NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, Joselio Hanson doesn't know how to play cornerback. He's out of position on those cuts.

Feeley's proved he's better than Five, now prove your worthy of keeping Kolb on the bench.

Whatever Philly does, they shouldn't panic. There is plenty of time left, and Westbrook should still be heavily utilized.

phillyfan26 said:
Why not kneel it?

This team's so undisciplined. I hate Andy Reid.

The return man wasn't that deep in the end zone. Running it out was fine, but once he hesitates, he's gotta take the touchback.

Damn it, McNabb, what kind of a throw ...

Oh.

A great drive, and then that?

Phillies start in April.

phillyfan26 said:

This is where Headache posts his little "WE ARE ONE" thing with the band smilies and :hug:'s. :wink:

That would cheer me up, actually. But he's not around, so I'll do it:

:bono: :edge: WE ARE ONE. :adam: :larry:

Every interception has been a pass to the outside.

Probably 80% of the completed passes have been to the middle.

So, AJ Feeley throws it to the outside.

Andy Reid must have given up his brain as a reward to whoever found his balls this week.

A for effort, but an L on the schedule. Reminds me of our game against Dallas last week; one inferior team doing their very best to beat another and, ultimately, failing while still making a game of it.

We had no timeouts, and Andy's used to having a QB too out of shape to make it downfield. :shrug:

I wish I was kidding.

Well, I gotta admit I am proud of the Eagles for hanging in with what is clearly the best team in decades, considering they could have just packed it in with a backup QB and simply shown up to get their asses handed to them.

Now trade McNabb away :angry:

DaveC said:

Now trade McNabb away :angry:

Get a receiver with a fair amount of talent for him. Would be a big improvement over what you guys are currently stuck with, and would help out Kolb immensely.

Methinks you Philly fans doth protest too much.

The first INT was a weak throw. Samuel jumped the route, easy pick-six.

The second one -- I think the play call was fine. If the Eagles play for a FG, they're still less than a 50% favorite to win in OT. Going for the TD is fine; Feeley just has to not throw the ball up for grabs like that and just dump it off/throw it out of bounds/etc.

The last one, well, there were :19 left.

All in all, Andy Reid called a fine game in my opinion.

speedracer said:
Methinks you Philly fans doth protest too much.

The first INT was a weak throw. Samuel jumped the route, easy pick-six.

The second one -- I think the play call was fine. If the Eagles play for a FG, they're still less than a 50% favorite to win in OT. Going for the TD is fine; Feeley just has to not throw the ball up for grabs like that and just dump it off/throw it out of bounds/etc.

:up:

LemonMelon said:

Get a receiver with a fair amount of talent for him. Would be a big improvement over what you guys are currently stuck with, and would help out Kolb immensely.

Yeah, we need that and a few new offensive linemen. Tra and Runyan don't have many years left, and Herremans is no good.

speedracer said:

I agree.

First one this season, in fact.

I was serious about that last one. Five can't make it that far, and I'll bet he didn't think of the fact that Feeley could.

Well, good game, Eagles fans. :wave: Credit to your coaching staff for calling a great game, and credit to Feeley for...well, scoring points. :wink: He still has some rust, but if he plays like that against any other team, you probably win. :up:

speedracer said:

Plenty of time to toss it up the middle, race down the field, and spike the ball with 1 or 2 seconds left to kick the field goal.

Madden had been saying all night that the out routes were simply not available, and he was right. The Patriots were sacrificing the inside to cover the sidelines.

The playcalling wasn't spectacular all game, but it wasn't bad. Reid just made an awful call on the play that mattered most.

:shrug:

Well, I'm going to bed feeling better about the team, and more convinced that Five is a huge negative that brings the whole team down.

LemonMelon said:

Your obsession with Belichick is starting to get a little creepy. :yikes:

No one cares if one coach "barely acknowledges" another coach. They really don't. They do care, however, if a team well-known for running up scores and stealing defensive signals accuses another team of using fake crowd noise, only to be shown as entirely paranoid for doing so. People hate Belichick because he's a dick, and they like Gibbs because he's a likable guy.

At least your team is good. The least you can do is not be bitter after your own victories. That's simply pathetic.
They cared a lot about Belichick "barely acknowledging" Mangini last year...it was a big to do with the media, thats what I was referring to, nothing about signals or accusations. Gibbs does the exact same thing today and nobody mentions it, why exactly is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom