NFL 2007 Part 3 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Why no media outrage over Joe Gibbs' snub of John Gruden after the game?
He barely acknowledged him...oh wait thats right the media doesn't hate Gibbs like they hate Belichick so its not a story like the Belichick/Mangini thing last year.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #32
The Male

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

I think Feeley is much better than McNabb
No, dude. He's not. McNabb is having a terrible season, but Feeley has NEVER been good at any point in his career. Kolb should be starting, not Feeley. Yet another horrible mistake on the part of your coaches.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm not talking about careers. I'm talking about now. McNabb before his injuries, weight gain, and inexplicable mind games he played with himself, yes, is way better than Feeley. But the McNabb on the field now is terrible. Worse than Feeley.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Why no media outrage over Joe Gibbs' snub of John Gruden after the game?
He barely acknowledged him...oh wait thats right the media doesn't hate Gibbs like they hate Belichick so its not a story like the Belichick/Mangini thing last year.
Your obsession with Belichick is starting to get a little creepy.

No one cares if one coach "barely acknowledges" another coach. They really don't. They do care, however, if a team well-known for running up scores and stealing defensive signals accuses another team of using fake crowd noise, only to be shown as entirely paranoid for doing so. People hate Belichick because he's a dick, and they like Gibbs because he's a likable guy.

At least your team is good. The least you can do is not be bitter after your own victories. That's simply pathetic.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #35
The Male

Quote:
I'm not talking about careers. I'm talking about now. McNabb before his injuries, weight gain, and inexplicable mind games he played with himself, yes, is way better than Feeley. But the McNabb on the field now is terrible. Worse than Feeley.
Feeley has thrown 19 passes so far this season, and it was against the Dolphins. Hardly enough evidence to suggest that he would be anywhere above average.

Besides, McNabb has an 87.3 rating, with 13 TDs and 6 INTs. He's not that bad.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

His stats undermine how poorly he plays. He had one game (I forget who against) where he had a passer rating of like 130 and played like absolute shit. Maybe it was against Washington. I think it was.

ETA: Just look at how McNabb did against Miami. I'll take Feeley's performance, thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #37
The Male

McNabb was hot against us. Sean Taylor got hurt in that one...

You must have been getting us back for injuring Brian Dawkins.

Now.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #38
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm just happy I can wait until next Sunday to see the Vikings do to the Lions what they did to the Giants today.

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
Giants are trying to ruin Headache's birthday.
Yeah... I was going to gloat a teensy bit about that, but it is his birthday and everything, and I'm nicer than that.

and they have a better record than my team on top of it
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
No one cares if one coach "barely acknowledges" another coach. They really don't. They do care, however, if a team well-known for running up scores and stealing defensive signals accuses another team of using fake crowd noise, only to be shown as entirely paranoid for doing so. People hate Belichick because he's a dick, and they like Gibbs because he's a likable guy.
Belichick may or may not be a dick, but the media absolutely piles on for stupid shit. Very little of the hatred towards him is actually deserved.

I find it hard to believe Belichick's the only coach to steal signals. Very hard.

I kind of wish Andy Reid had the brains to pull something like that off.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
McNabb was hot against us.
He did not play well at all. Things like screen passes that go for 58 yards help his stats.

I remember us getting a huge turnover and then him laying it on the carpet ... again.

How many fumbles does he have this year? I've got to look that up.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #41
The Male

Quote:

Belichick may or may not be a dick, but the media absolutely piles on for stupid shit. Very little of the hatred towards him is actually deserved.

I find it hard to believe Belichick's the only coach to steal signals. Very hard.

Doesn't matter if the Pats aren't the only team to steal signals, but they are the only one to get caught for it. Thus, they get the media attention, and the "stupid shit" becomes more noticeable. It's not really fair, but that's the way it is.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #42
The Male

Quote:

He did not play well at all. Things like screen passes that go for 58 yards help his stats.

I remember us getting a huge turnover and then him laying it on the carpet ... again.

How many fumbles does he have this year? I've got to look that up.
He got the job done, and our QB didn't. That's all that counts to me. You could spin every performance as the other team simply sucking badly enough to let him do it, but I wouldn't want to weaken a good showing like that.

Certainly though, McNabb is pretty awful this year, and Feeley won't be a huge step backwards for you. Maybe just a little one.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Well said.

And it was the media that started this whole handshake business last year with Belichick. This is also the same group of people that get on him for wearing a ratty sweatshirt on the sidelines. If people are picking on him for that, then clearly the media has waaaaay too much time on their hands.

All I can say is that I'm thrilled that Ron Borges isn't around the Boston Globe any more to spew his hatred for Belichick on a weekly basis. It would have been unbearable this season reading his columns.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Doesn't matter if the Pats aren't the only team to steal signals, but they are the only one to get caught for it. Thus, they get the media attention, and the "stupid shit" becomes more noticeable. It's not really fair, but that's the way it is.
And all Hewson was doing was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
He got the job done, and our QB didn't. That's all that counts to me. You could spin every performance as the other team simply sucking badly enough to let him do it, but I wouldn't want to weaken a good showing like that.

Certainly though, McNabb is pretty awful this year, and Feeley won't be a huge step backwards for you. Maybe just a little one.
No, the team got the job done. That doesn't mean he didn't play poorly. That definitely was a poor showing. One of his better, but that's not saying anything.

Feeley is absolutely, positively a step forward for the team.