NFL 2007 Part 4 - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #616
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Congrats to the Giants, by the way. You'll rarely get that from me, but you get it now.
Just as long as they don't get it again in 13 days.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #617
The Male

Local Time: 03:18 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Eli may be turning the corner and is no longer in the (Alex Smith-esque) bust category. But another season of success wouldn't hurt. Or a season with a QB rating in the 80's.

Now.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #618
Blue Crack Supplier

^ Exactly.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #619
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
As much as I hate to say it, I think Eli may be turning the corner and is no longer in the (Alex Smith-esque) bust category. But another season of success wouldn't hurt. Or a season with a QB rating in the 80's.
He's absolutely got room for improvement, and not improving would be considered a failure for him, I imagine. He's young, so he's expected to improve still.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #620
The Male

Oh, speaking of Alex Smith, I would just like to mention how much fun it's going to be to watch Mike Martz attempt to run the 49ers offense when they have absolutely no passing game. It's probably the most ill-fitting OC their staff could have picked.

Now.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #621
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
BTW, forgot to point this out...

Dude. No. Is a QB's ability to withstand name-calling more important than their ability to get a higher QB rating than 75?
No. Their ability to win is. You're picking out choice bits but ignoring the other things I said abouyt Palmer. Palmer's an overrated QB, with a million dollar arm and a 2 cent head, and he's a locker room cancer. Go watch some of their games, and, then come talk to me when he gets his team into the playoffs again, let alone wins a playoff game. And, if you are going to let QB rating guide your arguments, you're making less and less sense by the second, sorry.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wow, again with the QB rating. Unreal.

Terry Bradshaw's career QB rating: 70.9

Phil Simms': 78.5

John Elway: 79.9

Carson Palmer: 90.1

Please.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #623
War Child

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Hey, I just thought about something: has anyone seen that Michael Strahan commercial that's been running? Apparently he was 'going to the Super Bowl' to host some kind of thing (I forget what) during Super Bowl week. They showed him going into the team locker room and there was a Romo jersey hanging there guess they got that wrong! Looks like they're going to have to find somebody else to host whatever it was, Strahan will be too busy. Maybe Romo can take the job over?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #624
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

No. Their ability to win is. You're picking out choice bits but ignoring the other things I said abouyt Palmer. Palmer's an overrated QB, with a million dollar arm and a 2 cent head, and he's a locker room cancer. Go watch some of their games, and, then come talk to me when he gets his team into the playoffs again, let alone wins a playoff game. And, if you are going to let QB rating guide your arguments, you're making less and less sense by the second, sorry.
Perhaps if he actually had a defense, he would win football games. Ever thought of that? The Giants have one, the Bengals are perennially terrible in that regard. If you're scoring 30+ points a game and still losing, it's not the QB's fault. This is basic stuff.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #625
Blue Crack Supplier

You use a phrase "basic stuff" as a pejorative, but you harp on QB rating, which erodes your credibility severely. Wake me up when you get past that, until then, we're going in circles.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #626
The Male

Quote:

Wow, again with the QB rating. Unreal.

Terry Bradshaw's career QB rating: 70.9

Phil Simms': 78.5

John Elway: 79.9

Carson Palmer: 90.1

Please.
This is what Manning fans always do. The past QBs had lower career ratings because it was a combination of their crappy earlier seasons. You of all people would know that Bradshaw's last few seasons were incredible, but when you balance it by his first few, that's what you get. To use that to make light of the QB rating system is ridiculous.

Palmer is a beast, and his numbers prove it, while Manning has yet to have a truly great season. Hell, just 7 weeks ago he had the most incomplete passes in a game since 1967. Good on him for having some great games, but he's had some bad ones this year as well. Another season will be the litmus test.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #627
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

This is what Manning fans always do. The past QBs had lower career ratings because it was a combination of their crappy earlier seasons. You of all people would know that Bradshaw's last few seasons were incredible, but when you balance it by his first few, that's what you get. To use that to make light of the QB rating system is ridiculous.

Palmer is a beast, and his numbers prove it, while Manning has yet to have a truly great season. Hell, just 7 weeks ago he had the most incomplete passes in a game since 1967. Good on him for having some great games, but he's had some bad ones this year as well. Another season will be the litmus test.
I'm a Steeler fan, not an Eli fan....I'm objective here. I like when my team wins. I don't care how they do it.

The QB rating system is what is ridiculous. And, again, we're going in circles, we're not going to agree here, so, I will drop it and we'll agree to disagree.

One last thing....you probably do not know a lot about Bradshaw, and that's ok.....his highest QB rating for even a 1/2 season was less than 90. He was above 80 only 3 times. He liked to take risks and throw deep, so his completion %'s were never great, and he tossed picks. But, in the 4th Quarter, he was amazing, as well as the playoffs.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #628
The Male

Quote:
You use a phrase "basic stuff" as a pejorative, but you harp on QB rating, which erodes your credibility severely. Wake me up when you get past that, until then, we're going in circles.
I still have no clue why you're bashing QB ratings. Palmer threw 18 TDs and 18 INTs in 2004 and had a 77.3 rating as a result. Eli has played great for weeks and, no shit, his rating is through the roof! It's not as if the system is balanced in favor of some over others; there's a reason QBs get the ratings they get.

Furthermore, you've yet to give any reason for me to buy your opinion that ratings are absolutely worthless, other than post the career ratings of some elite QBs, which almost makes it seem as if they never once had a highly-rated season, which is ridiculous.

Simply, Manning isn't that great yet, and his stats are proof. Teams win for reasons other than the play of their QBs and you seem to be stuck on that.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #629
Blue Crack Supplier

I left Eli behind a long time ago, LM, and am having a broader conversation. But, it seems like you're not reading what I say, and, I keep trying to end it. We're going in circles. We disagree.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #630
The Male

Quote:

I'm a Steeler fan, not an Eli fan....I'm objective here. I like when my team wins. I don't care how they do it.

The QB rating system is what is ridiculous. And, again, we're going in circles, we're not going to agree here, so, I will drop it and we'll agree to disagree.

One last thing....you probably do not know a lot about Bradshaw, and that's ok.....his highest QB rating for even a 1/2 season was less than 90. He was above 80 only 3 times. He liked to take risks and throw deep, so his completion %'s were never great, and he tossed picks. But, in the 4th Quarter, he was amazing, as well as the playoffs.
Fine, if you don't want to argue, that's cool with me. I do know that Bradshaw struggled a lot early on but was a beast when it counted.

And now he's a total doofus of a sportscaster.