NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game reminds me a lot of the San Diego-New England game from last year -- just an extremely brutal, grueling game.

Got Philk? said:
All this time I've been talking about Peyton Manning vs the Pats. oops...

So can San Diego get to Tom Brady?

God, I hope not...can't deal with it here in SD.....

What a classic game.

In a way, I'm disappointed we won't get the Colts-Patriots matchup, which everyone wanted to see, but I think the Patriots should be able to handle the Chargers next Sunday. I wonder about the Chargers injuries.

Got Philk? said:
I'd like to add that I'd really like the Bears to try and get Turner. I mean Cedric Benson and his 2.3 yard per carry are great and all...

I'd worry about fixing up the offensive line and QB first if I were Chicago.

phanan said:
One of the better pass rushes in the league, although the loss of Dwight Freeney for the year really hurts them in that area.

Looks like they missed the game today though. The Colts defense played like CRAP!

Heck of a game from the Chargers, beating both the third-ranked defense and a bunch of refs who made a LOT of crap calls.

Bummed that we will not get to see the match up that could have been (Pats/Colts), but, now I can cheer for the Pats.

AND, Go Giants!

zonelistener said:

Looks like they missed the game today though. The Colts defense played like CRAP!

Heck of a game from the Chargers, beating both the third-ranked defense and a bunch of refs who made a LOT of crap calls.

The worst being the phantom holding call on the Cromartie TD return before half time

phanan said:
I guess I should have stuck with that San Diego upset pick. :wink:
If you look at my playoffs pool, I picked the Chargers to take out the Colts.
So I'm staring at the Chargers as a 4-1 money line 'dog, or +10.5, do I touch them...of course not. (At least the over got there despite the best efforts of both team constantly turning the ball over in scoring range and the damn holding call on the TD return just before the half).
Ah wel.

How healthy will the Chargers be?
And the long range forecast is for brutal cold next weekend.

Plenty of storylines, revenge for last season being foremost. Should be a fun week.

toscano said:

The worst being the phantom holding call on the Cromartie TD return before half time

Actually, there was a pass interference call in there (third quarter I think with Wayne as the receiver) I could not believe. It looked perfectly good coverage to me. And I was cheering for the Colts.

I would love to see two championship games played in awful weather (obviously in NE and GB).

6-12 inches of snow predicted for New England tomorrow. Can they play tomorrow?

Pats will beat the Bolts. With or without LT and Rivers.

Oh, yeah, Go Giants!

Oh. My. God. I almost had a heart attack during that game, what a nailbiter. I am so excited!! Wow, today is a great day for Chargers' fans!!

I think the Chargers work best under extreme adversity - they proved that today. I can't believe they pulled it off without Rivers - Volek generally sucks, doesn't do much, I pray Rivers is back for next week. We can play without LT, as Sproules and Turner can cover, but without Rivers, we don't have a chance. Can't wait!! :drool:

Seriously, could the refs have been worse this game? WTF was up with that???? I would have been one serious po'd Chargers fan if we lost!!

Wow, I am sooooo happy right now. Can't believe the Chargers beat them! I was over at my best friend's house watching the game (he's a big Colts fan) so it was pretty intense.

toscano said:

:mad: That made me so mad. I love the Cro, and that would have just been an amazing TD.

thetitans2k said:
Rivers is an awful quaterback. The chargers are better off without him.

Can I have some of what you have been smoking???? :wink: Rivers played his ass of today, and Volek generally sucks. We will be killed if Rivers is out next week.

Rivers is awful, but Volek is no upgrade.

Either way, I love the Norv vs. Belichick coaching matchup. Somehow I Pats have the advantage there. :wink:

Rivers has been an average QB over his career, but he has played very well the last few games.

speedracer said:
Rivers has been an average QB over his career, but he has played very well the last few games.

Very true - I really have no great love for Rivers, but he has really been improving lately. I loved me some Drew Brees and was so sad when he left. But to say the Chargers are better off without him (i.e, that Volek is better) is just plain ol crazy talk. :wink:

zonelistener said:

Actually, there was a pass interference call in there (third quarter I think with Wayne as the receiver) I could not believe. It looked perfectly good coverage to me. And I was cheering for the Colts.

It's games like this that make me think the NFL has their dream matchup in mind and they've communicated it to the officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom