NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
1200974498_0106.jpg

I think Hewson sent those as a thank you for the win. It would have sucked to plan that whole trip and then have to watch San Diego! :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
eli manning clearly out played brett favre sunday night, playing mistake free football and putting his team in a position to win.

eli's QB rating was 72.3, brett's was 70.7.

if that alone doesn't show how how over-rated QB ratings are, i don't know how else to argue this, so i'll just give up.

My biggest gripe with QB rating is that it depends heavily on TD passes -- a QB who has a good running game will rack up fewer TD passes because his team will be inclined to run it in for the score more often for the goal line.

In this case, though, the cause of Eli's low QB rating is pretty simple -- his receivers dropped at least five easy catches.

zonelistener said:

I think Hewson sent those as a thank you for the win. It would have sucked to plan that whole trip and then have to watch San Diego! :wink:
There was a cancellation fee in place, essentially a bet on the Pats. I wasn't going if the SuperChargers won.

speedracer said:

My biggest gripe with QB rating is that it depends heavily on TD passes -- a QB who has a good running game will rack up fewer TD passes because his team will be inclined to run it in for the score more often for the goal line.

In this case, though, the cause of Eli's low QB rating is pretty simple -- his receivers dropped at least five easy catches.

exactly... it doesn't take into effect drops, it doesn't take into effect the QB who leads his team down the field only to hand it off for the touchdown, and it doesn't take into effect simply controling the game and performing at your best when it really matters the most. it's an incredibly over-rated stat.

Jim Fassel was just interviewed for the second time for the Redskins' HC job.

Somebody beat me senseless, please.

It doesn't matter that Brady is limping or in a boot. They game has already been decided at least if you believe I Am Legend.

prediction.jpg

Look out Pat fans, Eli's coming!

"Eli's Coming"
by Three Dog Night

Eli's comin'
Eli's comin' (Eli's a-comin')
Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart

You better, better hide your heart
Eli's comin', better walk
Walk but you'll never get away
No, you'll never get away from the burnin' a-heartache..
Everywhere I go though, Eli's a-comin'

Eli's a-comin' (she walked but she never got away)
Eli's a-comin' and he's comin' to git ya
Get down on your knees

No-no, no-no
Lord, I said no-no, no-no, no-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom