NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

You sure do waste a lot of your time and energy worrying about us Pats fans making comments.

Because there is an apparent double standard. There is a lack of clarity when the Pats are in the conversation.

It is tiresome.

By the way...did anyone notice the CBS audio failure when Tennessee missed the field goal yesterday? It sounded eerily similar to the piped in crowd noise from the Indy game that every Pat fan hear was SOOOO sure it was a RCA Dome CD malfunction.

zonelistener said:

By the way...did anyone notice the CBS audio failure when Tennessee missed the field goal yesterday? It sounded eerily similar to the piped in crowd noise from the Indy game that every Pat fan hear was SOOOO sure it was a RCA Dome CD malfunction.

Never miss an opportunity to play that card do you?

zonelistener said:

Because there is an apparent double standard. There is a lack of clarity when the Pats are in the conversation.

It is tiresome.

As I said, I was merely responding to LemonMelon's comment about blowouts. The context of my post had nothing to do with your example.

Hello Blue Crack Addicts...haven't been around for a while.

I'm back to cheer on my Chargers!!!!

And I sure hope that Jax beat the Pats.

He looked kind of outdated during much of his recent tenure. So Gregg Williams should now be stepping in according to his contract I believe.

zonelistener said:

It is tiresome.

you couldn't have paid me to sit down and watch the tennessee titans play.

if i had heard it, i would have brought it up.

romo fears eli

LemonMelon said:

Ridiculous. Pats haven't blown anyone out that badly since the Redskins. :wink: And they certainly won't do it to one of the very best teams in the AFC.

Pats - 28
Jags - 23

It will be a one possession game.

fine. 42-10.

belichick coming off a bye against a team with a limited quarterback?

yea... good luck. the only way the pats don't win in a blowout is if it's 3 degrees out and a blizzard.

let's just count down the days until brady-eli part duex :wink:

Last edited:
overthrowing recievers's at a town near you!

elifiredup.jpg

he's coming for you romo...

Hewson said:
He looked kind of outdated during much of his recent tenure. So Gregg Williams should now be stepping in according to his contract I believe.

There's nothing in his contract that says he will, according to recent reports.

I really, really, REALLY hope he doesn't get the job. He was a terrible coach in Buffalo, and the defense was inconsistent this year. :yuck:

At first, I was really disappointed by the news, but Gibbs never let us down. He's helped us reach the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and left us with a pretty talented team...we're better than when he showed up, anyway.

I'm betting we see either Williams or Saunders in the HC spot until we can pick up the true successor. Cowher, perhaps?

Cowher said he wants to spend at least one more year away from coaching/honor his contract with CBS, but.....Snyder could toss a lot of $$$ his way, and, the Cowher family did move to Raleigh, which is not all that far from DC (300 miles?), so who knows.

Gibbs did a reasonable job, but for sure it wasn't up to the standards of Joe Gibbs circa 1988.
The timeout blunder against Buffalo was mind boggling, and today's NFL requires such a different method of running the team with the cap and other player issues, it just seemed he was away from the game too long to step back in and be anywhere near as effective as he had been in the past. I remember the stories in the 80's of Gibbs sleeping in his office, he was the first coach I had heard about doing that and putting in the ridiculous hours, tough to do in your 60's. And obviously the Taylor murder weighed heavily on him and the entire team.

Now if the Williams contract thing is merely hearsay, then I'd expect Snyder to take a run at Cowher, clearly money won't be an issue for Dan.

I think Coach Gibbs did the right thing by stepping down. He just wasn't bringing the Skins to the next level. He'll always be a great coach, though. He still remains a valuable asset to the Skins organization, so him remaining with the team in another capacity is an excellent move.

sniggirb said:
Hello Blue Crack Addicts...haven't been around for a while.

I'm back to cheer on my Chargers!!!!

And I sure hope that Jax beat the Pats.

HI sniggirb!!:wave: Good to see another Chargers fan here, we may be the only two here. Those damn Pats fans seem to take up all the space around here. :lol: :tongue: (just kidding for any humor impared Pats fans out there)

Its too bad we don't have a better team to cheer on this year, but, as a Chargers fan, hope springs eternal. Sunday at the Q in the rain was a blast, but if the Chargers don't play better than that, we are going to be killed in Indy. Go Bolts!!:rockon:

Kinsa said:

HI sniggirb!!:wave: Good to see another Chargers fan here, we may be the only two here. Those damn Pats fans seem to take up all the space around here. :lol: :tongue: (just kidding for any humor impared Pats fans out there)

Its too bad we don't have a better team to cheer on this year, but, as a Chargers fan, hope springs eternal. Sunday at the Q in the rain was a blast, but if the Chargers don't play better than that, we are going to be killed in Indy. Go Bolts!!:rockon:

Yeah I am a little worried about their game against the Colts. They'll really have to step it up. The defense did a great job I thought, and Rivers had an excellent game too once he got rolling. However their strength, the running game, was non-existent. They'll need LT to play his best game if they have any chance.

Do you get to many games?
I went to my first NFL game in September....vs the Pats. It was hard to watch. I got taunted quite a bit haha...but it was worth the trip just to take in the whole experience.

sniggirb said:

Yeah I am a little worried about their game against the Colts. They'll really have to step it up. The defense did a great job I thought, and Rivers had an excellent game too once he got rolling. However their strength, the running game, was non-existent. They'll need LT to play his best game if they have any chance.

Do you get to many games?
I went to my first NFL game in September....vs the Pats. It was hard to watch. I got taunted quite a bit haha...but it was worth the trip just to take in the whole experience.

I just noticed you are from Canada! So, how did your Chargers love develop up there? That's great you went to the Pats game, most likely embarassing for you in Chargers gear :wink: , but great that you represented!!

I go to as many games as possible, given my hubby's travel schedule, he travels a lot for work, so this year we only made it to 5 home games plus this last weekend's playoff game. Sad to say, but I think it will be the last Chargers game I see live this season. If they make it to Arizona, we are of course going, but I'm not packing my bags just yet. :lol:

By the way - any of you Pats fans on this board, I remember at the beginning of the season telling you all to book your trips to Arizona then- I hope someone did it!!

Kinsa said:

I just noticed you are from Canada! So, how did your Chargers love develop up there? That's great you went to the Pats game, most likely embarassing for you in Chargers gear :wink: , but great that you represented!!

I go to as many games as possible, given my hubby's travel schedule, he travels a lot for work, so this year we only made it to 5 home games plus this last weekend's playoff game. Sad to say, but I think it will be the last Chargers game I see live this season. If they make it to Arizona, we are of course going, but I'm not packing my bags just yet. :lol:

By the way - any of you Pats fans on this board, I remember at the beginning of the season telling you all to book your trips to Arizona then- I hope someone did it!!

Well how does a Nova Scotian develop Chargers love? It all started with fantasy football haha. I had always kind of watched football, but hadn't gotten into it big time like I had with hockey. I had no idea who half the players were who I drafted, but I got LT.

And yeah I started watching football every Sunday (2 seasons ago) and just loved watching them play, especially LT. It was exciting to see them beat teams like the Colts and Patriots. I figured I may as well pick a team and San Diego was the logical choice. Only thing that sucks is its hard to find Chargers stuff here, its all Pats, Eagles, New York, etc.

I'm hoping to go to a game in San Diego sometime in the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom