NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Redskins' Safety Sean Taylor was shot in his Florida home...he's in critical condition and "fighting for his life." :sad:

As a Redskins fan we get enough bad news during the football season with crappy losses and now this...ugh.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604

I have no idea what to say. I'm angry because that closes the book on the season, but I'm also pretty scared that our best player could umm...die. Neither are good emotions, and this is the last thing I needed to see this morning. :( It does put things in perspective though, that's for sure.

I've heard some RUMORS that he could lose a leg because of this. Or could end up like House, dragging a cane around for the rest of his life. :sad:

However, there are other reports that he was shot in the groin, not leg. Not sure what to believe. :slant:

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

I have no idea what to say. I'm angry because that closes the book on the season, but I'm also pretty scared that our best player could umm...die. Neither are good emotions, and this is the last thing I needed to see this morning. :( It does put things in perspective though, that's for sure.

Another Redskins fan! :wave:

I agree...what little hope the Redskins had to make the playoffs seems to be gone with this news...:sigh:

kellyahern said:
They also said his house was broken into 8 days ago as well, but no one was home at that time.

They also said that the intruder left a knife on a bed in the house.

This sounds very serious and hopefully al works out for the best.

phillyfan26 said:

They also said that the intruder left a knife on a bed in the house.

This sounds very serious and hopefully al works out for the best.

Reports are saying that it was his knife. He and his girlfriend heard noises and he grabbed the machete. MSNBC was also saying that he's responded to minimal commands. Though it's way too early to tell what the prognosis is.

Pittsburgh v. Miami, injuries on both sides, game being played in the rain and on two waterlogged layers of sod...the only reason I'm watching is because I wagered the under (40).

I'm actually oddly into this game. At first it was because it had a bit of a fantasy impact for me this week (but that's over and done with, unless somehow both teams score a half dozen touchdowns in the last quarter), and now I want to see if this game can manage to end 3-0, or even more gloriously, 0-0. Or if Miami can actually win a game, cause I bet this is the closest they're going to get with the possible exception of the Jets game.

Wow. That had to be the worst FG attempt ever (long kick from a swamp into the open end of Heinz field).

speedracer said:
Wow. That had to be the worst FG attempt ever (long kick from a swamp into the open end of Heinz field).

I can honestly say that might be the first field goal attempt where I've laughed out loud at how bad it looked.

Kicking any FG in those conditions has to be near impossible. The field is so thick and waterlogged that when the holder sets the ball down, the kicker would be kicking the top half of the ball. You couldn't even dropkick it because the ball wouldn't bounce.

I know Ricky Williams got very excited about the new grass on the field.

Both teams really should just throw deep 3 times and hope for an atrocious pass interference call.

speedracer said:
I know Ricky Williams got very excited about the new grass on the field.

:lmao: You win.

Perhaps that's why he kept hitting the ground so soon after he left the huddle... :slant:

They just announced on the radio here that Sean Taylor has died.

Damn, what a sad couple of days for football, the Redskins, and the Taylor family most of all. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom