NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: i dedicate this post to dalton

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i will bow to your sheer shit luck guess based upon nothing more than your pure dislike for the patriots and/or hope that they lose so that your over-rated team, which even you obviously believe somewhere in your heart that the smellyboys ( :love: ) are a bit over-rated considering as you gave more points to the packers in the super bowl pool (note, super bowl is two words), whereas you wouldn't have given the packers more points than the cowpoke if you didn't think green bay had a better shot because, ya know, they'd play the same number of games and all to get to the super bowl, and the pack would likely have to BEAT dallas to get to the super bowl (again, two words), which thus of course, in conclusion, means that you either believe that green bay is better than dallas or that you have very poor math and/or gambling skills.

:hi5:

Only reason I gave the packers more points is because of Favres experience and his leadership.

so you have a lack of faith in mr. simpson.

i understand. i do, too.

No I have faith in Romo (not simpson because by legal standards in marriage, she would have to take his last name) he needs a bit more experience. But he and the rest of the cowboys will win against The Giants and have to face GreenBay.

Re: i dedicate this post to dalton

i will bow to your sheer shit luck guess based upon nothing more than your pure dislike for the patriots and/or hope that they lose so that your over-rated team has a better chance at the super bowl, which even you obviously believe somewhere in your heart that the smellyboys ( :love: ) are a bit over-rated considering as you gave more points to the packers in the super bowl pool (note, super bowl is two words), whereas you wouldn't have given the packers more points than the cowpoke if you didn't think green bay had a better shot because, ya know, they'd play the same number of games and all to get to the super bowl, and the pack would likely have to BEAT dallas to get to the super bowl (again, two words), which thus of course, in conclusion, means that you either believe that green bay is better than dallas or that you have very poor math and/or gambling skills.

Post of the thread.

Although I can't give you five stars. It was "smellboys", after all. :wink:

Dalton said:

Sicy told me I couldn't answer that question without facing a ban.

I really do want to help you, but I can't. Sorry, my hands are tied.

Well the PM me. I can take your criticism.

Dalton and Justin, knock it off.

I really don't think I need to elaborate much.

If you guys want to discuss this privately, swap email addresses.

Dalton said:
Sorry, I don't pay for the interweb so I don't have pm capabilities. You could call me if you want: 202-456-1111. Ask for George.

Even though I may know how you feel about me, and how others in this thread feel about me, I understand and it's fine, but I don't hate or dislike anyone here. I like everyone here has enjoyed this football season and may the best team win at the end, whether its the Patriots, Cowboys, GreenBay, Jags, Giants who ever.

you've already made it clear that you think the packers have a better chance at getting to the SUPER BOWL with your playoff pool picks, and you've also made it clear that you're insaine if you honestly believe that a team lead by david garrard is going to beat the patriots in foxboro. i mean really... a late game victory against a banged up and fairly mediocre steelers team, whom the pats beat easily, really gives me confidence in the jaguars... just like san diego's stellar performance against an awful tennessee team really gives me confidence that they're gonna go in and beat indianapolis.

The thing is, the Jags match up very well with the Pats. They're like the Ravens, except more physical and with actual firepower. They can contain those receivers AND put up 20+ points, which is why it should be close.

I'll agree that the running game for Jacksonville is strong, and the Patriots have shown they can be vulnerable in that area. But the Jaguars don't have a very good passing offense (Garrard had a whopping nine completions this weekend), so you know the Patriots are going to stack up against the run and make the Jaguars beat them with the pass, and I don't think they'll be able to do it.

A major difference between the Ravens and the Jaguars is the secondary. The Ravens had a very good secondary, while it's considered the weakest part of Jacksonville's D. I think Brady will pick them apart. Granted, the Jaguars have a very good pass rush, but as we've seen time and time again, Brady is able to get the ball off so quickly that I'm not sure if it'll make any difference.

The one thing that could change this is the weather. If it's not very good, it helps Jacksonville (just like it helped Baltimore).

Pats 42, Jaguars 7.

The Ravens game is such an over-rated piece of bullcrap it's not even funny. Moss and Watson make easy touchdown catches that on any other day they would have made and the Pats win in a blowout. They make drops, and all of a sudden the Ravens have the "blueprint" on how to beat the Patriots.

David Garrard will have at least 3 picks.

phanan said:

The one thing that could change this is the weather. If it's not very good, it helps Jacksonville (just like it helped Baltimore).
Long range forecast (and we know that these are very dependable in New England) is clear, overnight low of 30, so probably high 30's at start of game and low 30's at end.

Sounds like manageable weather for the Pats!

Thanks for the weather....up next, you will not believe what you are seeing...A squirrel water skiing!

(idle chatter, shuffling of papers and bumper music as we fade into a used car commercial).

:wink:

Pats 42, Jaguars 7.

Ridiculous. Pats haven't blown anyone out that badly since the Redskins. :wink: And they certainly won't do it to one of the very best teams in the AFC.

Pats - 28
Jags - 23

It will be a one possession game.

LemonMelon said:

Ridiculous. Pats haven't blown anyone out that badly since the Redskins. :wink:
Well to be fair, since the Redskins game, they did beat Buffalo 56-10, and that was after a bye, which Belichick has a ridiculous record coaching with 2 weeks to prepare. Lucky for the Jags the Pats didn't have last week off....oh wait.

Don't forget the game against the Steelers. New England pulled away from Pittsburgh in the second half (the same team who almost won on Saturday), and I think the Patriots will do the same thing to the Jaguars this weekend.

Patriots, 38-17

I have been ridiculed COUNTLESS times from just about everyone in this thread for making comments like this:

phanan said:
Don't forget the game against the Steelers. New England pulled away from Pittsburgh in the second half (the same team who almost won on Saturday), and I think the Patriots will do the same thing to the Jaguars this weekend.

I am surprised no one has jumped on you for this comment...something like this from an earlier post in this thread:

LemonMelon said:
Besides, _____ played _____ well, so ______ should play well against ______ doesn't work in real life. Sometimes teams just have good games. Any given Sunday. Really.

Unless it is OK to do that when we are discussing the Pats? :wink:

:huh:

LemonMelon said the Patriots haven't had a blowout since the Redskins. I was merely pointing out that they pulled away from the Steelers in the second half of that game and it became a blowout as well.

You sure do waste a lot of your time and energy worrying about us Pats fans making comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom