NFL 2007 Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Congrats to the Giants....I could not find the negative comments about Coughlin

zonelistener said:
In honor of the Giants...I want to do a mini "Year in Review" of some of my favorite Giants-related (plus two others) posts from our favorite Giants fan...Headache in a Suitcase:

:up:

Three playoff teams...and one to the Super Bowl! :D

Sucked all the way to the Super Bowl! :D

...and Vrabel doesn't drop as many passes!

To you, Shannon...ENJOY! :D

:love:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

hey... i watched the game with 2 die hard packer fans, straight out of wisconsin (or compton, either way :hi5: )

the quote un-quote red sox nation? you guys have nothing on packer fans. they're loyalty and insanity is at a level that none of us can ever touch. we hugged it out before OT and again at the end of the game. unbelievable fans and classy to no end. :hi5:

I have lived with parties from both sides (Sox and Pack fans) and he has nailed this one!

Hewson said:
Take these to the bank:

Patriots 27 Chargers 13
Packers 16 Giants 13 in OT
Alright, so I had the wrong team, but how many of you mf'ers predicted overtime?
As I (and Headache, who seemed the only 2 with any faith) said, the Giants had a legit "puncher's chance" and they cashed it, good on them. There won't be any Golden Boy Favre vs. Evil Empire Belichick story lines, but the Boston vs NY thing plus the rematch of a great week 17 game should provide some compelling storylines to fill the agonizingly long 2 week wait.

Thoughts on yesterday: Kudos to Philip Rivers, he manned up a lot more than I expected, played fairly well on (to quote a sobbing Mike Schmidt) 2 very bad knees. If I'm a Charger fan, I am pleased with him, not so much Classy LdT, who's comments last week in Indy about not wanting to jeopardize his future by playing in a playoff game coupled with his disappearing act yesterday in Foxboro force one to question one of 2 things, either his self proclaimed "90% healthy" prior to the game, or his toughness. The rest of the Chargers provided a very tough test, and deserve kudos for their performance.

As for the nightcap...how can you have more excitement than a title game going to overtime...fantastic drama...and I think Eli has clearly swum into the deeper end of the gene pool, he has really blossomed over the last month...just fewer camera shots of Archie please, he's as tough to take as Brenda Warner, The Cowher family and the Brister Sisters.

So whats the weather like in Phoenix this time of year?
:dance:

Excellent :hi5:

And you'll forgive me for not rooting for your G-Men that day, I was pulling for them the past 3 weeks (and made a few bucks off of them), but can't do it on Feb. 3.

One final thought from yesterday, what must Dolphin fans be thinking when they see Chris Chambers and Wes Welker combine for 14 catches in the AFC title game and they got a big pile of Lu Gatz in exchange for them?
The Dolphins could have had Brady Quinn throwing to Welker and Chambers this season and for the next few seasons, instead they have Meadowlark Lemon throwing to 2 bus boys from Shula's steakhouse.

Mrs. Vedder said:
I'm off. Too many sulky Packer fans here don't want to be insensitive. :|

eli does not approve of your banter.

LemonMelon said:
I'm so tired of the Giants. Bury them, Pack.

Dalton said:
I really want to hear Tiki Barber come out and say (simply), "I am a douchebag."

DaveC said:
Eagles fans get to watch Dallas fall apart (coaching and on the field), Washington lose their coach, and the Giants get blown right the fuck out of Lambeau Field. I predict 6 interceptions and 3 fumbles for Eli. :yes:

FullonEdge2 said:
Sorry Headache, there's no way in hell the Giants go in to Lambeau and beat the Packers:wink:

Brett Favre is again enjoying the favor of the gods.

FullonEdge2 said:

Yes, but that was a very different team. This year the lesser of the Manning brothers doesn't stand a chance against the top cornerback tandem in the league.

Also, this is a very beat up Giants team playing a Packers team that is now the healthiest they've been all year.

LemonMelon said:

They haven't been good since November.

Giants are done.

i've never claimed that the giants are a juggernaut... but they're certainly capable of beating the packers

pats 36, chargers 21
giants 20, packers 17

:love:

LemonMelon said:

Well, the Packers are certainly well-rounded, have the better record, and are playing at home. If I were a betting man...

... you would have lost :hi5:

your question of the day... who feels like the bigger douche this morning.

a) tiki barber
b) marty schottenheimer

tiki wins :hi5:

Hewson said:
Excellent :hi5:

And you'll forgive me for not rooting for your G-Men that day, I was pulling for them the past 3 weeks (and made a few bucks off of them), but can't do it on Feb. 3.

understood... and i'm sure you'll understand that i can no longer pull for the pats to go undefeated, even though i, too, have made a few bucks off of them this season.

enjoy the pink taco dome :hi5:

his broadcasting skills are laughable.

matt laurer's doing some consoling today

lauerbarber.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm actually jealous of Hewson right now. Damn it. :wink:

I bet you're thanking your lucky stars this year wasn't the year it was in Detroit, eh? :hi5:
The golf on Saturday would be rather unpleasant. :wink:

the quote un-quote red sox nation? you guys have nothing on packer fans. they're loyalty and insanity is at a level that none of us can ever touch. we hugged it out before OT and again at the end of the game. unbelievable fans and classy to no end. :hi5:

Aww, that's awesome! We're nice folks in (and from) the Midwest. :wink:

I loved looking at the crowd shots and seeing so many people decked out in full hunting garb. That's the only way to stay warm in below zero weather, even if you look like a doof who should be in a tree stand snoozing over your rifle.

I place the blame for the Packer loss squarely on Al Harris for giving up like 150 yards to one receiver and Favre for his pathetic final few drives where every pass either hit the turf or ended up with the Giants. The old man choked. :banghead:

I'm tellin' ya, he's David Robinson. He'd better hope Rivers is Tim Duncan.

carl banks was on the fan this morning and it's always nice to hear what someone who actually knows what they're talking about inbetween the usuall drivel from fans who think they know but actually don't, much like myself.

he was selling the giants D big time on favre... on how favre hasn't been good throwing to the outside for a few years now, how he's mostly become a straight ahead QB because he can still put that zip on the ball when he's throwing between the hashes, and that spagnoli took full advantage of this, taking away everything in the middle and focing favre to go outside with it, which he couldn't to.

:hi5: for carl banks.

the giants D did a fantastic job last night. they exploited every packer weakness, completely took ryan grant out of the game, and other than onessed read by a safety on the 90 yard TD and a bonehead penalty by sam madison, they held green bay to field goals.

I've been saying it all year, if the Giants play well they can beat anybody, including the Pats. They've been consistent lately and they're winning, no surprise. If they play well in AZ they have a legit shot...the 13-14 point spreads are way too high, bet the G-Men and bet them big.

35-31 Pats.

The Gmen match up well with the Pats because of their pass rush. If they're dumbasses like Jacksonville and give Brady all the time he needs, they're going to get killed, since they don't have an offense to keep up with the Pats.

Conservative D:

Pats - 28
Giants - 13

Aggressive D:

Pats - 24
Giants - 21

The spread may seem high considering the close games of late, but remember where this game will be played. I think we are going to see a return of the Patriots passing machine and a hell of a lot of points. If the Giants can keep up, then maybe they beat the spread, but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

LemonMelon said:
The Gmen match up well with the Pats because of their pass rush. If they're dumbasses like Jacksonville and give Brady all the time he needs, they're going to get killed, since they don't have an offense to keep up with the Pats.

Conservative D:

Pats - 28
Giants - 13

Aggressive D:

Pats - 24
Giants - 21

They had a pretty good pass rush in the last game against them and still gave up 38 points. And I don't see Brady having two bad games in a row, especially in the biggest one of them all.

I think Brady is going to pick them apart again.

phanan said:

They had a pretty good pass rush in the last game against them and still gave up 38 points. And I don't see Brady having two bad games in a row, especially in the biggest one of them all.

I think Brady is going to pick them apart again.

They gave up a large chunk of those 38 points in the last 10 minutes when they began to hold back. To be frank, the Giants secondary kind of sucks, so I don't see them having another option. No way can they eliminate Moss, Stallworth, and Welker for four quarters.

LemonMelon said:

They gave up a large chunk of those 38 points in the last 10 minutes when they began to hold back. To be frank, the Giants secondary kind of sucks, so I don't see them having another option. No way can they eliminate Moss, Stallworth, and Welker for four quarters.

I wouldn't call it a large chunk. Two touchdown drives in the fourth quarter. The Patriots had already scored 23 points before then, so the Giants tried to do something different because what they were doing before wasn't working.

Of course, what they tried in the fourth quarter didn't work, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom