NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinsa said:

Piggybacking on the previous question, I also wonder how many Pats fans out there really are glad they played the Chargers with many of our main players injured. I know no one wishes injury on the other team (or, at least, no one really admits it :wink: ), and I know its sports, and thats the way it goes, but I honestly think the Chargers could have beat them had we had our main weapons at full strength. The Pats were clearly the better team on Sunday, and I know we will never know "what could have been", but I also know if I was a Pats fan, I would be happy that they didn't have to find out.

Exactly why I posted This last Monday:
Hewson said:

I hope LDT (there's only one LT, he revolutionized the pass rushing linebacker position while hepped up on all kinds of cocaine and goofballs) plays, I don't need to hear excuses from him if the Pats win and he isn't able to suit up.

I don't think Tomlinson would have been the difference in the game, I think a healthy Gates would have given SD more of a chance, but you'd have to have given the Pats their best linebacker Roosevelt Colvin(yes the Chargers are not the only team withninjuries in January) as well, which I think would have tilted things back to NE's favor in the end.

Kinsa said:

PUHLEASE.:rolleyes: This cracks me up. I know its porpular for Pats fans to refuse to call him LT, but those are HIS INITIALS, its not like he went out and created a nickname for himself based on some other player. And its not like his name is Luke Taylor, which is easy to pronounce, and thus, no need to shorten it, the man has a tounge twister of a name.

Lawrence Taylor himself has no problem with it, so why is it even an issue?
Actually its far more than Pats fans who don't think he should be dubbed "LT", point of fact its more Giants fans than any others, and rightly so.
I was a big admirer of Lawrence Taylor (the football player, not the criminal) and as stated, he revolutionized the linebacker position, to me its like retiring a number..."LT" is Lawrence Taylor, Tomlinson can be "LdT" or something else. Nothing to do with Tomlinson, all about Taylor's on field legacy.

Last edited:
Kinsa said:

I'm not ignoring the Emmitt Smith quote - what do you want me to say - good for him? OK, good for him! Did he have the same injury as LT? No? Then how is it relevant??

it's relevant because it's a tad tough to run on a pulled hamstring, not to mention get hit with a seperated shoulder.

emmitt smith did just that, and not only did he do it, he lead his team to a crucial victory. why? because he's emmitt smith.

the real LT, a revolutionary linebacker who forever changed the position, legendary defensive player, two time super bowl champion, one of only three defensive players in the history of the NFL to win the league MVP, and coke head extroidnare... he played half a season with a broken leg, and in one particularly important game... well... i'll allow wikipedia to sum it up nicely.

The season also contained some the more memorable moments of Taylor's career. In a crucial late-season game with playoff implications against the New Orleans Saints, Taylor played through a torn pectoral muscle to record seven tackles, three sacks, and two forced fumbles.[20][48] Taylor's presence in the lineup was especially important as during the game the Giants' offense had trouble mounting many drives and was dominated in time of possession.[49] Several times throughout the game television cameras cut to the sidelines to show Taylor in extreme physical pain as he was being attended to by the Giants staff. Taylor's shoulder was so severely injured that he had to wear a harness to keep it in its place.[20] The Giants held on for a 13–12 win, and Parcells later called Taylor's performance "the greatest game I ever saw."

here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTU2mwXCO0

so you'll see how i, in particular, can never call ladanian tomlinson, or anyone else for that matter, LT. i've seen players like tomlinson before. i've never seen anyone dominate on defense the way LT did.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

Because you can't take a joke?

No, because of douche moves like correcting someone's grammar (or commenting on capitalization, punctuation, etc.) on a bulletin board. (oops, I forgot, I left this thread!:p)

Hewson said:
Actually its far more than Pats fans who don't think he should be dubbed "LT", point of fact its more Giants fans than any others, and rightly do.
I was a big admirer of Lawrence Taylor (the football player, not the criminal) and as stated, he revolutionized the linebacker position, to me its like retiring a number..."LT" is Lawrence Taylor, Tomlinson can be "LdT" or something else. Nothing to do with Tomlinson, all about Taylor's on field legacy.

bingo.

Kinsa said:

No, because of douche moves like correcting someone's grammar (or commenting on capitalization, punctuation, etc.) on a bulletin board. (oops, I forgot, I left this thread!:p)

Yeah, we correct Headache's grammar and spelling often. He keeps coming back.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
there's zero reason to leave the thread. if we all left the thread everytime someone disagreed with us there'd be no thread left.

Headache - See explanation above! Its not because someone disagrees with me, heck, you disagree with me and I like replying and reading what you have to say!!

And I do appreciate the explanation about why certain people won't call LT2 :wink: LT. That makes sense to me. And I guess now I never really left so I'm a total lamer anyways!! :sexywink:

Kinsa said:

Headache - See explanation above! Its not because someone disagrees with me, heck, you disagree with me and I like replying and reading what you have to say!!

And I do appreciate the explanation about why certain people won't call LT2 :wink: LT. That makes sense to me. And I guess now I never really left so I'm a total lamer anyways!! :sexywink:

it would be like if someone came along in baseball and people started calling him "the great bambino" just because his name was like joe bambino or something. yea, it's his name, but come on... there can be only one.

Kinsa said:

That was the joke. Do you honestly think I give a rat's ass if you know the difference between affect and effect? Lighten up for Christ's sake.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i hate when you do that, per say. :mad:

Why don't you just take your ball and go home like Kinsa? :angry:

Knowing my significant other/roomie/fiance will be wearing a Tom Brady jersey, I may have to dig out my old LT jersey from the good old days.

I wonder if my fat ass could fit into it :hmm:

zonelistener said:

Why don't you just take your ball and go home like Kinsa? :angry:

Knowing my significant other/roomie/fiance will be wearing a Tom Brady jersey, I may have to dig out my old LT jersey from the good old days.

I wonder if my fat ass could fit into it :hmm:
Why would you put a shirt on your ass?

Before that point and time I'd seen about three smilies ever from Hewson.

I knew something was up, you trickster, you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom