NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
randhail said:

at least you didn't have Maurice Jones-Drew starting...Fantasy Hall of Famer my ass.

Oh, I did... :(

His ass is going to the bench until I can trade him.

My favorite Madden (real Madden) line ever was, "If you took away all of Brett Favre's interceptions this year, he's having a pretty good year."

I could live with that. I could live well with that. They don't even get to work together, Raftery is always paired with Verne Lundquist. Who is not bad, actually.

I still listen to at least one Gus clip every week. I especially love the Track&Field one, cos he makes a 10 second race seem like it's the Super Bowl.

No spoken words said:
I could live with that. I could live well with that. They don't even get to work together, Raftery is always paired with Verne Lundquist. Who is not bad, actually.

I still listen to at least one Gus clip every week. I especially love the Track&Field one, cos he makes a 10 second race seem like it's the Super Bowl.

After listening to arguments between the Sarge and Wheels (Phils' color guys who probably are going to run Harry Kalas into alcohol) for the past five months, every word I hear from Gus Johnson or Bill Raftery raises my IQ.

Just imagine an NFL game with them ...

GUS: Brady is back, he might have something deep...he's throwing long...back there is Moss...YES! TOUCHDOWN PATRIOTS! BRADY TO MOSS! HA HA!
RAFTERY: SEND IT IN!

That would push me over the edge on NFL Sunday Ticket, my friend. Bring your lunch-ah.

Gus would be more like:

Brady steps back....scans......the scramble.....REARS BACK.......THE THROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...........Touchdown Patriots!! HA!!! This is the NFL!!!!!

A few years ago, Gus was calling a Steeler game with Brent Jones. Hines Ward caught a pass and rand towards the sideline. Rather than go out of bounds, he went to hit the cornerback....but a safety came over and clocked him. Hines bounced right back up, and just as he did, the camera zoomed in on his eyes....and they looked pretty crazy. Fucking Gus is talking as this happens and this is the call "Hines Ward takes a major shot but gets right back up. He loo....HINES WARD IS CRAZY!!!!"

Was it a stare that would have made Joe Buck cry?

"What a despicable stare by Hines Ward! Oh my God! The humanity!"

It's true, I make the "Now exactly how much pot did you smoke" face a lot.

Gus Johnson should be the next president of the United States. Apparently, he got Bill Simmons and Isiah Thomas to be alright with each other.

phillyfan26 said:
Gus Johnson should be the next president of the United States. Apparently, he got Bill Simmons and Isiah Thomas to be alright with each other.

I'm buying his book solely to find out how that happened.

Wow, the Chargers got spanked, and HARD!!!:banghead:

I gotta give it to the Pats, they totally dominated. At least on the brightside, I got to hear Elevation a lot tonight, since they played it every time the Pats scored (is that the Pats' touchdown song? Love it! Here in SD we have the cheesetastick "we got more bounce in California" song).

Congrats all you Pats fans. If I were you, I'd be booking my flight to Arizona now.

Last edited:
It is the Pats touchdown song, and it's so amazing when you're at Gilette, especially since it comes quite often haha.

Kinsa said:

At least on the brightside, I got to hear Elevation a lot tonight, since they played it every time the Pats scored (is that the Pats' touchdown song? Love it! Here in SD we have the cheestastick "we got more bounce in California" song).

Been that way since the early part of this decade. The single version of Walk On has been featured a few times as well. Back a few years ago somebody on Interference claimed to know the Foxboro/Gillette Stadium PA operator and said he/she was a big U2 fan.

Actually, Elevation has only been the touchdown song for a year, after Gary Glitter's "Rock And Roll Part 2" was banned from the NFL due to Glitter's, um, interest in underage girls - in Vietnam, as I recall.

phanan said:
Actually, Elevation has only been the touchdown song for a year, after Gary Glitter's "Rock And Roll Part 2" was banned from the NFL due to Glitter's, um, interest in underage girls - in Vietnam, as I recall.

Huh. Coulda sworn I heard it at least a couple years ago. I must have suffered a brain aneurysm watching the Red Sox-Yankees game.

It became the touchdown song last year. I'm sure they've played it there before but not on such a basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom