NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not annoyed at the giants losing... i know they suck.

even the bengals, my suicide pool pick, losing? no big deal... who saw that coming? i mean really... 51-45? come on.

the chargers beating new england tonight? that will annoy me, 'cause i'll have to listen to another week of morons bitching "wah wah wah see the pats can't win without cheating"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm not annoyed at the giants losing... i know they suck.

even the bengals, my suicide pool pick, losing? no big deal... who saw that coming? i mean really... 51-45? come on.

the chargers beating new england tonight? that will annoy me, 'cause i'll have to listen to another week of morons bitching "wah wah wah see the pats can't win without cheating"

I'm with you. I am no Pats fan, but, it's such a non-story to me. I want it to go away, quickly.

Steelers dominate 2 weeks in a row, but, I'm still not sure if it was that the Steelers played well, or if the opponents played like shit.

Seeing the Browns score 51 on Cincinnati made me feel a little better about Pittsburgh's performance last week. A little.

I did. Check the "NFL Pick 'em" thread.

No spoken words said:
Steelers dominate 2 weeks in a row, but, I'm still not sure if it was that the Steelers played well, or if the opponents played like shit.

Seeing the Browns score 51 on Cincinnati made me feel a little better about Pittsburgh's performance last week. A little.

Don't doubt the Steelers!! Tomlin is doing good things with Ben..really opened up later in the game...
And hey, we were big Brownie fans this week!! so it's all good right now!!

DaveC said:
On a side note, I'm pretty damn sick of seeing 8,928 commercials for Sprint during every broadcast...I thought I was free of them when I quit their customer service department

Sprint...customer service? :eyebrow:

I don't think so.

And the Lions BARELY beat the Vikings. The Lions are back to being the Lions.

ET said:

Don't doubt the Steelers!! Tomlin is doing good things with Ben..really opened up later in the game...
And hey, we were big Brownie fans this week!! so it's all good right now!!

I love my Steelers, just want them to play a real team so I'll know where they're really at.

Best part of today's game was how Ben spread the ball around.

In five to ten minutes they're interviewing Goodell on NBC.

Collingsworth is outraged at the penalty, too, so if he's involved, it could get ineresting.

or perhaps the vikings are back to being the vikings :scratch:

No one has come in here and said the Vikings were going to be good.

If the opposing QB throws four INTs, and you still need a FG in overtime to win....you are not "good."

Come on Tom, throw a couple TD's to Donte'...I get 14 points (I have the NE kicker on my team too) every time that happens.

I have Donte', too, and he was useless last week. I'm pleased that everybody I started this week scored at least one point, with the exception of Stallworth so far. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess David Akers will score something tomorrow night, though I guess that might be a little iffy :wink:

zoney! said:

If the opposing QB throws four INTs, and you still need a FG in overtime to win....you are not "good."

Strange that this happens on the same day that Carson Palmer throws for 300+ yards and 6 TDs and the Bengals still lose (to the Browns, no less).

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess David Akers will score something tomorrow night, though I guess that might be a little iffy :wink:

McNabb is back, he looks, he pumps, he rolls out, he's scrambling, he's got nothing, and he is hit from behind, he sheds one man, he's hit by two others, and he is sacked. Nobody could get open and the offensive line had nothing going there. Here comes Sav Rocca...

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Strange that this happens on the same day that Carson Palmer throws for 300+ yards and 6 TDs and the Bengals still lose (to the Browns, no less).

I love how much swagger the Bengals have.

Meanwhile, 3 of the past 4 years, they've gone 8-8.

They gave up 51 points to an offense lead by Derek Anderson.

I am 36 years old and remember when John Madden was the lead analyst for CBS' coverage of the NFC. He worked with Pat Summerall, and he was great. He'd break down line play, point out things you'd not normally look for and he had a quirky sense of humor.

Now, wow. Michaels is still, to me, a fantastic pxp man, but Madden adds just about nothing but a familiar voice to the production.

No spoken words said:
Madden adds just about nothing but a familiar voice to the production.

Great football is great football, and when you have great players playing great football, well, that's the best kind of football you can have. If you have regular players playing great football, that's just regular great football, but if you have great players playing great football, that's great great football, and that's what that's all about.

You know who else is well done? Brett Favre. If he was a steak, he would be well done, because he's so tough, you could cook him all day and he'd not feel a thing. You could chew him up and spit him out, and he'd still be firing passes for touchdowns.

phillyfan26 said:

Great football is great football, and when you have great players playing great football, well, that's the best kind of football you can have. If you have regular players playing great football, that's just regular great football, but if you have great players playing great football, that's great great football, and that's what that's all about.

I don't like Caliendo all that much, but, this bit by him...or anything he does as Madden is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom