NFL 2007 Part 4 - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #736
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinsa

Huh? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm not calm.
Yeah, it's not that you're disagreeing. In fact, I just stated my opinion once and left the "conversation" behind. I think I can sort of tell from your histrionics how you feel. I get it.

I'm suggesting you calm down, well, because you're not calm. That's how that works. No need to foam at the mouth because a few people question Ladanian Tomlinson's leadership skills, or lack thereof.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #737
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

That's true.

That fact that you're overreacting means you're not calm.
What is the overreacting? Because I "dare" to challenge things that have been said, or don't agree with the constant bashing of certain players? If you all don't want opposing viewpoints, that's one thing. But to tell me to calm down or that I'm overreacting (to what?) just because I don't agree with certain things that have been posted is weak.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #738
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:

I'm not sure where you got the 100% healed from - he only practiced on Thursday and the short pratice Friday. He stated he felt he was 90%, and that he would play. He hadn't taken a hit up until that point. He played, just as he said he would. Once he got in the game, he got hit on the injury and could not play effectively.

I don't know about the injury reports, etc - if you know someone is going to start, even if you don't know what will happen once they get in the game (does anyone really know what will happen with any player once they get in the game?), then should they be on the injury reprt? If so, then he should have been on the injury report. That's a management error, not LTs.

I think the "misleading the public and the media" abot his injury is innacurate - based on a super quick search, here is what was said on Thursday and Friday -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

LT clearly stated that he felt fine, but until he got hit, there was no way for him to know if he could play the full game -

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008..._351_18_08.txt
The way the injury reports work is, if a player is not listed on the last one before a game, he is essentially considered 100% healthy, meaning that whatever injury he had was healed. Not 90%, not 80%. Healed. Meaning it is no longer a factor. He was removed from that report on Friday.

The fact that he was in for only three plays indicates that the injury never went away, and he and the Chargers should have acted accordingly before activating him for the game. He obviously didn't go through a full pads practice and get hit before the game, or else they would have realized that he was not fully recovered. If he was held out of such a practice, he should have never been taken off the injury report. Plain and simple.

Now if he did go through such a practice and deemed himself ready to play, and then gets hit in the game and decides he can't play, you can see where the criticism is coming from. If he was able to handle it in practice, why wouldn't he be able to in the game?

I'm merely pointing out that such inaccuracies do not cast him in a favorable light.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #739
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
I have NO idea HOW these people ( ) could THINK that you are NOT calm

What THE hell?!!?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #740
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What is the overreacting? Because I "dare" to challenge things that have been said, or don't agree with the constant bashing of certain players? If you all don't want opposing viewpoints, that's one thing. But to tell me to calm down or that I'm overreacting (to what?) just because I don't agree with certain things that have been posted is weak.
Well, again, I'm telling you to calm down not because you disagree, but because you're overreacting. It's fairly simple.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #741
Blue Crack Supplier

No, it's because you're ranting and ranting, capitalizing, punctuating, over-stating ... do I have to spell it out for you?

It's got nothing to do with your opinions. It's got to do with how you're presenting them.

I intend to address your opinions as well, but that's nothing to do with what I'm telling you.

Also, you said his injury clearly "effected" his play. It should be "affected." Effected would imply that his play was brought about by his injury, when in fact, his injury made an impact on his play, his play already existing. Thus, affected.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #742
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

What THE hell?!!?

Be honest, every single one of you said this line out line with proper inflection. Didn't you?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #743
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Also, you said his injury clearly "effected" his play. It should be "affected." Effected would imply that his play was brought about by his injury, when in fact, his injury made an impact on his play, his play already existing. Thus, affected.

Three cheers for AP English. We're coming for you, China!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #744
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Yeah, it's not that you're disagreeing. In fact, I just stated my opinion once and left the "conversation" behind. I think I can sort of tell from your histrionics how you feel. I get it.

I'm suggesting you calm down, well, because you're not calm. That's how that works. No need to foam at the mouth because a few people question Ladanian Tomlinson's leadership skills, or lack thereof.
My bad. I didn't realize that what others have to say is fine, calm and rational, but my posts are apparently full of "histrionics". I understand completely now. Thanks!

I'm done with this thread, what is the point, since my posts are completely useless, hysterical, and full of bad grammar. Last I checked, this was a bulletin board, not the AP English test. Now I remember why I stopped posting over here last football season!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #745
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The difference is, even with a leg injury he was able to play, because he was not getting hit every single play (actually he wasn't hit much at all), he didn't have to move around too much (not that that is much different than he usually plays - Vince Young, Rivers ain't), and his main tool, his arm, was fine.
Legs are about equal in importance when it comes to throwing, so dubbing his arm the "main tool" does not do the impact of the legs on a throw justice.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #746
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Then how is it relevant??
Quote:
Play as a RUNNINGback on a sprained MCL???
Quote:
he should have been a cheerleader??

WHO CARES.
Quote:
PUHLEASE.

I know its porpular for Pats fans to refuse to call him LT, but those are HIS INITIALS, its not like he went out and created a nickname for himself based on some other player.
But you're calm right?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #747
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

My bad. I didn't realize that what others have to say is fine, calm and rational, but my posts are apparently full of "histrionics". I understand completely now. Thanks!

I'm done with this thread, what is the point, since my posts are completely useless, hysterical, and full of bad grammar. Last I checked, this was a bulletin board, not the AP English test. Now I remember why I stopped posting over here last football season!
Just like Fake LT. Sad times.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #748
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

The way the injury reports work is, if a player is not listed on the last one before a game, he is essentially considered 100% healthy, meaning that whatever injury he had was healed. Not 90%, not 80%. Healed. Meaning it is no longer a factor. He was removed from that report on Friday.

The fact that he was in for only three plays indicates that the injury never went away, and he and the Chargers should have acted accordingly before activating him for the game. He obviously didn't go through a full pads practice and get hit before the game, or else they would have realized that he was not fully recovered. If he was held out of such a practice, he should have never been taken off the injury report. Plain and simple.

Now if he did go through such a practice and deemed himself ready to play, and then gets hit in the game and decides he can't play, you can see where the criticism is coming from. If he was able to handle it in practice, why wouldn't he be able to in the game?

I'm merely pointing out that such inaccuracies do not cast him in a favorable light.
Phanan, I did want to say (before I make my exit from this thread ) thanks for this explanation. I've never understood how the injury reports worked, this was helpful. Thank you!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Now I remember why I stopped posting over here last football season!
Because you can't take a joke?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #750
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

giants 20, patriots 17
You'll get no hi 5 from me on that score...like when Jerry refused to hi 5 Puddy and had to pay for the undercoating on the new Saab.