NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone picking an upset in either game next weekend? Looking at the online polls, it seems like almost everybody foresees a Patriots-Packers Superbowl. If that happens, it should be a great one! The Packers looked fantastic on Saturday.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
to be fair, i didn't see a second of the chargers/colts game. i had a game of my own at the time.

thank you newsday

eliscored.jpg

Sorry Headache, there's no way in hell the Giants go in to Lambeau and beat the Packers:wink:

Brett Favre is again enjoying the favor of the gods.

FullonEdge2 said:
Sorry Headache, there's no way in hell the Giants go in to Lambeau and beat the Packers:wink:

Brett Favre is again enjoying the favor of the gods.
Hey if one Michael Vick can lead his team to a playoff win in Lambeau, anything is possible.

Hewson said:
Hey if one Michael Vick can lead his team to a playoff win in Lambeau, anything is possible.

Yes, but that was a very different team. This year the lesser of the Manning brothers doesn't stand a chance against the top cornerback tandem in the league.

Also, this is a very beat up Giants team playing a Packers team that is now the healthiest they've been all year.

thank you newsday

eliscored.jpg

I was a bit weary of your post last evening and was going to call for a breathalyzer test. That or start calling you kitteninasuitcase. Thanks for clarifying.

:sexywink:

P.S. - nice win over St. Anthony's

Last edited:
zonelistener said:

I was a bit weary of your post last evening and was going to call for a breathalyzer test. That or start calling you kitteninasuitcase. Thanks for clarifying.

:sexywink:

P.S. - nice win over St. Anthony's

it was, but my JV's lost a nail bitter before the varsity game. if eli hadn't pulled out the victory last night, i would have been very bitter today.

is it a coinkydink that all 4 teams that are still playing played straight through the end of the regular season, and that all the teams that went by the "rest your guys, the game doesn't matter" theory to close the regular season have all been eliminated?

football is a game of timing. it's pretty tough to flip a switch and think everything's gonna be just like it was. the colts have been a victim of this numerous times.

Last edited:
all of a sudden the packers are a juggernaut who are far superior to the cowboys? :scratch:

when did this happen? i must have missed the memo.

There is no juggernaut in the NFC. They're all very beatable.

The Giants certainly aren't a juggernaut by any means, but after their incredible feat of winning 3 out of their last 5 games (which included an embarrassing home loss to Washington), they're definitely on their way. :wink:

i've never claimed that the giants are a juggernaut... but they're certainly capable of beating the packers

Packers are playing so well that they would have to play a bad game while the giants would have to play their best game, even better than they did yesterday.

is it a coinkydink that all 4 teams that are still playing played straight through the end of the regular season, and that all the teams that went by the "rest your guys, the game doesn't matter" theory to close the regular season have all been eliminated?

football is a game of timing. it's pretty tough to flip a switch and think everything's gonna be just like it was. the colts have been a victim of this numerous times.
The Mike Shanahan theory...rest your players and get pounded by the Colts in the first round....following season, same theory, same result. So nice he tried it twice.

i've never claimed that the giants are a juggernaut... but they're certainly capable of beating the packers

Well, the Packers are certainly well-rounded, have the better record, and are playing at home. If I were a betting man...

and the giants aren't playing well? and they haven't won 10 straight home games?

the thought that it would take an absolute stinker from green bay and the best game the giants have ever played just for new york to have a chance is laughable.

obviously the packers are favored, as they should be... but shit, they ain't the patriots.

mikal said:

Packers are playing so well that they would have to play a bad game while the giants would have to play their best game, even better than they did yesterday.
The Giants have to play mistake free (notice they didn't turn it over yesterday), and the D-line needs to pressure Favre.(Much like they did Tony Simpson yesterday)

If they do that, they'll be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom