NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants defense has done a great job on Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay, all on the road.

Eli limiting his mistakes has enabled the offense to do just enough to win those games.

IF the Giants D comes up with a great game on Sunday, I think they can keep it close.

Somehow, I think the Pats D gets to Eli and we see a 14+ point win for New England.

Do you guys usually start a seperate thread for the Superbowl? (fine with me)

Sicy said:
Do you guys usually start a seperate thread for the Superbowl? (fine with me)

:mad:

superbowllogo.jpg

Super Bowl

phillyfan26 said:

A true Eagles fan would never root for a New York team.

(I'm looking at you, Dave.)

Dave is from Nova Scotia, so perhaps he chose which teams to root for and against for reasons other than locality. A lot of people do that.

My bro told me In my little nephew's daycare they have two boxes for "Souper Bowl" can collections for the poor. Each can put in each box is a vote for that team to win. The Giants box is overflowing onto the floor, and the Patriots box is less than half full-

and they live in Redskins territory. The Redskins are rivals of the Giants too. Looks like people are rooting for the Giants not because they really want the Giants so much as that they DO NOT want the Patriots. A lot of people really do dislike them, Bellicheck, Moss, Brady especially, and do not want to see them get a perfect season.

Sweet, the Bills will be playing a cumulative eight regular season/exhibition games in Toronto starting next year and continuing for the next five years. One a year, for the regular season ones.

phillyfan26 said:
A true Eagles fan would never root for a New York team.

(I'm looking at you, Dave.)

If I lived in Philly, I would probably agree with you.

But if you lived here, you'd be rooting for the Patriots bandwagon to explode, too. If they win, I won't ever stop hearing it from the 48,208 retards here in Halifax who've paid attention to the team beginning in November but act like they've been following the team since they were 3, and talk trash like it, too.

I hate the Giants, I really do. But everyone and their dog on this forum knows how much I hate the Patriots, and it's more than the Giants. My Pats hatred is personal, whereas my Giants hatred is simply a sports rivalry. Gotta go with the (slightly) lesser of two evils.

I honestly thought after Championship weekend that I would not pick a team at all, and root for a good game regardless of who wins. But there is no physically possible way that I can NOT root against the Patriots going 19-0. I cannot bring myself to accept that result, and thus I must follow my spirit.

Now, if it was Dallas-New England, it would be a different story.

BonoManiac said:

Yeah, Headache really hates it when people write Superbowl as one word. :wink:

Ok thanks for pointing that out because I had NO idea what the angry face was for :lol:

Canadiens1160 said:
Sweet, the Bills will be playing a cumulative eight regular season/exhibition games in Toronto starting next year and continuing for the next five years. One a year, for the regular season ones.

Excellent. Less far to travel to see them lose. Great stuff. :longsufferingfan:

even though i'm still upset about the Pack losing to the Giants, i'll still cheer for them. there's no way i want the Cheatriots going 19-0, though i think pretty soon we'll be putting a good ole "*" next to all of their Super Bowl seasons.

LemonMelon said:
:lmao: That REALLY does not sound very good for the Patriots. At all.

Goodell said yesterday that there were six tapes. Some from the 2007 preseason, and some from the end of 2006. How does that change things? They didn't win anything in 2006, and the camera was confiscated in the first quarter of the Jets game this year and determined by the NFL to have no effect on the game itself.

:shrug:

As for the story regarding the Rams, I'll believe it when there is proof, but according to the NFL, all the tapes were confiscated and there weren't any others. How exactly would a former employee have tapes, if there were any? Belichick certainly would have kept them himself, I would imagine.

Last edited:
So a Patriots tape guy allegedly filmed a Rams practice that was open to the press, and either the guy lugging around a huge videocamera was never noticed in an empty stadium, or was noticed but never was asked to identify himself. Furthermore, this just happened to be the first Super Bowl after 9/11, when security precautions were at an all-time high. And we are to believe that this Rams practice contained highly sensitive information that directly allowed the Patriots to beat the Rams the next day.

Yes, that makes complete sense.

Last edited:
This attempt at creating a shitstorm days before the Super Bowl, will probably ensure that the Giants get absolutely crushed tomorrow.

Echoing what speedracer said about taping the Rams, what could they have possibly gotten from videotaping them the day before the game? It was a walkthrough practice. Hardly anything happens at a walk through practice and it's not like there was any big surprise as to what the Rams were going to do.

randhail said:
Echoing what speedracer said about taping the Rams, what could they have possibly gotten from videotaping them the day before the game? It was a walkthrough practice. Hardly anything happens at a walk through practice and it's not like there was any big surprise as to what the Rams were going to do.

Who cares what they got out of it? What matters is the legality of taping the opposing team's practices.

Randhail's point might be more about doubting the validity of the story. Along the lines of why would the Pats record something like a walkthrough in the first place.

I'll believe this when there's some actual proof, and we know who the "source" is. Then I'll figure out if I even care about it.

Exactly, I have my doubts about the validity of these stories. It seems awfully strange for this all to be happening hours before the game - especially for a matter that was considered "closed" by the league. For all we know the so called source regarding the Rams story could be Chizip - who's been know to support some conspriracy theories regarding that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom