NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arlen Specter (R-Pa) wants to do some "investigating" in regards to destroyed tapes...shouldn't he give the CIA a call?

Didn't they have some come up missing?

That is a government agency as far as I remember...

fucking cheaters

everyone knows the first set of plays are scripted, crazy how the pats got a 14-3 lead on the rams when they knew the plays that were gonna be run, then gave up the lead in the 4th quarter when they didnt know what was gonna happen. enjoy your tainted victory.

Last edited:
Dusty Bottoms said:
fucking cheaters

everyone knows the first set of plays are scripted, crazy how the pats got a 14-3 lead on the rams when they knew the plays that were gonna be run, then gave up the lead in the 4th quarter when they didnt know what was gonna happen. enjoy your tainted victory.

The Rams went over their full game plan in plain view of hundreds of journalists from around the world. Riiiiiight.

Mike Martz was the coach so anything was possible. Maybe he wanted to show the media how brilliant his plan was going to be :shrug:

Would this be brought up if it were the Rams playing tomorrow?

From 2002:

The Patriots practiced for 1 hour 54 minutes in cool temperatures at Tulane University, and every player was pronounced fit and ready to play.

Quarterback Tom Brady moved well throughout practice and said his sprained left ankle did not bother him at all. ''On Sunday night, I expect it to be 100 percent,'' he said.

Halfway through practice, Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson noticed something in a third-floor window of a house next to the field.

Club and league officials said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished.

Officials scanned the window with binoculars, but the person never returned.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE4DB153DF931A35751C0A9649C8B63

I remember back in 1993 some SI writer found a hotel room with a clear view of a Cowboys outdoor practice before the Super Bowl, and wrote an article about it (with an accompanying picture).

I am pretty sure that all NFL coaches know that any practice routines that are truly sensitive must be conducted at home, or inside closed doors.

This whole Spygate business is getting REALLY stupid.

I can say the same for some of the conversation in this thread the last two pages.

img10615759.jpg

My two favorite players back when I started following the Skins are in the HOF. :happy: :happy:

Monk was overdue.

Even though I am a Cowboys fan and the giants are my rivals. I want a Giants Victory against the cheating evil we call the Patriots.

^ Ditto. Evil, really? Really? Wow, get a grip people. It's been said by others before, but I'll say it again: They were caught in the very first game against the Jets, and the videotaping had no bearing on that game's result, nor the 17 that followed it.

Also, do you really think that the teams that played the Pats last year and in the past, kept the same signals when they played New England this year? I think as a rule teams change their signals from time to time, so all of this spygate nonsense is moot.

DaveC said:
If I lived in Philly, I would probably agree with you.

But if you lived here, you'd be rooting for the Patriots bandwagon to explode, too. If they win, I won't ever stop hearing it from the 48,208 retards here in Halifax who've paid attention to the team beginning in November but act like they've been following the team since they were 3, and talk trash like it, too.

I hate the Giants, I really do. But everyone and their dog on this forum knows how much I hate the Patriots, and it's more than the Giants. My Pats hatred is personal, whereas my Giants hatred is simply a sports rivalry. Gotta go with the (slightly) lesser of two evils.

I honestly thought after Championship weekend that I would not pick a team at all, and root for a good game regardless of who wins. But there is no physically possible way that I can NOT root against the Patriots going 19-0. I cannot bring myself to accept that result, and thus I must follow my spirit.

Now, if it was Dallas-New England, it would be a different story.

I dislike the Giants more than Dallas. It's not by much, but it's more.

I only know a few Boston people, but all of them are reasonable fans.

It sounds like yours is just a location thing, which makes sense.

phillyfan26 said:

I dislike the Giants more than Dallas. It's not by much, but it's more.

I only know a few Boston people, but all of them are reasonable fans.

It sounds like yours is just a location thing, which makes sense.

:yes:

All the Patriots fans from Boston I know (with the exception of one girl from Maine who I know through school, they're almost all Interlanders) aren't crazy. It's the "fans" from around here who jumped on the bandwagon after '01 who are the obnoxious assholes who piss me off. It's like the douchebags from Nebraska or New Mexico who all of a sudden are Red Sox "fans" since '04. But I've been over that 2,038 times, so I won't go off once again.

Like I said, I'm sure if I lived in Philly I'd feel different, but my Pats hatred is personal and actually has a reason behind it, whereas my dislike of the Giants is just based on the fact that they're a division rival.

Justin24 said:
Even though I am a Cowboys fan and the giants are my rivals. I want a Giants Victory against the cheating evil we call the Patriots.

Me too and that's also why I rooted for the Giants. I love seeing articles calling the the 'evil empire' and 'wicked witch is dead.'

so is it a bad thing to not choose a team to root for in the Super Bowl? I have thought about it and decided there really is no other team I care for besides the Bears. So when two teams like last night are playing each other, I really don't care who wins. I just want to watch football.

is this bad? must I make a decision next year?

Got Philk? said:
so is it a bad thing to not choose a team to root for in the Super Bowl? I have thought about it and decided there really is no other team I care for besides the Bears. So when two teams like last night are playing each other, I really don't care who wins. I just want to watch football.

Of course you don't have to choose in advance, but invariably during the course of the game you'll find yourself rooting for one team to succeed much more often than the other. It's the nature of competition.

Got Philk? said:

I don't think so. Really, the main reason I so passionately wanted the Giants to win, silly as it may sound, is that if the Packers had gone to the Super Bowl, I would have been rooting for them to beat the Pats. Since the Packers weren't there...I wanted somebody else to defeat the Pats then. I figured that the Giants prevented Green Bay from going to the Super Bowl, so the Giants better make it worthwhile. :wink:

DaveC said:

Of course you don't have to choose in advance, but invariably during the course of the game you'll find yourself rooting for one team to succeed much more often than the other. It's the nature of competition.

I found this to be the case with me. I really wasn't rooting for one team or the other until the Pats got their second TD and I was hoping that the Giants would make a comeback and win the game.

Right, but I was cheering for the Pats when they scored with 2 minutes left, and then I was cheering for the Giants on their way down the field as well...

So I cheered for both teams? It's like I rooted for the underdog...all game long.

Yeah, that last posession even had me sort of kind of pulling for New York. I wanted to see a decent drive, anyway.

As much as I hate to admit it, I did want to see an exciting finish, regardless of the team.

Still not happy about it, though.

Fastest ascension from O coordinator to head coach in history for Jim Zorn...13 days. He must have been one hell of an offensive coordinator.

Damn, I hate to mention this, but now its being reported that the Commissioner has said that Belichick has been illegally taping since he's been with New England, but the coach "didn't know" it was illegal.

Stay Tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom