NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for someone to mention "choke" in this thread with Peyton's name. I was not expecting Headache, knowing you know the definition of choke (read: 2007 Mets).

33-48 with 402 yards passing and three touchdowns. Yes, two interceptions - but did you see them? Of the 48 passes, I think I might have seen three that did not touch receivers hands.

The Colts defense choked. Not Peyton.

Wow, I was so depressed after the Colts game I didn't even watch/pay attention to/realize the Giants game existed... good for them. I'll root for Eli, though if they get beaten, then, the Pack.

but yeah Peyton definitely didn't choke, although at the end there we really needed some receptions we didnt get, but you cant put that all on Peyton (especially since if the defense had been better, we wouldnt have been in the position of being behind in the first place)... I wish Harrison had been more of a factor. I guess that's what happens when you're out for practically the whole season. Ultimately we got outplayed and it's damn unfortunate, though I can see how it would annoy some people if we won the Super Bowl two years in a row. Every other year though...:wink:

Butterscotch said:

Just wondering, how do you figure the Patriots 'choked' last year when it was the Colts who had the higher seed and were expected to win?

The Patriots had a 21-3 lead with 40 minutes to go and lost.

Certainly the Colts were overall a better team that year, but given that they're up 18 with 40 minutes left, the Pats should win that game 90% of the time.

Shame on the Indy D for not being able to stop a scrub QB and running back! WTF?

Michael Turner is a very good running back and would start for a lot of teams. I think losing Rivers hurt the Chargers more than losing LT.

But yes, the Colts' defense on the whole laid an egg after playing excellently for most of the regular season.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

Michael Turner is a very good running back and would start for a lot of teams. I think losing Rivers hurt the Chargers more than losing LT.
You beat me to that point. Turner has a career 5.5 ypc, and the Chargers are paying him $2.35 million, he's a backup because Classy is one of the top RB's in the league, he's not a scrub.
In fact I fear the change up punch of Turner and Sproles splitting 25 carries more than "You guys know me I'm Classy" getting 25 carries on his own.
I hope LDT (there's only one LT, he revolutionized the pass rushing linebacker position while hepped up on all kinds of cocaine and goofballs) plays, I don't need to hear excuses from him if the Pats win and he isn't able to suit up.

to be fair, i didn't see a second of the chargers/colts game. i had a game of my own at the time.

to also be fair, i had myself a fine and dandy time down at shanahan's for the gaints game. so i had that going for me, as well.

so i based my "choke" statement on a few cocktails and the assumption that the vaunted colts defense would be able to stop billy volek and michael turner.

my appologies if i am wrong in that assumption. and my appologies for lumping peyton in with the rest of the colts when it should clearly be "the colts choked" as opposed to "peyton choked." at least he didn't throw dallas clark under the bus. i suppose that's personal growth from the 6'5" laser rocket armed quarterback.

and you're not gonna tweek me about the mets choking when i was the biggest hater of willie randolph on earth... they choked miserably and i am well aware of that fact.

i shall now march on to work pissed off that the 10 inches of snow that we were expected to get has instead become half an inch of rain.

go fuck yourself, al roker.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i shall now march on to work pissed off that the 10 inches of snow that we were expected to get has instead become half an inch of rain.

We're getting the snow, you are welcome to it if you want to swap.

he's my quarterback, maaaaaan

this is what i looked like when i realized i would have no snow day today...

capt.9287990ff85e40d190f38a56962f4a0d.aptopix_giants_cowboys_football_irv135.jpg

ahhh that was fun. okay i really need to get to work now.

bring the popcorn!

to be fair, i didn't see a second of the chargers/colts game. i had a game of my own at the time.

to also be fair, i had myself a fine and dandy time down at shanahan's for the gaints game. so i had that going for me, as well.

so i based my "choke" statement on a few cocktails and the assumption that the vaunted colts defense would be able to stop billy volek and michael turner.

my appologies if i am wrong in that assumption. and my appologies for lumping peyton in with the rest of the colts when it should clearly be "the colts choked" as opposed to "peyton choked." at least he didn't throw dallas clark under the bus. i suppose that's personal growth from the 6'5" laser rocket armed quarterback.

and you're not gonna tweek me about the mets choking when i was the biggest hater of willie randolph on earth... they choked miserably and i am well aware of that fact.

and also i'd like to add that i was hoping that my assertion that peyton is a choke artist would draw the retracable roof inventer out of the self imposed exile, because i care about picking on her and all, my entire life revolves around disecting her posts and i've been lost without her.

she my quarterback man :sad:

That Packer game was one of the most exciting things I've ever watched...although I was feeling sick to my stomach at the very beginning of the game. :lol: I had called my dad up and whined that I sure hoped things started going better. He called me back after the first quarter and asked if I was feeling better. :D

The icing on that cake is Dallas losing, of course...:drool:

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippie:

I can't wait to see the spread in the SD/NE game. The Bolts should just put up a huge picture of Underdog in their lockeroom and get it over with. I'm looking forward to this game. This should be a slobber knocker for sure.

So Eli and the NYG got 'er done. I guess we'll see if Big Blue can upset the Pack. Another solid match up. I'm just happy we'll no longer have to hear about Jessica Simpson. I would think she's persona non grata in Big D. lol!

your question of the day... who feels like the bigger douche this morning.

a) tiki barber
b) marty schottenheimer
It has to be a.

Marty was canned, and never talked bad about the team.

Tiki retired of his own accord and ragged on Coughlin, the Statue of Liberty, Strahan, Eli, Peyton, Cooper, Archie, Bernie Goetz, Mayor Bloomberg, Broadway, Wall Street, Rockefeller Center and cheesecake. Dude crossed the GW Bridge the last time he left the Meadowlands with flame throwers blazin.

tiki barber's slim hall of fame chances have taken a huge hit this year with not only the success of the team, but the success that the giants running backs have had makes tiki seem like a good back who got the benefit of a great offensive line.

meanwhile, roger goodell is praying for a new england victory this sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom