NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be a Chargers fan this weekend anyway...not against the Pats of course :wink: but any team playing the Colts has my support :)

Hello, NFL fans.

Donovan and I have been watching playoff games together. For every playoff game, we go to a new restaurant. Then, we flip a coin to be assigned one of the two teams. Whenever your team scores a touchdown, you eat an entree. Field goals are appetizers, and extra points and safetys are desserts.

It's fun.

I've been poking around the forum and found this "Smilies" feature.

It's fun.

:barf: - Look, it's Donovan!

:crack: - Look, it's my son!

:drunk: - Look, it's my other son!

:rant: - Look, it's one of those Philly fans that hates me!

Andy Reid said:
Hello, NFL fans.

Donovan and I have been watching playoff games together. For every playoff game, we go to a new restaurant. Then, we flip a coin to be assigned one of the two teams. Whenever your team scores a touchdown, you eat an entree. Field goals are appetizers, and extra points and safetys are desserts.

It's fun.

Except Donovan gets enough exercise he can work off those entrees.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm really surprised at how many people i see/hear picking jacksonville. it's amazing how dislike of a team can skew people's visions of reality.

Yeah, really. All of a sudden, nobody remembers 16-0?

I will be absolutely SHOCKED if the Jaguars even cover the spread at 13.5 points with David Garrard under center.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm really surprised at how many people i see/hear picking jacksonville. it's amazing how dislike of a team can skew people's visions of reality.

Everyone has been saying all along that the "tough physical Jags" with their bruising running game could possibly beat the Pats cause they are the team "built for January"...

Unfortunately for the Jags, on Jan 12 at 8PM in wintry Foxboro it is supposed to be clear, about 40 degrees and 5MPH winds.
So the elements won't help the Jags defend the pass as the wind (the only potential real factor) will be nearly nonexistant.
They'll have to rely on their defense, the weak link of which is the secondary, and they've got 1 starter on the line out for sure and a 2nd very likely out, plus a linebacker out. Being thin up front will be something that Belichick, McDaniel and Brady will look to exploit by running a lot of hurry up...the running game won't help the Jags if they fall behind by 14 or more, so Garrard will have to perform for them to have any shot...the NFL is a QB league, and in this matchup, Brady vs Garrard, its fairly one sided. We'll see soon, but I see the Pats winning comfortably.

DaveC said:

Yeah, really. All of a sudden, nobody remembers 16-0?

People remember the three wins they pulled out late in the 4th quarter when everything seemed stacked against them. The Pats aren't unbeatable, they just haven't been beaten yet.

However, I am definitely picking the Pats. I just think that if any team could beat them, it's the Jags.

I disagree. If any team is going to beat them, it's without a doubt the Colts, as history has shown.

I realize there were some close calls during the last month of the season for the Patriots, but now that they are in the playoffs and coming off of a bye, I think you are going to see a rejuvenated team, having gotten 16-0 out of the way.

I think Jacksonville will keep it close for a half, but then I see the Patriots pulling away and winning easily. Still standing by my prediction of 38-17.

As for the other games...

Packers 27, Seahawks 20
Colts 31, Chargers 28
Cowboys 28, Giants 24

Back when I first did the playoff pool, I was picking San Diego to upset Indianapolis, as they really seem to have the Colts' number lately. But they regressed in that game against Tennessee, and now it is highly doubtful that Gates will be able to play, and there's just no way they can win without him.

Last edited:
I also think Indy is the team with the best chance to beat the Pats, as the NFL is a QB league (where have I read that before?) and the Colts have the only guy currently close to Brady, plus they have a solid defense, good running game and of course very pious coach.

So for this weekend:

Packers 31 Seahawks 28
Patriots 41 Jaguars 10
Colts 34 Chargers 13
Cowboys 27 Giants 24

I think the G-men have the best shot at pulling the upset, the news thet TO practiced yesterday prevents me from picking the upset, but I still think they'll battle to the end.

SD-Colts= 28-17 Colts for the win
Jags-Pats =31-28 Jags for the Win
Packers-Hawks= 27-24 Packers for the Win

Dallas-Giants= 31-28 Cowboys for the Win

Seahawks over Green Bay 23-17
Chargers over Colts 21- 20
Giants over Dallas 31-27
Jax over Patriots 21-14

Going for the upsets :wink:

As only a casual football fan, I have to say it's pretty exciting around Seattle these days. The 12th Man flag is flying high over the Space Needle, everyone at work is decked out in their Seahawks jerseys - except the lone 2 or 3 people I've seen decorated in Packer gear.

I like watching the local news, with our guys reporting from my almost-home town of Green Bay, and saying stuff like "The Hawks touch down in Wisconsin later today."

I know it's just football, but ... it's pretty cool. :)

That being said, GO PACKERS! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom