past offseason was bizarre. Marty given an extension, both coordianators leave, then they can Marty later, can't promote from within cause nobody is left, and the decent coaching prospects have been snatched up ala Tomlin. Turner is a guy who like his former compatriot Wannstedt, Romeo Crennel and a number of others, seems to peak as a coordinator and realy just isn't head coach material. The Peter Principal.

But at least some of these coordinators get a shot, fail, and creep back to being a coordinator or migrate to college. Guys like Turner, or Wannstedt, or Dan Hennings, etc, they get chance after chance. It bothers me.

No spoken words said:

But at least some of these coordinators get a shot, fail, and creep back to being a coordinator or migrate to college. Guys like Turner, or Wannstedt, or Dan Hennings, etc, they get chance after chance. It bothers me.
They must interview well or something. I can't explain it.

Kinsa said:

Too bad you can't likewise see what poor sportsmanship you demonstrated with your post.
My post was intended to be humorous, and was not directed at anyone here, was there a touch of gloating, certainly, but it was meant in good fun. I didn't resort to calling anyone here names.

When one of my teams loses, if a fan of the victorious team has a little fun at the expense of that team, I don't get all hot and bothered about it. Its only sports, and this is only a message board, yet some people have to take everything involved in both too seriously.

Have a nice day. (or should I say: "Stay classy san Diego")

No spoken words said:
Interviewing well is a part of it, for sure.

Fear of taking a risk is another, I'd wager.
Yeah, but like you point out, these guys have track records of failure as head coaches, so to me hiring one of them should be seen as more of a risk than new blood. Certainly if Turner takes a 14-2 Charger team and turns them into a 9-7 squad this year, its bound to be his last head coaching job in the NFL.

Hewson said:
I don't get all hot and bothered about it. Its only sports, and this is only a message board, yet some people have to take everything involved in both too seriously.

Yes, I guess you having to say how personally offended you were, and you telling me to not respond to your posts was completely non-serious and not getting all hot and bothered. Seriously?:wink:

Anyways, back to bashing the Chargers play last night. They honestly deserve any and all legitimate criticism there is. They were horrible (although, I am sorry the "Fuck You San Diego" is a bit much, WTF??? Is this honestly what sports radio plays in Boston????)

Kinsa said:

(although, I am sorry the "Fuck You San Diego" is a bit much, WTF??? Is this honestly what sports radio plays in Boston????)
Yes it is.

Again, like Headache said, Anchorman has provided the sports world with some soundbites, and I bet whoever the Padres play in the playoffs, their fans and sportsradio shows in that city will use the clips as well, the "go $#%& yourself" clip in particular.

I'm sorry it bothered you. But you must admit the disco tune is quite catchy.

i coach a JV basketball team... the varsity is playing in the Above The Rim Tournament over christmas vacation, a national tournament played every december in none other than San Diego.

i have clips from anchorman in my iTunes... whenever the trip comes up, more so the fact that i can't go 'cause i have to stay home with the JVs, i hit the "go fuck yourself, san diego" clip.

:shrug: it's a great movie, what can i say.

I have never heard or seen that clip beofre (except in the actual movie, of course). I guess its just not a popular clip to play here in San Diego. :lol:

I honestly never listen to sports radio, so I have no idea what is/isn't played. I get all of my sports news from the papers and ESPN. Sports radio has now peaked my interest - I'm definitely missing out on something here!! Thanks to all you guys on this board for the education.:wink:

Last edited:
It's piqued. In case anyone cares.

Hewson, I think that owners feel safer with these re-treads, hence it not being a risk. You know what you're getting.

Hiring a first time coach, especially ones as young as a Tomlin or Kiffin seems to be riskier to me.

I don't listen to much sports radio, but, yeah, it seems to be the same wherever you go.

No spoken words said:

Hewson, I think that owners feel safer with these re-treads, hence it not being a risk. You know what you're getting.

Hiring a first time coach, especially ones as young as a Tomlin or Kiffin seems to be riskier to me.

Given a choice between an old coach who you know sucks and a new coach who might suck, the choice is obvious.

speedracer said:

Given a choice between an old coach who you know sucks and a new coach who might suck, the choice is obvious.

You might have missed my earlier point.

I was saying that I'm tired of these re-tread coaches like Turner getting gigs. We were speculating about why they still get hired, and I thought it might have to do with owners being reluctant to take a risk. Maybe I'm wrong in viewing an untested coach as a risk, but, regardless, I cannot believe guys like Norv Turner get head coaching jobs after failing everywhere else.

The media kind of overly played up this potential rivalry with the Chargers, it really comes down to the fact that the Chargers ended the Pats home winning streak a few years ago, and the whiny post game comments of LT during the playoffs last year. People in this area were pumped for this game because everyone was touting the Chargers as one of the biggest threats this year, not really because it'd be a rematch. Its the Colts that have developed a rivalry with Patriots, given the two teams are always at the top in this decade and the argument over who is the best quarterback in football Brady (duh) or Manning, and the fact that they keep playing each other. Scheduling is chosen randomly my ass, the NFL keeps matching them up every season to create ratings and revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom