NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Did anyone catch Sportscenter this weekend? They had a whole cutesy piece on how Brady is like the 7th Brady kid - I think it was old, though. I was at the gym so I wasn't paying complete attention.

That was from 2001, for whatever reason they have decided to bust it back out recently.

I just read that Deion Sanders' new reality show on Oxygen is going to premiere during halftime of the Super Bowl. So if you wanna watch that horseshit, tune into Oxygen as soon as the first half is over. The show will be commercial free.

As for me, I'll be watching Tom Petty at halftime. I'm glad he's performing. I wouldn't watch Sanders' show at gunpoint.

zonelistener said:
Hey Hewson -

When do we get to read your "Fear and Loathing at the Super Bowl" reports?
I fly out early Friday AM.
Whether or not I'll have internet(ference) access is up in the air. I'm travelling very light, my buddy may have his laptop in which case I would be able to post some from the desert. Otherwise you f'ers have to wait with baited breath till Monday evening for my full report.

This game will not be as close as the Week 17 showdown.

The offense will be back to airing it out with the pleasant weather conditions. I don't believe they've played a game above 40 degrees since, hmm, oh yeah, the previous Giants game. Scoring at least 38 in even warmer weather seems to be an obvious conclusion.

The defense gave up four red zone touchdowns out of four trips in that previous contest. In their last six quarters, they've given up none. Even being conservative, I'll predict that the Giants have four trips inside the 20 again, and at best come away with only two touchdowns.

I also don't see special teams scoring a touchdown for the G-men again.

So based on all of this...

Patriots 41, Giants 20

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, so there are only two of us hoping for a Giants win Sunday? :reject:

I am also hoping for the Giants to win!

And don't forget Sicy is a Giants fan.

Go Pats.

A true Eagles fan would never root for a New York team.

(I'm looking at you, Dave.)

phanan said:
You forgot about Dave. :wink:

And me.

While my strongest loyalties lie with the Steelers since I was a kid, my Dad and many close friends love the Giants, plus growing up in NYC I watched all of their games, as this pre-dates NFL Sunday Ticket and such....so over the years, they became my NFC team and then some. Been rooting for them since Simms was in his first full year and Earnest Gray was their best receiver. I remember the year that Parcells took over, and on MNF they ended up tying the Cardinals, when they went 3-12-1. I have a Harry Carson signed hat in my office, etc.

I rarely mention it because it's hard to justify rooting for 2 teams, but I legitimately do (Do not lump me in wtih Mr. Pryck!!!). I still watch every game of theirs (when they at the same time as Pittsburgh I go back and forth) and so I'll be rooting very hard for Big Blue on Sunday.

Of course, this blows my cover in regards to arguing so vociferously with LM about Eli, but, oh well. :)

No spoken words said:

And me.

While my strongest loyalties lie with the Steelers since I was a kid, my Dad and many close friends love the Giants, plus growing up in NYC I watched all of their games, as this pre-dates NFL Sunday Ticket and such....so over the years, they became my NFC team and then some. Been rooting for them since Simms was in his first full year and Earnest Gray was their best receiver. I remember the year that Parcells took over, and on MNF they ended up tying the Cardinals, when they went 3-12-1. I have a Harry Carson signed hat in my office, etc.

I rarely mention it because it's hard to justify rooting for 2 teams, but I legitimately do (Do not lump me in wtih Mr. Pryck!!!). I still watch every game of theirs (when they at the same time as Pittsburgh I go back and forth) and so I'll be rooting very hard for Big Blue on Sunday.

Of course, this blows my cover in regards to arguing so vociferously with LM about Eli, but, oh well. :)

nice post mr. no spoken pryck

alright fine, i tried, it didn't work... sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom