NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaguars were complete idiots for rarely attempting to blitz Brady. Pathetic. Sure, they gave up one big pass there at the end on a blitz, but they held them to a FG on that drive, while on all the others they gave up TDs. The only teams that have hung with the Pats did so by making the pocket uninhabitable for Brady.

I expect the Colts to win tomorrow, and I think we are going to see a game for the ages again next week. The Patriots defense is still suspect, as witnessed tonight. Manning will definitely have the Colts offense moving, and I expect a high scoring game that goes down to the wire, because I don't see the Colts defense stopping Brady, despite how quick they are.

phanan said:
I expect the Colts to win tomorrow, and I think we are going to see a game for the ages again next week. The Patriots defense is still suspect, as witnessed tonight. Manning will definitely have the Colts offense moving, and I expect a high scoring game that goes down to the wire, because I don't see the Colts defense stopping Brady, despite how quick they are.

Sounds a lot like last year's game. Only this year it will be Moss/Stallworth/Welker instead of Reche Caldwell.

phanan said:
One of the better pass rushes in the league, although the loss of Dwight Freeney for the year really hurts them in that area.

True. I wonder how strong the timing is between Manning and Harrison right now. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow.

LemonMelon said:

True. I wonder how strong the timing is between Manning and Harrison right now. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow.

Those two have been playing together for so long now, I don't think they'll have any trouble unless Harrison's knee acts up again.

Hopefully Ellis Hobbs is healthy enough to return kicks against Indianapolis (if they win), because Indy's special teams coverage has been probably their only glaring weakness the last couple of years.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Jaguars were complete idiots for rarely attempting to blitz Brady. Pathetic. Sure, they gave up one big pass there at the end on a blitz, but they held them to a FG on that drive, while on all the others they gave up TDs. The only teams that have hung with the Pats did so by making the pocket uninhabitable for Brady.

if the jags had blitzed brady it would have been the 42-7 game i predicted... perhaps 42-14. you bring extra guys against that offense and brady will kill you long. you rush only the front 4 and don't get to the QB? brady will kill you short. you need to be able to get to brady with your front 4, or he'll destroy you.

the jaguars played as well as they possibly could have... and still lost by double digits.

that new england team must be pretty good.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if the jags had blitzed brady it would have been the 42-7 game i predicted... perhaps 42-14. you bring extra guys against that offense and brady will kill you long. you rush only the front 4 and don't get to the QB? brady will kill you short. you need to be able to get to brady with your front 4, or he'll destroy you.

Makes sense. But you're ignoring the fact that every team who has hung with the Pats did so by putting pressure on Brady. The Eagles, Ravens, and Giants are not on the level of the Jaguars; they could have done a whole hell of a lot better than they did, but were held back by their own gameplan.

Conservatism doesn't beat the Pats. It may keep you within 10, but BFD.

The Giants put pressure on Brady because they have a fantastic Defensive Line, not because they blitzed a lot.

I am with Headache here. Teams that blitz the likes of Manning, Brady, etc, do not win. They get picked apart. Jags did the right thing and that game was close for a long time.

I wouldn't know. Not watching this game, but if this is the best they could do, a change probably wouldn't kill them.

I think they should get their running game going first.

I'm watching play-by-play on NFL.com...good for multi-tasking, not great for detail. :wink:

SD is about to tie this one up.

San Diego is hanging in there. They get the ball first in the second half, so they have a chance to do something here. Although I don't think they'll be able to keep up in the end.

Great game so far.

I don't know who to root for/against -- I don't know which of these teams I'd rather see the Patriots play!

Great game. Can't believe San Diego took the lead with Rivers and Tomlinson on the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom